PDA

View Full Version : Cache Clarksville

arkansas_stickerdude
06-17-2004, 11:53 PM
Luckywest and I are planning a trip to clarksville on Friday June 25 and are inviting any other cachers to go.

RuffRidr
06-18-2004, 07:16 AM
Hmmm, I may be interested. I have already been there twice and got a bunch of the caches in the area. However, there are still a lot more that I haven't done. Have you done any there yet?

--RuffRidr

arkansas_stickerdude
06-18-2004, 03:05 PM
I've done some around Sprada trail thats about it. Luckywest has not done any there. We are thinking about leaving arround 9 Fri morning.

Rusty_da_dog
06-20-2004, 07:45 AM
There are several caches, that I need to get back down there and hit, just seems I never find the time. I think my next trip is going to be North of Ozark there is some unfinished business up there also, and its a nice peaceful area.

nonnipoppy
06-21-2004, 11:00 PM
Come on down! Golfnutz and nonnipoppy await your arrival. I gave LukyWest our cell phone numbers if you run into trouble.....poppy

GEO
06-22-2004, 01:13 PM
I will meet you somewhere down there ASD.
I forsee no problems this date.
I have wanted to get back down that way for a long time now. :idea:

arkansas_stickerdude
06-23-2004, 09:59 AM
gEO WE WILL CALL YOU WHEN WE GET DOWN THERE. Ruffridr whats the news with you?

RuffRidr
06-23-2004, 11:35 AM
gEO WE WILL CALL YOU WHEN WE GET DOWN THERE. Ruffridr whats the news with you?

I don't think I will be able to get out of work Friday. Too much going on here right now. Thanks for the offer, and we'll have to get together some other time.

By the way, if you'd like I can provide you with a list of caches that you won't want to miss.

--RuffRidr

topkitty98
06-23-2004, 04:48 PM
:mrgreen:

I wish we could go, but we can't. I would be interested in the list of must see's though. We are planning a trip up that way the first week or so of July.

topkitty98 & family

>^..^<

GEO
06-23-2004, 07:02 PM
Well all is well for now ASD I am still going to get there unless it freezes over.
That might be nice about then,sure been nice up here. :D

arkansas_stickerdude
06-23-2004, 11:03 PM
Ruffridr I would be interested in the list and sorry you can not make it I was kind of hopeing for a larger turn out, but I know how hard it is to get out of work(no I don't I own my own business When I get a day off I just make everyone else work harder). There are some cachers from the tulsa and OKC area heading up to Miami,OK on Sunday if anyone is interested contact me and I'll get you headed in the right direction.

RuffRidr
06-24-2004, 07:20 AM
Usually the caches by Golfnutz and nonnipoppy are good ones. Here are some of theirs that I thought were good:

What a Twisted Mind (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=67e5d540-30c8-4c5a-bc7d-8f06e66a1bbb)
The Judge (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=d636676f-651a-4815-9bb1-a816baaadaba)
A Little Levy Madness (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=5a8de721-8b0a-40d9-b2a9-4d3bae857e92)
Rubbermaid's Revenge (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=504f93a7-4b0b-4f84-9517-984ea0a23003)
Bell of a Cache (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=32fb7d09-3110-4c07-8267-47da104fa68e)
Liesl & Rolf (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=d44d8414-79cd-46a7-9bb9-d0d9a9d16da7)
Inside Outside (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=b35ec26c-484a-49f0-910d-73f076b6ff63)

--RuffRidr

Gaddiel
06-24-2004, 09:04 AM
We will agree! Here's our list of "must see" caches, but I guess it depends on what you're looking for...

Liesl & Rolf
Old School
I See Dead People
Cader Lee
The Judge
Parking in Clarksville Multi
Inside Outside
All of the Spadra Trail caches
Flatter Than a Flitter
Rubbermaid's Revenge
Ready, Set, Go!

GEO
06-24-2004, 10:23 PM
I will(we) will see what we can find I got almost all em in there.

arkansas_stickerdude
06-26-2004, 12:13 PM
We started in Clarksville at 11:00am and got home at 4:00am that was a long day. I think we got in the neighborhood of 40 or 45 caches.

The Judge we got in just a few mins.

