PDA

View Full Version : Broke 100!

TeamMGGPS
10-17-2005, 12:48 PM
Finally! I just broke the 100 cache mark. I've been a geocache member since 6/2001 and I finally found my 100th cache.
I've seen stats on people that have been members for less that a year that have racked up a few hundred caches.
Lets see, my stats: 2001=1, 2002=12, 2003=7, 2004=31, 2005=49.
Oh well, whos counting. They have all been fun and I look forward to the next 100.
Thanks for the hunts,
Team MGGPS

Black Knight
10-17-2005, 05:07 PM
Congrats on #100. Numbers mean something to a select few. It looks like you cache because you enjoy it, and not to run up your numbers....

DK

cachecrazies
10-17-2005, 09:38 PM
Congratulations TeamMGGPS!!!

That 100 seems to be a majical number when it comes to caching! I guess because we start out with 0 and each cache that we find is special in some way to us and keeps leading us up the ladder to one more cache. It seems like an impossible number to reach - and when we finally do, it's a confirmation that we've FINALLY learned what we're doing and are experienced "geocachers" and not just learning our hobby. There's many different aspects to it - this is only one small one! So many great experiences and adventures! And you've reached that first milestone!

Some that have been in geocaching a shorter time than you have more finds, that's true. But that doesn't mean that they enjoy it less (or more) than you do - or are more dedicated than you are. It only means that they've been lucky enough to have the time and resources and health and energy to be able to do it more often than you've been able to. Heaven knows that if the Cachecrazies were young parents with children they wouldn't be able to spend their weekends caching instead of attending sports games and school events. When our children were young, geocaching (as such) didn't exist! Now our lives are fairly free of major disasters of most sorts and we're more able to indulge ourselves in our hobby. Is this bad - I don't think so - it only means that we're lucky! And we've enjoyed each and everyone of our finds.

Please excuse the long post - but just wanted to restate that numbers don't matter - - - unless the cacher themselves feel that they are what counts to him. And if that's what's important to them - well, does that matter either? We're all into this for our own reasons - and there's probably 10,000 different reasons!

Keep enjoying - that's all that matters!

Woodwalker9
10-17-2005, 11:38 PM
Congratulations TeamMGGPS on your 100th find. I don't really know what it is about the 100th cache find, but for some reason it seems to be a great milestone. I know that it was for me. Perhaps the Cachecrazies hit it right on the head when they said that after your 100th you no longer feel like an amateur but an experienced cacher. At any rate, my 100th is very memorable to me and I know that yours will always be to you. Congratulations again and I wish you the best on your next 100. Above all, be safe, have fun, and happy caching.

Woodwalker

arkansas_stickerdude
10-24-2005, 10:42 AM
Congrats on the big 100 TeamMGGPS now run'em up

Woodwalker9
11-26-2005, 09:12 PM
Congratulations to 5beavers on reaching the 100 mark. A great milestone cache. I'm sure it won't be long now before number 200 is found. Way to go guys.