PDA

View Full Version : Garmin 60CSx vs. 76CSx

KTrentLR
08-17-2006, 03:43 PM
Simply thought I'd pass this information along.

I'm just getting starting into geocaching - havn't even been on one by myself yet. Maumellean took me on one and I loved it !! (Been bugging Maumellean with questions ever since!)

After researching online and with Maumellean's advice I am setup with with software for my computer and palm.

As for a GPSr, I was steered toward the 60CSx. When I looked at Garmin's website, I saw they now have a 76CSx (bigger number - better?). Being the geek that I am, I wanted to make sure I was getting the best bang for my buck so I emailed and asked what the differences were:

Thank you for contacting Garmin. There isn't much of a difference between those two models, they are very similar. Here are a few of the differences between the two.

The case is different as you may have noticed. When you buy the units new, the 76CSX comes with a 128 MB microSD card whereas the 60CSX has a 64 MB card. The 60CSX includes a belt clip and the 76CSX does not have this as an accessory. The display is exactly the same on both
units and the buttons are very similar.

One more small difference, the 60CSX currently has a $50 rebate offer available.

I searched online for the 60CSx and found the best price (cheaper than what they're going for "like new" on eBay) at WalMart.com.

Hope anyone finds this helpful, simply wanted to share.