PDA

View Full Version : New Caches in the Conway Area?

Gaddiel
05-24-2004, 10:17 AM
We're thinking of several locations for some new caches in and around Conway. Eventually, there could be 6 or 7 new ones in the city limits. We're pretty excited about two of them. It looks like they will both be either multis or offsets, each with up to 12 stages!

Ok, I'll admit that my main reason for posting this is so that it will commit us to follow through and actually get the caches out there :). Anybody else wanna join us in our commitment? Any new caches in the works for any of you?

idratherbehiking
05-24-2004, 12:34 PM
I have about four in the works for Russellville right now and a couple of more for out on the trails. I currently have about twenty containers ready to go and just no time to put them out. Maybe now that the kids are out of school I will have some time to go if I can talk them into going with me. I haven't even been able to do much hiking this year.

edit typos

cachecrazies
05-27-2004, 06:35 PM
We're working on 2 right now. And replacing a 3rd one.

Unfortunately, the Arkansas Happy Cache has to be replaced due to weather (it washed away) but have it ready to set out.

One we will be maintaining, not setting. Hot Dogs off Trail (from Wisconsin) are setting a new cache in Pigeon Creek which we will be maintaining. We found it last weekend and they will be activating it shortly. It's a great 4 part multi that's really cool - we loved looking for it!

Our other new one is slated to be the "Caching Ladies Cache" with items specifically for lady cachers. Have most of the goodies in the can - just looking for the right place to hide it. Having trouble with finding a place with no poison ivy this year.

Rusty_da_dog
05-28-2004, 08:14 AM
I have one I am trying to get together, its going to be a little different from anything that we have around here at the present time. Course that is if I ever come up with the containers I need, or more importantly the time to get them out.

Phantom_491
06-06-2004, 04:06 PM
I have a couple that I am working on. I also have a couple more that I am considering.

One will be placed in/around the area that the now MIA 'Droog Hotel' used to be. I have to scout out the park, then talk to the Jacksonville parks authority to see if I need permission or anything.

I am also planning an offset cache with at least six locations to find before the final cache in LR.

If you get the chance come to Jacksonville and visit my newest cache 'Phantom's Haunt' (GCJF3B). It's located next to my driveway. If you're lucky I might be home. Look for my blue cachemobile.

GEO
06-06-2004, 04:16 PM
I will get that way soon.
I think I got that problem fixed as well sorry for all the messages.

Bebopishere
06-06-2004, 07:38 PM
Hey phantom, I am thinking of placing a new cache in Dupree park, maybe a night only cache to keep the muggles out of it, they trashed my last one there ( Stumpy's Point) so bad I archived it. Would you like to combine on one let me know! Maybe we can get a geocahers dinner together with some locals and come up with a bang up cache, one that will make people want to drive to be the first one there.

Phantom_491
06-28-2004, 02:02 PM
Sounds good to me! I have a little Something that will help with the night cache!! :wink: :wink:

Hey phantom, I am thinking of placing a new cache in Dupree park, maybe a night only cache to keep the muggles out of it, they trashed my last one there ( Stumpy's Point) so bad I archived it. Would you like to combine on one let me know! Maybe we can get a geocahers dinner together with some locals and come up with a bang up cache, one that will make people want to drive to be the first one there.

Phantom_491
06-28-2004, 02:09 PM
If you get the chance come to Jacksonville and visit my newest cache 'Phantom's Haunt' (GCJF3B). It's located next to my driveway. If you're lucky I might be home. Look for my blue cachemobile.

I just wanted to let everyone know that the Blue Cachemobile is currently at a collision shop waiting for the adjuster to come look at it and give final rites. I was in an accident on Tuesday (June 22) afternoon (4:30ish PM). I am ok (a little banged up), but I have a feeling my blue cachemobile won't be seeing the road again.

Hopefully I can get a replacement cachemobile soon so I can proceed to my next goal 200 caches before Labor Day!

Gaddiel
07-22-2004, 10:55 AM
The Gatling Bowl (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=9ddb2464-aa7f-4155-97ea-753d357f5466) is now ready for play. If you look for this one, Team Rock Hound and I need some feedback. Since this is sort of a new concept, we'd like to know if you enjoyed it, suggestions for improvement, creative critisisms, etc... Let 'er rip!

