PDA

View Full Version : Meet and Greet Event at Mills Park, Bryant, AR

Ltfightr
11-20-2005, 07:29 PM
We heard there hasn't been one of these in a while so we thought we would host one.

This will be in Mills Park on Sunday, December 4 at 2-4 PM. We will bring Hot Dog making stuff and you can bring chips or a dessert (and your own drinks but no alcohol, please). There is a fireplace at pavline so we will be plenty warm.

If you havn't found them before there are 3 caches at the park and we hope to place one there also. If you have any TBs that you would like to get moving bring them along too!

Everyone is welcome.....Please post a note so we know about how many are coming. :D

rock_hound
11-21-2005, 12:56 PM
Here is the GC.com link http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=7480bfa3-9726-4581-9e1f-550dc1015365

idratherbehiking
11-21-2005, 03:29 PM
I would like to come to this event but I have to work that day. I would drive down on my lunch break but I don't think I could stay more than a minute before I have to drive back. I hope everyone enjoys the event and I will try and get away from work to make it to the next one. Man I wish I could find someone to pay me to geocache!

canoegoddess
11-21-2005, 09:43 PM
Man I wish I could find someone to pay me to geocache!

I've been working on that one myself, and tonight I was handed the solution. The "cache" is that instead of finding an ammo can, you identify a case of malaria, or a supply route in response to a natural disaster. At least that's what I would want to do.

http://www.esri.com/news/arcuser/0405/umbrella_30.html

They articles about other applications for their software there for things besides public health.

Sorry this is off-topic from OP, but when you're in love you want to tell the whole world right?

Team_Pink
12-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Looks like it might be raining. We will be in a Pavillion?

Ltfightr
12-01-2005, 07:35 PM
Yes and there is a huge fireplace in it too. And needless to say there will be a FIRE in said fireplace! LOL. Just remember to bring your drinks and some snacks to share with everyone. Looking forward to see everyone there!

Diana

nonnipoppy
12-02-2005, 09:21 AM
Hey Phantom are you going to make it to this one? I have a T/B that wants to visit AF bases so I thought of you.....poppy

Phantom_491
12-02-2005, 09:47 AM
As of right now, I am planning on being there. If everything works out I'll see you there!

PS: Nonnipoppy, I'll be up in your area (Hartman) later tonight through the time I leave for the event Sunday Morning. I will be in a wedding (No not mine) up there next weekend, and have to work some of the details. Hopefully I can get a little caching while there. :D

OldRiverRunner
12-02-2005, 10:11 PM
I hope to be there, good weather or bad! It will be nice to see some "old" faces and meet some new. -- ORR

Gaddiel
12-03-2005, 10:20 PM
I hope to be there, good weather or bad! It will be nice to see some "old" faces and meet some new. -- ORR

Hey, it's the famous Old River Runner! Good to see you here, and how you'll post often!

I guess the wife and I won't be able to make it to the event. :cry: Hope you guys have a great time!

Wayne

Woodwalker9
12-04-2005, 06:21 PM
I just returned home from attending the event and it was a great success. I'm not sure just how many cachers showed up, but we had a pavilion full. A fantastic turn out. A big thank you to Ltfightr for a great time. Outstanding job guys. It was great to see all the familiar faces and to meet some cachers that I had not met before. I can't wait until the next one.

BACKPACKNJACK
12-04-2005, 10:54 PM
At the things you learn during one of these events:

Spanky don’t look nothing like no real wizard I ever met.

If ya gonna roast hotdogs over a very big fire, ya gonna need a very long stick.

Poppy can get in 20 finds before I can eat breakfast.

Ya Can eat breakfast, lunch and dinner at one sitting but it ain’t gonna sit very well.

OldRiverRunner ain’t old at all.

Smoke don’t care if your pretty or not.

Phantom’s son Squirrel, is more the size of a bear then a Squirrel.

The colder it gets, the better hot cocoa smells.

Ltfighter do throw a bangup party.

And, if you can get cachers to stand around in circles telling caching stories, they block a lot of wind. [;)]

OldRiverRunner
12-05-2005, 09:28 PM

I'm older than you might think! But it's a handle I will never outgrow. That is , until I die. Then I'll just be Dead River Runner. -- ORR

nonnipoppy
12-05-2005, 09:31 PM
At the things you learn during one of these events:

Spanky don’t look nothing like no real wizard I ever met.

If ya gonna roast hotdogs over a very big fire, ya gonna need a very long stick.

Poppy can get in 20 finds before I can eat breakfast.

Ya Can eat breakfast, lunch and dinner at one sitting but it ain’t gonna sit very well.

Smoke don’t care if your pretty or not.

Phantom’s son Squirrel, is more the size of a bear then a Squirrel.

The colder it gets, the better hot cocoa smells.

Ltfighter do throw a bangup party.

And, if you can get cachers to stand around in circles telling caching stories, they block a lot of wind. [;)]

ROFLMAO....poppy

BACKPACKNJACK
12-06-2005, 07:06 AM
Then I'll just be Dead River Runner. -- ORR
You ain’t been a member here no time, and already your thinking about changing your “handle” like a lot of others around here, just so you look a lot cooler????
I guess a "DRR would be a lot colder...I mean cooler then an ORR
8O

BACKPACKNJACK
12-08-2005, 11:59 AM
Then I'll just be Dead River Runner. -- ORR
I almost got a new ID a few days ago, “BPNJDPIU” (Back-Pack-N-Jack-Done-Packed-It-Up).
I avoided the careening cars in a head-on by inches and like a NASCAR driver drove right through the cloud of flying debris, in this case it was flying glass and plastic and steam, getting only a few more scratches on the car and one slightly scuffed tire. 8O
Just think, the Mouse could have ended up almost a city block long but still a "DNF". :wink:

Woodwalker9
12-08-2005, 01:01 PM
Jack,

Glad you're okay. Sounds like it could have really been serious.

BACKPACKNJACK
12-08-2005, 05:38 PM
it could have really been serious.
Well MR Walker, ever now and then we cachers zag when we should zig, helping explain DNFs maybe, but for the most part we zig when we should.
:wink:
But I sure would hate to have to make that manuver at 200mph and I could not have done that in my truck. 8O