Inside Outside too a few mins because it was 11:00pm and we were cautious.

Eureka was found at around 11:00pm yes that was at night but WE GOT IT. HAHAHAHAHAHA That still needs to be a 5.

There is not too many in Clarksville that we did not got to.Thanks for all the hard work in all the caches in the area.

lukywest
06-26-2004, 12:46 PM
That trip was a blast. Small turn out but we didnt get any DNF's Would have more but 3 where gone do to some muggles. I had a blast. Would like to do that again but need lots of rest. My poor dog had to hold in his PP for 15 hours and made it I was shocked. And the Cader Lee couldnt get to do to some Muggles partying it up. Have to go back some day for Jail Break too. I learned alot on this trip . I know now that I need a few special weapons to add to next big advenutre. Namely a laptop with GPS. That will shave alot of time off Hen Pecking for the general area. Thanks Arstickerdude. By the way I got 36 and double what I had in about a month and a half looking on my own. Thanks Again Lukywest

GEO
06-28-2004, 10:29 AM
Yep you hit it on the head lukywest,them HI TECH secret weapons work well the laptop is a gret tool,When I get rich I'm a gonna get me one.

The detail and accesories you have are awesome Arkansas stickerdude thanks again for the advantage.Now it will be back to the pecking at them but I have done most of them that way so It is a real treat when you get to partner with the HI TECH.

Thanks again guys I had a great time.
Look forward with anticipation on doing it again someday soon.

topkitty98
06-28-2004, 12:51 PM
:roll:
Okay, I don't know about the rest of ya'll, but I personally think that Arkansas Stickerdude needs to post a war chest list.
You know, a list of everything the savey cacher should have to be with it, cool, successful, etc. !!!!!
8O Well . . . we're waiting!
topkitty98

arkansas_stickerdude
06-28-2004, 04:04 PM
So you want too know what I have in my CACHE MOBILE ARSONAL?

topkitty98
06-28-2004, 06:54 PM
Yes, I do!
topkitty

>^..^< :roll:

arkansas_stickerdude
06-29-2004, 12:26 PM
I'll get the list and post it tonight

cachecrazies
06-29-2004, 09:04 PM
We've got the laptop and MapSource. Plug in the coords and wham - does it save a lot of driving time! No more wandering around wondering where you're going! Added benefit of being able to log at night when you're out of town so you don't have to catch up with all of it when you get home. Have found that a lot of the hotels now have free high speed internet access - helps a lot! :lol:

edited for P.S.

P.S. When we were in Clarksville for the Meet & Greet, we used the laptop so Ar. Bugman could show us the sites where he gets some of his cache trade items.

arkansas_stickerdude
06-29-2004, 11:00 PM
OK here is the list of what I use

Laptop
Delorme Street Atlas with USB GPSr
GSAK
Pocket Quires
Cingular Wireless GSM Internet card for Internet on the go.
Garmin 60c
Compaq Ipaq Handheld

Here is how I use it:

I get the Pocket Quiries for the area I'm visiting then I take it into GSAK. GSAK sorts the found caches out then I export the whole database into Delorme Street Atlas(Office Depot $120 includes USB GPSr). In Street Atlas there are a lot of little flags on the map now and a description of the cache. Now enable the USB GPSr and now you have an arrow of where you are located now find the closest cache and directions to it. The Cingular Wireless card is for surfing the internet to make sure the cache has not been Archived since the quiry was sent. GSAK also has an Offline browser to check the hints and the past logs.The Ipaq is used the same way the Laptop is used when the laptop is just too heavy to carry the Ipaq does all the same things for caching taht the laptop can do.

If there are any questions anyone can feel free to contact me and if you are close enough I can show everyone how do use all the same stuff I use. If your not close enough maybe on a weekend I can go to where you are and do a Question and Answer with a hands on and do some caching wihile I'm there. Feel free to call me at 479-461-9295

Rusty_da_dog
06-30-2004, 07:07 PM
And to think all I take with me is my trade items, and my GPSr. Oh and a print out of the cache page. I must be doing something wrong either that or I am just not that high tech :lol:

nonnipoppy
06-30-2004, 07:34 PM

Here is how I use it:

I get the Pocket Quiries for the area I'm visiting then I take it into GSAK. GSAK sorts the found caches out

Gunnar,
Why do you do it this way? The PQ will filter founds out before you get the file. I use GSAK but I filter out the areas that I do not need the caches. RE if I am going to Dallas I do not need the caches in western Ok.

