PDA

View Full Version : Another Phone List Idea

OKC_Nightcrawler
03-26-2006, 06:15 PM
Today I asked Golfnutz for the info to his hotel in Clarksville, so I could add it to the phone list I regularly publish. It gave me an idea. What if we were to compile all the places that were "Geocacher Friendly", and gave them it's own list? Not a bad idea, right? I'll be crossposting this in other areas too, so maybe we'll get a good size list going.

If you know of an establishment, or own an establishment, that'll give Geocachers a bit of a discount, email me at: OKC_Nightcrawler@sbcglobal.net.

I'll get it put into a list and mail it out like I do the Phone list. This list won't be exclusive like the phone list is. It'll go to any cacher that asks for it.

LadyRedbug
03-26-2006, 07:05 PM
Exclusive phone list? I think I'm offended, since I'm not on it. Makes me feel like I don't belong here.

LadyEngineer
03-26-2006, 07:50 PM
LadyRedbug,

I kind of agree with you. What exclusive phone list? I don't know of one and would like to know about this please.

LE

OKC_Nightcrawler
03-26-2006, 07:58 PM
Ha! It's really not that exclusive! Those who are listed on it, get copies of it. Kinda protects our privacy! The idea for a contact list came about last fall at our Fall Fest event here in OK. We've got folks listed from OK, MO, TX and AR. It is mainly an OK list, but I'm hoping to make it grow to include neighboring states. It's mainly used as a lifeline of sorts for when your out caching and could use a hint, gas, mechanic, or God forbid, directions to get somewhere! I've made both a Spreadsheet copy and a copy usable with the Palm handhelds.

If anyone is interested in being added, and would like a copy, feel free to contact me at: OKC_Nightcrawler@sbcglobal.net. I email updates out to the folks I add, after I add them, and monthly to the regular subscribers. BTW, this is something I do in my spare time and ask for no monetary compensation. It's free of charge.

arkansas_stickerdude
03-29-2006, 12:54 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA LE I'm on the LIST so bit me. :P