PDA

View Full Version : New Dedicated Local Volunteer Reviewer

MaxCacher
08-18-2006, 07:31 PM
Would like to welcome the new dedicated local Volunteer Reviewer “”Chuck Walla “” to the great state of Arkansas.

She has lots of hides and finds and it up to speed on all Park policies for cache placement including the new policy for national forest.

After a long process the right person was found for the ( sometimes thankless job ) of being a volunteer reviewer that the state can be proud of. She will be keeping her real login name anonymous, please respect that and let her do the job.

Happy Trails

Max Cacher

ChuckWalla
08-18-2006, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Max! I have some large shoes to fill, but I will strive to do my best and serve the geocachers of Arkansas well.

Chuck Walla

mountainborn
08-19-2006, 08:30 AM
Welcome Chuck Walla !
I am curious about "new National forest" policies reguarding geocaches.
And am a little bit nervous since I havn't a clue about them, and this is the first I have herd about "new Policy".
I have about 30 caches in the national forest.
I have no permit or paperwork of any kind.
None was required at the time of placement.
Am I going to have problems ?
Was this policy developed at the National, State or District level ?
I know many of the local USFS officials and talk with them on a regular basis. Some I talk to regularly by two way radio in an official capacity.
Yet this "new policy" catches me and maybe them, by supprise.
Am I over reacting, maybe ?
Any light you can shed on this will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your helping hand with geocaching in our State.

ChuckWalla
08-19-2006, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the welcome, mountainborn! :D

As far as the new national forest policies, I must confess that I am not quite as "up to speed" on them as MaxCacher credits me. :roll: You ask some very good questions that I will have to do a a little research on to get the answers.

What I do know is that the Ozark - St. Francis NF has instituted a new policy and a permit is now required. I don't know about the Ouachita NF. I have asked for a copy of the policy from the Ozark NF office and am waiting to receive it. If anyone else has additional information on this topic, I suggest that the discussion be held on a separate forum item.

Chuck Walla

mountainborn
08-19-2006, 10:32 AM
Thanks for your help with this.
I really enjoy caching in the National Forest and would like to stay "right" with those that manage it.
Your prompt response is greatly appreciated.

OldRiverRunner
08-19-2006, 06:22 PM
Hello, Chuck Walla! I want to join the others in welcoming you to your new "job"! Since geocaching in Arkansas seems to be growing by leaps and bounds, I think you're going to be kept pretty busy!

On the subject of new NF policies on geocaching, I just happen to have visited the Ozark NF main office yesterday and got some information. I'll provide what details I have in a separate log on the new forum topic on this subject just set up today by Q.

Again, welcome! -- ORR

Team_Pink
08-19-2006, 06:27 PM
Welcome Chuck Walla! Northeast Arkansas is becoming a pretty active area and we look forward to working with you.

cachemates
08-19-2006, 07:14 PM
Welcome Chuck Walla! We are from Southwest Arkansas, If you are ever down this way caching, Look us up.
"CacheMates"

nonnipoppy
08-19-2006, 08:42 PM
Hello Chuck Walla and welcome to our part of the world........poppy

polijn
08-20-2006, 08:40 PM
Yes, welcome! Glad to have given you some caches to train on. LOL

Spice
08-22-2006, 07:13 PM
Welcome, Chuck Walla !! Great to have you!!

flannelman
08-22-2006, 07:20 PM
Thanks for taking on the job.

mountainborn
08-23-2006, 08:20 AM
Today is the 23 rd of the month.
I learned of "new rules' on the 17th.
Six days have gone by while I worried about my many caches in the National forest.
I think two members of this board have copies of the "new rules'.
Is there a chance that someone might post these rules.
Where are these rules posted for the public to view ?
Surely the national forest has them posted somewhere if they expect the public to comply.
I have a copy of the state parks application, it is posted on this forum.
Have I overlooked the "new rules" somewhere on this forum ?

LadyEngineer
08-23-2006, 09:23 AM
MB,

This needs to be be posted on the thread titled NFS Staching Rules? started by Q. Please don't cross thread.

LE
1 of the forum moderators.

mountainborn
08-24-2006, 03:28 AM
MB,

This needs to be be posted on the thread titled NFS Staching Rules? started by Q. Please don't cross thread.

LE
1 of the forum moderators.
>
OOpz !
Jest' aa' nothur' exampul' o' a rednek being hiz usually obnoxious, politicly incorrect self.
>
Aaaa, how I long for the good old days, when BLACK KNIGHT gave a little spontaneity, life and rebellion to this board, by giving a jibe at the politicly correct. :twisted:

TheAlabamaRambler
08-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Woohoo! Glad to see Arkansas with a local, dedicated Reviewer!

Each of you can be proud of the great community of players you are building, and I am sure she will be a great assett to you.

If she has half the great experiences with Arkansas cachers that I did she'll be thrilled she took the job!

I met so many interesting, friendly and fun folks that Arkansans will always hold a place in my heart.

Have fun, y'all come see me if you get to Alabama!

Ed
205-914-6814