PDA

View Full Version : Searcy Around the Town Caches

Bebopishere
07-04-2004, 02:22 PM
I did the Searcy Around the Town caches by Woodwalker this weekend. It was a blast. We will come back later and do the multi part, but wanted to say what wonerful hides. Woodwalker has a great mind and eye for hiding caches. I really enjoyed the challenge of finding each cache. I have been motivated now to hide a few more.

topkitty98
07-04-2004, 05:12 PM
Me, too! Aren't they excellent?! I was so impressed with them and what he did with the mystery cache for my child. He is a good guy. I hope more folks will go there and hunt for them. He is working on a new series of regular sized caches to be placed in the next couple of weeks also. Everybody needs to plan a trip up there soon! His mystery cache has loads of good stuff in it. I'm with you, Bebopishere, I am ready to start doing some placing in the Jacksonville area. I have gotten many evil ideas from him and I want to go to Clarksville and West Memphis soon to learn even more. We all know that nonnipoppy are evil and woodwalker9 says that ArkansasBugman is also.

topkitty98 >^..^<

Woodwalker9
07-04-2004, 05:59 PM
Bebopishere, thank you for the nice comments about my Around Town caches. I am so glad that you enjoyed them. You never know when you place a cache if people will enjoy them or not and it is so rewarding to know that they do. I have to be honest though. All of the hiding techniques for these cache were "borrowed" from caches that I have found myself. I have been inspired by people like ArkansasBugman, Geezer_Veazey, Deezer, cachecrazies, and others who are the real guru's of hiding caches. Thank you again for coming to Searcy and hunting my caches.

cachecrazies
07-04-2004, 08:30 PM
We've said it before and will say it again - this area is DEFINATELY on our list for cache sites to hit. We just have to be patient as it will take a weekend trip for us! But looking forward to it - and it won't be too long before the temptation is overwhelming!

:oops: And thank you for the nice words - we're glad to be included in that group of people! As with most everything - we've learned from other hiders and just incorporated them into our area! Keep trying to introduce different methods of hiding to shake up the local cachers!

nonnipoppy
07-04-2004, 08:37 PM
Me, too! Aren't they excellent?! I have gotten many evil ideas from him and I want to go to Clarksville and West Memphis soon to learn even more. We all know that nonnipoppy are evil and woodwalker9 says that ArkansasBugman is also.

topkitty98 >^..^<

I resemble that remark. In fact some of our caches are our interpretation of Bugman's work. The same could be said of Golfnutz......poppy

topkitty98
07-04-2004, 08:48 PM
Oops, my bad! I truly intended to include golfnutz when I said that. After all, everything I have downloaded for our Clarksville trip includes you both. I think I have ALL of Clarksville's caches on our list. Especially those mentioned by the forum posters recently. Do you have favorites yourself?

topkitty98 >^..^<

nonnipoppy
07-04-2004, 08:53 PM
Well I am rather fond of The Judge, Holy Smokes and all five of the Crypto Quest caches. But (lowering voice to a secret telling level) there will be some more pretty soon. Who knows they may become the favs......poppy

cachecrazies
07-04-2004, 09:13 PM
:roll: Hmm - how much vacation time do I have left???? It's gonna take a week or more the next time we hit Clarksville!

nonnipoppy
07-04-2004, 09:18 PM
Actually a cacher named Rhone found almost all of the today. Both ours and Golfnutz caches. There were a few exceptions. But he really logged some caches today. So come on down. We are probably going to place some new ones in the coming weeks....poppy

Bebopishere
07-04-2004, 09:21 PM
Hey Poppi,
My family did Searcy this weekend, and plan on hitting Clarksville in a few weeks, maybe 1st weekend in Aug. My kids are excited. The most we have done in 1 day was 17 in Memphis, I'd like to double that!! See you guys soon, maybe we can all get together for breakfast then.

nonnipoppy
07-04-2004, 09:27 PM
We would love to meet you but unfortunately we will no be here the first weekend in Aug. We will be vacationing/caching Colorado and Oklahoma the first two weeks of Aug. But we will be glad to meet cachers any time we are here. :wink:

topkitty98
07-05-2004, 01:13 PM
Alright, nonnipoppy, I got booted off last night with computer problems. We will be making it up there either this week or in 2 weeks with my sister. I'm looking forward to it. Thanks and now on to thinking about the cryptos.

:?

topkitty98
>^..^<

nonnipoppy
07-05-2004, 05:58 PM
Well personally we are waiting for cooler weather so we can be Searching Searcy and Marauding Mountain Home 8) :wink:

poppy

cachecrazies
07-05-2004, 07:49 PM
When you are "marauding" Mtn. Home - give us a call! We'll meet up somewhere along the way! Won't be here Aug. 19 and a few days thereafter. Going to West Memphis for a seminar and hope to hit a few more of Bugman's and Bitbrain's caches! :lol:

nonnipoppy
07-05-2004, 07:53 PM
Well personally we are waiting for cooler weather so we can be Searching Searcy and Marauding Mountain Home 8) :wink:

poppy

The operative term being cooler weather much cooler. Those Memphis/West Memphis caches are a hoot....poppy

topkitty98
07-25-2004, 11:47 PM
. . . And now for a word from his sponsor . . . "That's right, folks, Woodwalker9 has done it again! 3 more caches in the Searcy area, for a total of 9? DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT, miss out on this uplifting experience! They are all within just a few miles of each other, highlight interesting stuff in the Searcy area, and employ some nasty, evil, - I mean CLEVER - tricks to mask their appearance! Now, back to our regular programming, already in progress!"

THANK YOU WOODWALKER YOU NEVER DISAPPOINT ! ! !

topkitty98 & markrocks
>^..^<

Woodwalker9
07-26-2004, 11:43 AM
topkitty98 & markrocks, thanks for the nice comments. I'm really glad that you enjoyed the Searcy caches. As I have said before, all the techniques were copied from caches that I have hunted myself. Not much original here. Besides, after hunting your Namesake cache, you are way out of my league. Talk about sneaky, er cleaver! I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve next.

Geoark1
08-08-2004, 10:25 PM
We finally finished the series today, 2 of them took 3 times, Thank you Woodwalker for your clever, unique and thoughtful caches in my home County too. High 5 to you! Will be looking for more, right away!

Woodwalker9
08-09-2004, 10:12 AM
Geoark1, I am so glad that you enjoyed the Searcy caches. I really appreciated you hunting them and thank you for all your nice comments.

Woodwalker9