PDA

View Full Version : The Third Time is the Charm

nonnipoppy
10-10-2005, 05:37 PM
Tentative plans for The Third Time Is The Charm, An Arkansas River Valley Geocaching Meet and Greet and Double Throw Down Whomp-De- Do are now being formulated.

Some new activities such as a GPSr accuracy contest are in the works.

Suggestions of other activities are welcome. We will consider each one. Email nonnipoppy through GC.com or poppy@(remove this)arkgeocaching.org

New timing should allow for better caching weather. We have lots of new active cachers in the area and they are placing lots of caches. As always Golfnutz and nonnipoppy will have some new tricks up our sleeves.

There will be lots of fun, eating, visiting, cache talking, and caching seeking to be had. Some old mainstay caches will be archived to make room for new more devious hides. If you have interest mark you calenders tentatively for April 22, 2006.

......poppy

cachecrazies
10-10-2005, 05:54 PM
:lol: We'll mark that on our calendar for sure! Don't want to miss one now since we've been to the last two!

We've got a couple ideas that we've heard about or learned at other events and will send them as soon as we can round up the details on them (now, what file did I save them to, hmmm???).

Glad to see you're doing it again - you always do such a fantastic job on it and the caches there are such fun to look for!!!

BACKPACKNJACK
10-11-2005, 11:15 AM
Sorry I didn’t make the first one. (the cell phone monster caught me)
Glad I did make the second one (It was a bang-up top-notch job)
Hope I do make the third one (looking forward to meeting more cachers)

SJClimber
10-11-2005, 06:11 PM
Hey Poppi,

With plenty of warning, you can bet I'll be there. The overnight stay with lots of Clarksville and surrounding caches will be in order. Count me in..
Oh, LC, CO was absolutely beautiful mid-September. Thought of you guys.

Best regards, SJClimber

Black Knight
10-15-2005, 10:37 PM
I hope you aren't planning on throwing another 50+ caches out for the event, from what I have seen most of the ones in Clarksville now are in need of maintenance in a BAD way........

DK

Gaddiel
10-16-2005, 08:25 AM
We will be there!!!

Nonnipoppy, I hope you guys place another 50 caches or more! Every single one of your caches that we have found have been superb. Well-planned, well-maintained, and most importantly, fun to seek. Every single one.

I, for one, am thankful that you have taken the time and effort to make geocaching in Arkansas more enjoyable for us. We have spent several fantastic weekends in Clarksville because of you guys. I also happen to know that this has all been done purely out of a love for geocaching. The two MAJOR events that you have held (and another planned) shows me that your main goal is to make geocaching in Arkansas better.

Don't let anything take the wind out of your sails. I can't wait to see everyone again and find a truckload of great caches!!!

Wayne

Clark~Griswold
10-16-2005, 02:36 PM
Black Kight,

Please post a list of your caches. We travel the state quite a bit for soccer games and would love to hunt some yours.

topkitty98
10-16-2005, 10:40 PM
YEEEEEEE HAAAAAA!!!!!!
Excellent timing, guys! Precisely the weekend after job 2 is kaput for the season! Count us IN!! Make the reservations at the bestie westie and katie bar the jeep cuz here we come!

OH yeah, poppy, I heard tell uv some folks kids being born plumb smack dab nekkid!

arkansas_stickerdude
10-24-2005, 10:48 AM
you know I'll be there and will help anyway possible just let be know.

Black Knight
10-24-2005, 04:26 PM
Black Kight,

Please post a list of your caches. We travel the state quite a bit for soccer games and would love to hunt some yours.
Tsk.....Tsk.....

One thing about it. I keep my caches maintained. I may not log everytime I go to check on them, but they are better maintained than most that have been out for awhile. I guess that is the best thing about not putting caches too far away from home.

cachemates
10-24-2005, 06:25 PM
We missed the first one, made the second one, and we plan on making the Third Time is The Charm. We always enjoy your throw-down-whomp-de-do's.

Clark~Griswold
10-24-2005, 07:26 PM
One thing about it. I keep my caches maintained. I may not log everytime I go to check on them, but they are better maintained than most that have been out for awhile. I guess that is the best thing about not putting caches too far away from home.

You forgot to list your caches. We always enjoy high quality caches and can't wait to hunt yours.

Black Knight
10-25-2005, 05:56 PM
[quote="Black Knight":3dqotisp]

You forgot to list your caches. We always enjoy high quality caches and can't wait to hunt yours.[/quote:3dqotisp]
No see first of all the comments I made had nothing to do with MY caches. They had to do with the 50 caches that go live in Clarksville in one day and then maintenance just goes away. So see, you can ask about my caches all day long, I am not going to answer as my caches since that is not the issue on this thread.

So you know, do what you want, and have fun. I am only commenting on the conditions of several caches in the Clarksville area, with another 75 to come that will be good and saturated. Say speaking of saturation, whatever happened to the .10 rule?

DK

Valorian
10-30-2005, 06:34 PM
Dont know if I could go or not, may email some evil ideas for caches, Could possibly arrive with the Approver just iffy for me with kids in school, trying to figure out how to get away to go to GW4 in May :lol:

NatureFish
10-31-2005, 04:28 PM
Guess I missed something - what's the date for this?

arkansas_stickerdude
10-31-2005, 09:10 PM
Naturefish first post last few words "tentatively for April 22, 2006" hahahahaha!!!!!

