View Full Version : Purple Paint = Privite land .... Did you know?
02-14-2006, 07:04 AM
Hi folks. Just a little infomation, because I did not know about it until lately, so I wanted to share.
If you see Trees or sign posts painted with a purple paint (see photo) look around for other trees marked, because this is the same as No trespassing signs.
Just wanted to share and see if anyone else knew about this.
Sorry about the poor quality of the photo.
02-14-2006, 09:17 AM
Here is a post from the AGFC web site:
POSTING OF REAL PROPERTY
"It shall be unlawful for any person to enter upon any real property posted under the provisions of this subchapter without the written consent of the owner or lessee of the real property." A.C.A. § 18-11-403(a)(2).
(1) The following land may be posted
other real property
(2) Who may post property?
The owner or lessee
(3) Ways to post property
(A) Forest Land
(1) Signs - placed not more than 100 feet apart and at each road entrance. The signs shall bear the words "POSTED" and/or "NO TRESPASSING" in letters at least 4 inches high. The signs shall be readily visible to any person approaching the property.
(2) Paint - vertical paint marks at least 8 inches in length shall be placed on trees or posts no more than 100 feet apart and at each road entrance. The paint marks shall be not less than 3 feet nor more than 5 feet high, and shall be readily visible to any person approaching the property.
(B) Cultivated Land, Orchards, Pasture Land, Impoundments, Other
Same as (1) and (2) above but the distance between signs or paint mark is no more than 1000 feet apart.
(4) Posting Paint
Posting paint is a purple tree marking paint prescribed by the Arkansas Forestry Commission at (501)296-1940.
Titanium Dioxide 22.2%
Calcium Carbonate 77.8%
Oleoresinus Vehicle 47.2%
Petroleum Solvents 45.4%
Driers, wetting agents, and tinting materials 7.4%
(5) Availability of Posting Paint
Any manufacturer of paint may manufacture this posting paint, provided the manufacturer adheres to the designated formula.
The following paint manufacturers are able to produce a purple semi-paste tree marking paint:
(1) Amity Lacquer, Paint & Chemical;
(2) Amity, AR (342-5480)
(3) Ingles, Inc.; Jonesboro, AR (935-9977)
(4) Stebbins & Roberts, Inc.; Little Rock, AR (372-4106)
(5) Anchor Paint Manufacturing Company; Little Rock, AR (374-2852)
The Arkansas Forestry Commission prescribes the type and color of posting paint. The Arkansas Forestry Commission does not enforce the Posting Law.
Any person who knowingly paints the prescribed color on any tree or post for any purpose other than posting real property shall be guilty of a Class B misdemeanor. ACA § 18-11-406(a)(2).
It shall be unlawful for any person to post any lands which the person does not own or lease except with the written permission of the owner or lessee. Violators shall be guilty of a Class B misdemeanor. ACA § 18-11-406(b)
02-14-2006, 10:38 AM
Cool thanks for the offical information
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.1 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.