Also do you use MapSource on the Garmin? WE use a GPSMAP 60Cs. Garmin City select will do the auto routing. Show where the caches are D/L the caches to the GPSr. Just wondered why the DeLorme.

BTW I am not challenging just comparing to what I do....poppy

topkitty98
06-30-2004, 08:26 PM
:oops:
I am such a sad cacher, I use a garmin emap gps and half the time, I hit the wrong buttons and all I know is a general direction and how far away!

Where do you get these things? On line or ?

Signed, the way pitiful
topkitty
>^,,^<

arkansas_stickerdude
06-30-2004, 11:13 PM

Here is how I use it:

I get the Pocket Quiries for the area I'm visiting then I take it into GSAK. GSAK sorts the found caches out

Gunnar,
Why do you do it this way? The PQ will filter founds out before you get the file. I use GSAK but I filter out the areas that I do not need the caches. RE if I am going to Dallas I do not need the caches in western Ok.

Also do you use MapSource on the Garmin? WE use a GPSMAP 60Cs. Garmin City select will do the auto routing. Show where the caches are D/L the caches to the GPSr. Just wondered why the DeLorme.

BTW I am not challenging just comparing to what I do....poppy

I use Delorme because I had it before I got my 60c and I have not bought the City Select. Delorme zooms within a hundred feet per half-inch and has ALL the United States in it not just a certain sections. I also use the MapSource for caches in the area that I'm in to send to my 60c. MapQuest is very vauge on streets.

arkansas_stickerdude
06-30-2004, 11:19 PM
:oops:
I am such a sad cacher, I use a garmin emap gps and half the time, I hit the wrong buttons and all I know is a general direction and how far away!

Where do you get these things? On line or ?

Signed, the way pitiful
topkitty
>^,,^<

Topkitty or anyone can call me anytime at 479-841-7634 and I can tell you where to get everything.

GEO
07-01-2004, 08:23 AM
Looks like it is time for arkansas stickerdude and all those interested to put on a geocaching 101 or something to the like.
maybe
Arkansas 101 Geocaching Hi-Tech. :wink:

topkitty98
07-01-2004, 02:34 PM
There you go! That sounds really good!

Maybe a fall meet and greet with Geocaching 101A-Z Hi Tech

topkitty >^..^<

lukywest
07-01-2004, 02:45 PM
After going out with Stickerdude last weekend that laptop was the best thing about the trip. I ordered a laptop off of ebay lastnight and I went out and bought Delarme for the laptop cause it has the nice little gpsr for it plug into the laptop. Since I own a Magallen it would really bad to swap back and forth on the cable since the have a horrible design on the attachment. So I can use the laptop to get into the area or parking lot then grab my handheld gpsr to fine tune the last few feet. Thanks stickerdude. Saves a lot of time and gas trying to figure if your close and miss a road and have to go back.

Phantom_491
07-02-2004, 08:51 AM
I had planned to do some caching up there on Monday (5 July), but my new cache-mobile is being delivered then. I guess I'll just have to shorten the trip and catch some of the Conway caches instead.

idratherbehiking
07-03-2004, 12:21 AM
I finally made it back to Clarksville on Sunday to do a little caching. I found 6 cahes and 3 benchmarks while there. I also finally figured out "What a Twisted Mind" but when I found it the cache was not there. When I got home I noticed that it had been archived. Oh well, I guess I should have gone and gotten it sooner.

Phantom_491
07-05-2004, 09:41 PM
I had planned to do some caching up there on Monday (5 July), but my new cache-mobile is being delivered then. I guess I'll just have to shorten the trip and catch some of the Conway caches instead.

My new cache mobile (White JEEP Cherokee) arrived a day early (On the 4th if you can believe that!), Didn't cache Conway or Clarksville, but went to Petit Jean and did the Cedar Falls Cache. I will have to go back and get the others, since this trip wasn't a planned caching trip.