PDA

View Full Version : Kids Day: Outdoor Skills Workshop

thenaturenurd
07-14-2005, 07:24 AM
Hello geocachers!

My park is hosting a Kids Event that will incorporate all types of Outdoor Skills...GPS use included. I will have one of the Department's T.E.N.T. available so that the kids can use the gear inside it. If you have never seen one of the T.E.N.T's you are in for a treat. It stands for Traveling Educational Nature Trailer. Inside it contains tents, backpacks, stoves, and other assorted camping gear. If you know of any kids that would be interested in this event please have their parents contact the park to register.

Upcoming Events at Withrow Springs (http://arkansasstateparks.com/things/events_search.asp?park=15&month=&keywords=&start_date=&end_date=&submit=Search)

Thanks!

Craig :D

Pignewton
07-20-2005, 07:15 PM
Wow...I wish my family was available for that. It looks like fun but daughter is busy with other camps. Sorry! But thanks for posting it and keeping us informed about the events. We will try to make it to one if our (her..hehe) schedule allows.

arkansas_stickerdude
07-25-2005, 11:11 PM
Man this will be hard to get to in the middle of the week. I would love to help if it was on the weekend.

cachecrazies
07-26-2005, 06:51 PM
This sounds like a great event - we wish that time would allow us to travel whenever we wanted to - but, unfortunately, work gets in the way of our personal life! :x

I'm Seeing Stars! sounds like another great time to be there - we'll have to see what we can do about getting to one of those.

We've been to Withrow Springs and loved it - it's such a beautiful area! But impossible for us except for weekends.

Hope it goes great - we'll be thinking about you!

thenaturenurd
07-26-2005, 07:45 PM
Well looks like a no show. I have 0 kids signed up I will have to try again in the cooler part of the year.

Thanks for the interest!

arkansas_stickerdude
07-26-2005, 08:01 PM
Maybe do it on the weekend? I would help out then.

thenaturenurd
07-27-2005, 07:33 AM
Cant do it on a weekend right now...maybe after labor day once the pool closes.

thenaturenurd
07-27-2005, 09:30 AM
Well its official...no one signed up or even called about the event. I think next time I will have to advertise earlier and get with some of the local camping equipment stores in the area plus radio/tv and see what I can drum up. Cooler weather will also help. I am aiming for late Sept/early Oct for the next one.

TeamMGGPS
08-02-2005, 03:49 PM
Sorry it took awhile to post to your thread but I didn't catch it in time.
Just an idea but you might want to contact some your local Boy Scout and Cub Scout units in your area before your next event. They are always looking for things like this to do and it would probably help them in getting their required badges.