PDA

View Full Version : Lonely in here

chili36
07-20-2004, 07:57 AM
Somehow, I feel like there won't be many from Northeast Arkansas to show up here.

Heck, for that matter there aren't that many geocachers in NE AR.

arkansas_stickerdude
07-20-2004, 08:34 AM
Have the paper or TV station do an article on Geocaching and more will come.

cachecrazies
07-21-2004, 05:35 PM
Guess we'd better check into this area forum - since we're in the area and the forum's feeling neglected! :lol:

There's actually a lot of us out here - just don't think many are into the forum or posting part of it. Either that - or they're out finding the caches that are still on our "to do" list!

We loved all the caches in the Ravendon, Paragould, Jonesboro areas we've hit so far. And there's enough more to fill a weekend. The number of caches is definately improving. I think the ones in this area take more time than the "quick, easy" caches in a more populated area. So someone who is more "numbers" aware might shy away from simply enjoying a cache or two for the whole day. But what sights and experiences they're missing!! You have to enjoy each area for what it gives you.

GEO
07-21-2004, 06:44 PM
I have 2 caches over here but very little activity,mostly from Missouri.

chili36
07-22-2004, 08:06 AM
I spent a weekend geocaching up in the Jonesboro and Pocohontas area a month or so ago. I will say that although the caches were scattered, it was a great way to spend the weekend.

Geezer_Veazey
07-23-2004, 05:15 PM
I spent a weekend geocaching up in the Jonesboro and Pocohontas area a month or so ago. I will say that although the caches were scattered, it was a great way to spend the weekend.

And in another forum

I am a little surprised that Jonesboro isn't more active in geocaching.

I just got back from a two day visit in Jonesboro and got out one day to find 5 caches with one DNF. The next time I visit, I'll have caches ready in case I run across a good hiding place.

Geezer

Geezer_Veazey
07-23-2004, 05:20 PM
But what sights and experiences they're missing!! You have to enjoy each area for what it gives you.

AMEN!, brother. Smell the roses along the way. Drink in the beauty.

arkansas_stickerdude
07-23-2004, 07:06 PM
I've been to mtn home and jonesboro and theres not much to experence. hahahahahahahahahaha :D :)

GEO
07-24-2004, 11:29 PM
There are some really differnt type of places and scenery here on this side,just not many geocachers.
Kinda like down here mostly older folk.

chili36
07-26-2004, 08:33 AM
The key word in describing the geocaches in Jonesboro and Pocohontas is "scattered".

It makes for a pretty good two day camping trip to find less than 10 caches, but sometimes is just isn't about the numbers.

Geoark1
07-30-2004, 08:50 PM
We spent 2 days caching from Cherokee Village(had business there) East on 62 to Pocahontas and tributary roads north and south then back across to Mtn Home to pick up some of Cachecrazies et al in the lakes area and back home.

Cached Out with fatigue that we Cached In for a nap. We had cached for 5 hrs picking off 11 caches that we missed the really nice dinner we had been planning for some time at Biggers. Woke up an hour late, restaurant was closing in 15 minutes.

NOW the big ? do you know what time you better be at an eating establishment for something to eat in January or run on up to the Walmart supercenter at Ash Flat?

Answer: Just after dark!

CTSWAMPYANKEE
08-08-2004, 10:30 AM
I'm in Williford
This is my 1st post as being a new member been geocaching since June 2003 :D
and have 2 caches here 8) and owner gave permission to use driveway and property to find Caches (A Racoon's Home and A Deers Heaven) can park in grassy area near creek when not raining then just stay on Driveway as it gets pretty soft
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... d5f6a70800 (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=42396b24-7515-435c-868e-ecd5f6a70800)
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... 8608d7137a (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=5dbfe659-5e0c-4b94-b9dd-1e8608d7137a)

Come on DOWN !!!!

cachecrazies
08-08-2004, 09:42 PM
Hi CT and welcome!

We've already found Racoons Home (loved it) - and have had our eye on A Deers Heaven. We have to get back over that way real soon!

Gaddiel
08-09-2004, 08:58 AM
Welcome, CTSWAMPYANKEE!!! Nice to have you here!

arkansas_stickerdude
08-09-2004, 12:15 PM
Welcome CTSWAMPYANKEE I'm planning a trip up that way real soon.

SMEDIC
08-14-2006, 10:10 PM
Like everyone said, there is not a lot of people in this area geocaching. My wife and I enjoy it, and were getting our act together to release some caches up in the tip of NE Arkansas so hopely activities will spread up this way. 8)

Smedic

grzz51
08-21-2006, 03:38 PM
The wife and I love to Geocache, but, there are very few here in Phillips County. We find quite a few across the river in Mississippi. I plan to have a few new ones here in the Helena area in the near future. Are there any other cachers down here? We'd love to meet you if possible
Grzz51

Team_Pink
08-21-2006, 08:33 PM
We are planning a get together in Jonesboro on Oct 8th. Not a big deal, just a few geocachers eatin some hot dogs and talkin 'bout geocaching. Stay tuned.

cachecrazies
08-26-2006, 02:37 PM
We've got October 8th penciled in on our calendar! Looking forward to getting over to your area & seeing everyone. Let us know what we can do to help out. :D