PDA

View Full Version : .

mountainborn
08-21-2005, 06:14 PM

Gaddiel
08-21-2005, 07:02 PM
mountainborn, I'd like more information about your method of transferring the data. For example, are you using the same GPX file for both? What program(s) do you use on your PC to transfer the data? What program are you using on the PDA? What kind of GPSr do you have?

mountainborn
08-21-2005, 07:08 PM

Gaddiel
08-22-2005, 06:22 AM
I have had a problem in the past with GSAK not giving me the caches that I expected. Turns out that some of my options were set wrong. On the "Open File" dialogue box in GSAK, make sure that the following options are set:

Clear database before loading: check the box
Database update options: select "Always"
Found Status Update Options: select "Always"

However, even if these options were set wrong, you should have still gotten the same results on both GPSr and PDA..... Also, for the Magellan, there is an option to "clear waypoints before sending". I use this all the time, but be aware that it will clear ALL waypoints from your GPSr. It could be that GSAK is not sending waypoints to your GPSr that it sees already exist...

I'm afraid that's about all I can think of for right now.

mountainborn
08-22-2005, 05:00 PM

BACKPACKNJACK
08-22-2005, 06:54 PM
I have developed a habit of saving my pocket querys, maybe that could be a problem in the issue, ( different files chosen ) I have cleared all old pocket querys.
I suspect that also (Not that I've ever thought I was using the new Q but was not :oops: ) but I have learned to watch for that.