PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

tgourley
07-01-2004, 03:52 PM
Greetings, everyone!

I'm Tim and I'm a relatively new geocacher in the area (21 finds at this time). I've been a lurking member of the Yahoo! group for a bit and thought it was time to introduce myself here on the forums.

I live in Centerton, AR (just west of Bentonville) and my wife Lori and I cache together. We've hit a lot of caches in Northwest Arkansas (Bentonville, Fayetteville, and Bella Vista), some in Moore, Oklahoma, and the one remaining cache at Lake Eufala State Park (formerly Fountainhead). I'm pretty much hooked on the game like everyone else now.

Well, just thought I'd say hello! Also, great work on this website. It's not every day you see such a clean-looking PHP-Nuke website so cheers to the webmaster!

Tim Gourley

RuffRidr
07-02-2004, 08:08 AM
Hey Tim,
We've seen your logs pop up on a lot of the caches around here. We're from Lowell and we cache in pretty much the same area as you do. Welcome to Geocaching and welcome to the arkgeocaching.org website!

--RuffRidr

Gaddiel
07-04-2004, 07:50 PM
Welcome aboard, Tim! It's addictive, isn't it?

Please feel free to get involved with ArkGeo and post here often!

Bebopishere
07-04-2004, 08:09 PM
Welcome Tim,
I'm in the central Arkansas region, and this is a family affair for me as well. Glad to have you "out of the closet". Feel free in voice your opinions, you never know when you will say the one thing that can inspire someone else. See you on the trails.

nonnipoppy
07-04-2004, 08:32 PM
Hey there. Welcome to the game. SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) nonni my wife and I cache together also. We happen to be in the southeast corner of northwest Arkansas. That is calso known as Clarksville. Welcome. I'm sure you will not find this hobby addictive. We don't. We don't , we don't. Well maybe a little bit....poppy

cachecrazies
07-04-2004, 08:37 PM
:D Just adding our welcome from Northern Central Arkansas!

A couple who also do this together! Adddictive? What addiction? We can stop anytime we want to - we just don't want to!

DaisyButton
07-17-2004, 11:16 PM
Hi everybody! I'm Mrs. LongDogs aka DaisyButton aka Nicole! LOL DH asked me to check out his board so here I am... I geocache with our family-- LongsDogs and our two sons! Its fun and we enjoy it as a family outing when we go... Nice to see all you folks taking an interest in geocaching! We are Scouters too, and try to incorporate it in our Scouting program whenever we can... How many women cachers are on the site?

Nice to Meet You all! See ya on the board! :D

cachecrazies
07-17-2004, 11:46 PM
Hi Daisy! There's one of us females on this team! We both have GPSr's and have a rivalry. Mines Magellen - his is Garmin. We have a lot of fun with it! :twisted:

DaisyButton
07-18-2004, 06:19 AM
Well Lady Cache Crazy Team Member -- You go girl!!! LOL 8)

arkansas_stickerdude
07-18-2004, 10:42 AM
Just thought I would WELCOME DaisyButton,tgourley, and Lady CacheCrazy. We hope too see you all at the CAG meeting http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=b0c99fea-9934-4d94-b18c-55fdc612d2e6 or at the http://www.fortsmithautomall.com/ARGeocaching/4states.gif Meeting http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=8239f326-dd06-4c48-a4b3-a70860785b71 . Again WELCOME and I'm a member of GA (Geocachers Anonymous) I can stop I promise I think?

Phantom_491
07-18-2004, 10:57 AM
Again WELCOME and I'm a member of GA (Geocachers Anonymous) I can stop I promise I think?

Sticker Dude, When's the next meeting? I've only be caching since End of Feb and have over 125. Is there any help for me?!?

<Hear's another cache calling his name.>

Make it Stop!!!!

LOL

GEO
07-18-2004, 01:05 PM
GEOCACHING ANNONYMOUS WENSDAY NIGHT MEETING.

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index. ... opic=62486 (http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=62486)

I am an addict as well,no I'mm notohohohohho having fun though.
anybody need a good sponsor?

arkansas_stickerdude
07-18-2004, 08:32 PM
Geo why go there we have our own Chat room for it now. We should have the meetings here.( no meetings (other voice) Yes Meetings NO,YES,NO,YES,NO,YES) Ok I'll have to get back to you on that one when the voices in my head agree YES,NO,YES AAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGG. I say we have it here WED. Night 8pm.

bullmonkeyboy
07-19-2004, 09:04 PM
Hello im the noobie around here i guess :D . I haven't been cachin for long but i have 52 finds. Since i can't drive i rely on my father idratherbehiking to haul me around with him from cache to cache. I really enjoy going out and finding them.

nonnipoppy
07-19-2004, 10:30 PM
Welcome bullmonkeyboy, DaisyButton, Bebopishere, and Tgourley. We are really glad you are caching and we appreciate you joining in on the discussions. If we can help you any just say so.......poppy :D

LadyEngineer
07-20-2004, 06:57 AM
Hello everybody. As the screenname suggest, I'm a female cacher. I'm also the partner to Strider869. You haven't seen much from him, so you can guess which of us is more addicted at this time. He's getting there though. I'm looking forward to meeting all that are planning on attending the Meet/Greet in Aug. I'm also very excited about the new chat room. Thanks LongDog. We don't have alot of finds yet. We've done several attempts with no finds. I swear, I'll think one will be real quick and it urns out to be not so easy or no find. :oops: Hopefully we will get better. Can't wait to meet Nonni and DaisyButton and LadyCacheCrazy.

