PDA

View Full Version : Yet another T/B question

nonnipoppy
07-09-2004, 08:27 PM
Another question that occurred to me in the recent travel bug discussion concerned the following.

A. Would you prefer a cacher that has your T/B to drop it in a cache and leave it .

B.Would you prefer they drop it, retrieve it and drop it again, perhaps repeatedly.

If you answer A what if the cache gets only 4 visits per year?

If you answer B what if the have possession of the T/B for 6 weeks but drop it in 10 different caches and put 1000 mile on the bug? Is that to long?

arkansas_stickerdude
07-09-2004, 08:38 PM
I really would not want any of mine to be in a cache that is only seen 4 times a year or on an Island. I would want mine to see different people and places.

Bio-x
07-09-2004, 09:39 PM
I wouldn't care if someone repeatedly dropped/retreived my TB for awhile. At least it would be traveling, even if they put alot of miles on it. As for the other question,I would just give the TB a mission to escape from the cache. I did this recently with two of my TB's(one that sat in a cache neglected by about 6 or 7 cachers and another that was placed in a prison...both have been saved).

I've dropped a few TB's lately on island caches with the idea that it might help challenge more people to try to make their way out there to find them.

A few of us dropped 4 TB's out at the Infamous Travel Bug Prison off hwy 23 in April and nobody has attempted to retreive them yet. Really, the ITBP isn't that hard if you go to the correct cave.

ITBP:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=77aab2f6-538d-4b45-ba3c-01a238f24773

Gaddiel
07-10-2004, 07:11 AM
I'll choose C. (both). We wouldn't really care, as long as it keeps moving. As for it getting "stuck" in a cache, it wouldn't be that big a deal to us. We would much rather it be stuck in a cache than be held by a cacher. At least in the cache, it's accessible to any cacher that chooses to visit, we would know where it is, and we would know that it's safe. .

Rusty_da_dog
07-10-2004, 09:53 AM
I prefer the drop it in a cache and leave it. Even if it is a cache that only gets hit a few times a year. I have a bug I carry with me, and it stays with me. Sometimes I think to log it in when I go caching sometimes I don't but it stays with me. I use it to irregularly track my travels. I don't know if thats a good thing or bad, but in general I would say pick up a bug and drop it off.
Cya on the trails,
Rusty

Geezer_Veazey
07-10-2004, 12:27 PM
Dropping and retrieving repeatedly would be OK if a cacher were going to more than one cache withing a few days time. The ultimate goal is for different people to experience it so it should not be held too long even if it is being logged in several caches. This is my desire for my TBs.