Team Rock Hound really put some work into this one and should be credited for the idea and implementation. Hope you enjoy it!

Phantom_491
07-22-2004, 11:18 AM
The Gatling Bowl (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=9ddb2464-aa7f-4155-97ea-753d357f5466) is now ready for play. If you look for this one, Team Rock Hound and I need some feedback. Since this is sort of a new concept, we'd like to know if you enjoyed it, suggestions for improvement, creative critisisms, etc... Let 'er rip!

Team Rock Hound really put some work into this one and should be credited for the idea and implementation. Hope you enjoy it!

My team is in the locker room waitng for the coach to lay out the plan of attack, and the band is warming up for the Star Spangled Banner. Play Ball!!

rock_hound
07-22-2004, 12:47 PM
My team is in the locker room waitng for the coach to lay out the plan of attack, and the band is warming up for the Star Spangled Banner. Play Ball!!

Phantom_491 takes the field and the crowd goes wild. But the crowd falls dead silent as Phantom looks around confused. Will they find the cache before woodwalker9? Ah yes Phantom completes a short pass for a 1st down. But no here comes woodwalker9 with a sneeky handoff...............

Phantom_491
07-22-2004, 01:08 PM
Phantom_491 takes the field and the crowd goes wild. But the crowd falls dead silent as Phantom looks around confused. Will they find the cache before woodwalker9? Ah yes Phantom completes a short pass for a 1st down. But no here comes woodwalker9 with a sneeky handoff...............

****Whistle**** Ref "Delay of Game! Offense - 10 cache penalty Still 2nd down!"

Actually I'm stuck at work. Was supposed to get off a little early , but that's not going to happen. :cry:

LadyEngineer
07-22-2004, 01:29 PM
Strider869 and I are looking in the Cabot area for some good places. Have come across some maybes but have to get permission. Have 2 cantainers ready and 2 that need contents. Working to solve this problem. We're also trying to find a few more so we have better knowledge on how to hide some. For some reason we seem to have difficulty locating some think out of the box ones. :oops: :)

arkansas_stickerdude
07-22-2004, 07:54 PM
well get this game back on I ready to come down to conway and find them all hahahahahahahahahaha

Rusty_da_dog
07-22-2004, 08:03 PM
I have been meaning to set a cache like this for some time. My only problem is W O R K!!! It seems I don't have alot of time to go caching, much less to place a new one. It is a cool idea though, I have done one like this before its kinda neat!!

Phantom_491
07-22-2004, 09:00 PM
The Game finally started after a delay due to Technical Difficulties (Work). Team Phantom (Phantom 491, & son Squirrel 21309) Took the field. Quickly getting a 1st down. Headed to the next goal on the field, Oh No It's blocked by a couple Muggles. Quick thinking and a change of plays by Phantom and they score the next mark. Squirrel Checks the field, Yes It's wide open. Phantom throws the bomb, and Squirrel catches it. Off to the next down marker. Phantom & Squirrel both go out of bounds, and then Phantom calls a time out. After talking strategy, Phantom calls time in and quickly scores another one. After a quick pit stop at the team bus, Play is resumed. Phantoom can see the goal line, but wants to try another play 1st. Incomplete pass. Phantom quickly recovers and goes with the play he originally wanted to go with before the pit stop. After almost goining out of bounds again, Phantom quickly spies a weakness in the Defense and passes the ball off to Squirrel, who figures out how to exploit the weakness. TOUCHDOWN!!!!!

Great cache. FTF!! Enjoyed the hunt/ Too bad Muggles were swarming a couple other of the caches in the area. otherwise we'd of went 4 for 4 instead of 2 for 4. Thanks for the game.

Hey coach, can I go soak in the hot tub now?

topkitty98
07-25-2004, 11:37 PM
Wow, ya'll! We had not seen anything like this before! Very neat idea and I'm telling ya I've not seen an ammo can do THAT before! I love it!
We won't say how many downs it took mostly because we don't remember, but it was great. Such an awesomely gorgeous day for July - nice breeze, low temp.

Thanks for another good lesson in geocaching!

topkitty98, markrocks >^..^<
& calicomo, KidWho from Fulton, Mo