Rhone
12-01-2005, 02:19 PM
I'll be there unless some unforseen incident like getting run down by a beer truck comes to pass.

nonnipoppy
01-29-2006, 02:51 PM
The cache page is up and ready. Check it out for yourself.

The Third Time Is The Charm (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=39ec639b-37e7-43ed-af57-d4b5f5baa6b7)

OKC_Nightcrawler
03-26-2006, 12:05 PM
Hi all! New here and not from the area as my name indicates! I'm mainly logged in here due to the upcomming event and our interest in caching your state in general. Either way, I'm looking forward to attending the upcomming event and making new friends!

I also currently keep the phone list of cachers in our area, kind of a lifeline for when your out caching! I know I've already got a couple of folks from Arkansas on it. If anyone is interested in being added, let me know. My main reason for mentioning it though is for Golfnutz. I'd love to add your info as a contact for accomodations when in the area. Contact me off the list at OKC_Nightcrawler@sbcglobal.net if you'd be willing to let me add you!

Thanks!
Ron

LSUFan
04-08-2006, 10:37 AM
I had planned to come to the event, but it looks like I will be in Clarksville a week early now. I will leave some LA goodies there for the event though. :)

nonnipoppy
04-17-2006, 08:28 PM
As of Monday evening there are 115 adults and 33 children that are supposed to be in attendance. If your name is not on the list it is not to late to make plans. Come one-come all to the longest running, largest cache event in Arkansas.The Third Time Is The Charm (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=39ec639b-37e7-43ed-af57-d4b5f5baa6b7)

Be there or be square....poppy

NatureFish
04-18-2006, 07:24 PM
Woohoo! Due to a sudden and unpredictable confluence of the sun, moon, and stars causing a gravitational shift, thereby stretching the time-space continuum, swallowing prior commitments into a black hole, or allowing me to operate in multiple dimensions, your choice, I will be at this event.

See y'all Friday!
Ed

arkansas_stickerdude
04-19-2006, 07:56 PM
Naturefish I hope this trip is better than the last one to Arkansas. Hopefully it won't rain while your here.

NatureFish
04-20-2006, 11:06 PM
It'll have to go some to beat the last one! Nevertheless I am leaving here in an hour or so and we'll see if y'all can do it!
Ed

jpenn01
04-23-2006, 08:29 PM
We just want to thank you all for your hard work and hospitality this weekend. We had a blast before during and after the event. We met so many cachers it is hard to keep up without name tags!

Not counting the special event caches, we found around 60 caches this weekend and they were all beautifully maintained. We did not find a single micro that some would classify as "lame".

I hope you do this again next year because we will make the effort to show up again! Although if it gets any bigger you'll have move it outdoors!

Thank you again for everything!

Jeff and Stacy
The cachers now know as CCATBQFM

Team_Pink
04-23-2006, 09:36 PM
We didn't do as well. The grownups wanted to play but the little ones didn't! We had a good time even with the throwup incident. Mya wasn't sick, she just ate too much junk food and it didn't settle well. After she got rid of it she was running around and having a grand ole time.

This event was the first time I had tried to find a pocket cache. It was fun but I don't know how to log it. How is that done, or is it?

nonnipoppy
04-23-2006, 09:43 PM
Ah Tech Guy thou didst not read thy passout sheet. :lol:

The poker run caches, pocket caches, kids cache and chocolate cache are all loggable here. (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=d82d6f11-cda3-4e7f-bd81-0bf045d905d4)

Thanks for showing up........poppy

Team_Pink
04-23-2006, 10:11 PM
did too! Just not that part! :)

got it now. It was definitely our pleasure, poppy! I wish we could have been at the steak house. Two little ones decided our plans did not include steak! That's ok, they will sleep eventually! MAWAHAHA!

NatureFish
04-24-2006, 09:48 AM
Just a note of thank you to all who participated, planned and attended, I will write more when I log the event.

You folks continue to impress!

Arkansas geocachers are lucky to count so many generous and caring people among you.

I don't know the head-count at this event, looked to be 200+, but I tried to meet everyone I could and talk not just about geocaching but about the state-wide geocaching experience.

I was gratified, thrilled, in fact, to come away from that experience able to report that I have yet to hear a negative word from anyone! Getting that many people to agree on anything is like herding cats, yet Arkansans seem to speak with one voice about their experience and enjoyment of the game and obvious sense of unity, community and fellowship!

Good work all!

Thank you, I am very proud to serve you all.
Ed

OKC_Nightcrawler
04-24-2006, 08:16 PM
Hey all!

Just wanted to say thanks for having the Oklahoma Hardcore Cachers! We had a blast! I have to agree with Captain Crash's statement about not finding any lame micros! We did about 65 caches while in town. All of them seemed to be very well planned, placed and maintained! They were a pleasure to find, even though Darkmoon claims he and his silly Garmin found most of them! Many of us here in OKC could stand to learn a lot from your caching community. I know I did! Thank you not just for having us, opening your community to us, and welcoming us like we were old friends, but for a lesson learned on how a caching community can willingly work together to improve the sport.

Ron
OKC Nightcrawler