Gaddiel
07-20-2004, 07:17 AM
It's great to have you onboard LadyEngineer! We enjoy your contribution to the forums. Hopefully, my wife (OrangeDanish) and I will get to meet you sometime. Chances are slim that we will get to the event in Burns Park, but we may just see you on the trails!

chili36
07-20-2004, 07:35 AM
Welcome aboard to everyone. From the looks of things, there are a lot more geocachers on the west side of Crowley's Ridge than there are over here in the delta! 8)

Gaddiel
07-20-2004, 07:49 AM
Welcome aboard to everyone. From the looks of things, there are a lot more geocachers on the west side of Crowley's Ridge than there are over here in the delta! 8)

Hey, chili36! My wife and I have talked about making a trip in your direction. I hear there are some good caches in your area.

LadyEngineer
07-20-2004, 08:04 AM
Tis true Chili36. What can we do to help this side of the state out? We're so out numbered.

Geezer_Veazey
07-20-2004, 11:46 AM
Tis true Chili36. What can we do to help this side of the state out? We're so out numbered.

How about pushing up some mountains with bluffs and rivers at the base and waterfalls feeding them? Seriously, I know there are many scenic areas in east Arkansas. I just haven't got around to going that way. I will be visiting in Jonesboro tomorrow and will grab a cache or two.

To me, when the rice fields turn golden it is very beautiful.

Geezer

LadyEngineer
07-20-2004, 01:13 PM
When the rice turns golden or when the cotton make it look like snow, but that is seasonal. Plus we've got some enormous cottonmouths that are non too friendly. I'm considering places everyday, but keep throwing them out because I don't know if they would attract people. :( I just finished an 80 acre reservoir and considered asking the farmer for permission, but figure no one would want to head out to see rice fields and soy beans and corn stacks. There is a fabulous museum on agriculture in Stuttgart, as well as riceland foods and producers rice mills. And what about the marshes along the White River? Plus the Louisiana Purchase monument is over here. I know that an actual cache is not promitted but what about a virtual one? Anyones feed back would be greatly appreciated. I'd be willing to put some if I knew they would attract people.

Phantom_491
07-20-2004, 01:31 PM
When the rice turns golden or when the cotton make it look like snow, but that is seasonal. Plus we've got some enormous cottonmouths that are non too friendly. I'm considering places everyday, but keep throwing them out because I don't know if they would attract people. :( I just finished an 80 acre reservoir and considered asking the farmer for permission, but figure no one would want to head out to see rice fields and soy beans and corn stacks. There is a fabulous museum on agriculture in Stuttgart, as well as riceland foods and producers rice mills. And what about the marshes along the White River? Plus the Louisiana Purchase monument is over here. I know that an actual cache is not promitted but what about a virtual one? Anyones feed back would be greatly appreciated. I'd be willing to put some if I knew they would attract people.

You know the saying. "If you build it, WE will come!"

nonnipoppy
07-20-2004, 03:27 PM
Hello also to Lady Engineer, Strider869 and Chili36. I just missed listing your names earlier in this thread. Welcome to the fray. LadyEngineer you will get the chance to meet nonni but not in August. She must be in Dallas on business during the scheduled time of the meeting in Burns Park.

There are some really interesting things about Crowley's Ridge that would make great stories about a cache. But FYI in May 2003 when nonni and I started caching there was not a cache in Johnson County. After Golfnutz got involved we have placed 80+ caches in the nearby area. So the comment build it and they will come is true......poppy

chili36
07-21-2004, 08:02 AM
The number of caches in the Delta is growing. Of course, being so close to Memphis, there is no shortage of caches in the area.

I haven't run a query, but it appears that between West Memphis, Marion, Horseshoe Lake and Downtown Memphis, there are probably 25 or 30 caches at a minimum.

I am a little surprised that Jonesboro isn't more active in geocaching.

GEO
07-25-2004, 12:02 AM
Hi ladyengineer,
have you checked into the Louisiana Purchase Monument any yet.
This would be a cool place to have an event now that more are interested.
I did one a whle back but there just were not many geocachers at the time.
It would be awesome now.
let me know what you think and maybe we could work something out.

arkansas_stickerdude
07-25-2004, 12:06 AM
I would go I would love to see the Monument.

chili36
07-26-2004, 08:30 AM
Louisiana Monument would be a good place for an event in the late fall to early spring, but the mosquitoes in that swamp will carry you away in the summer.

If I am not mistaken, it is one of the few State Parks where a geocache cannot be placed.

LadyEngineer
07-26-2004, 01:31 PM
You are correct. They will not allow us to put one there. I can understand not allowing a traditional cache but not a virtual. I don't know enough about putting together an event Geo. I'm so new at this. I've never been to an event and have only found 12 caches. :oops: It would be a great place though. It's really cool there. Coooool not cool. Let me get past Aug 21 and actually see an event and how it works and I might think about it. :D

cachecrazies
07-27-2004, 05:48 PM
WELCOME CARDINAL!!!

Saw that you're our newest member - and we're elated that you're here!
We've all been concerned about you - hope you're doing better even though it's a slow and painful process.