PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Geekies :)

BACKPACKNJACK
07-19-2006, 08:14 PM
Calling all Geekies.
I’ve seen the states you have cached in maps and was wondering if there was a map for where your Tb has been?

Either a US or world map where you can put in the coords of the caches your bug was dropped in and it would show pins on the map?

This would be a fun way to keep track of the travels of your bug so I figure someone has made one by now and I just aint found it.
---------------------

Most often I’m just clueless about such things but because this is about maps wouldn’t that make me lost? :wink:

topkitty98
07-20-2006, 06:56 PM
BPNJ, if you're lost, I'm right behind ya!

Seriously, this sounds like a wonderful idea! I know you used ta be able to pull up a bug's travels, but it wasn't the same as having a map. I was given a TB tag to launch a bug for my class. I think that will be an excellent geography tool.

You know, if there was a map of their travels on their page, then maybe folks would be reminded to keep 'em moving!

tk >^..^<

Ltfightr
07-20-2006, 08:54 PM
It's not quite the same but I have a map on the kitchen wall to show William where the bugs have gone.

topkitty98
07-21-2006, 09:38 AM
How old is he? I want to do this with my class and do map scale, longitute, latitude, location of stuff, etc. Something "real world".

icetoad
02-24-2007, 04:51 PM
But I was just playing around geocachers.com and looking at some info about a particular travel bug. On the right side is a link to view in google earth. I clicked it and voila, all the stops on that particular bug were pinned. (I did uncheck every other box to get a prettier view.)

I was able to right click the route in the left window and save it. It gave me 2 options, kmz or kml. I haven't had any luck finding a way to import it into any of my map stuff, but I have more coming next week and I'll try that.