PDA

View Full Version : Geowoodstock XIII

arkfiremedic
05-29-2014, 11:40 PM
Looking at a possible trip to go to Geowoodstock XIII. Just messing around looking at caches in the area. If you love virtuals like I do you have to check out the Washington D.C. area. 30+ virtuals many with 200-400+ favorite points! WOW! That would be worth the trip by itself, not to mention I've never been there and would love to visit the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Who's in?

guwisti
05-30-2014, 09:35 AM
Chris and I are definitely looking at flying out there. I LOVE Virtuals! AND I've never been to D.C. either. Plus if you rent a car there's the chance of picking up 7 nearby states as well if you do a big loop. Plus all the battlefields near there.

Flyfishingcachers
05-30-2014, 06:16 PM
Washington DC area is a great place to visit. However you will definitely need some time set aside. The memorials are unbelievable!! The history around the area is fantastic. We could easily spend two weeks plus there not even counting doing any caching. We are hoping to make the trip.

MathSeeker
05-30-2014, 06:19 PM
We are planning on going. We have done a little caching in DC. Looking forward to more!

likestocanoe
05-30-2014, 08:38 PM
We sure hope to make it...

arkfiremedic
05-30-2014, 08:47 PM
I know it's a long way away but other than Gwisti who spoke of flying is anyone else considering driving or flying?

KSDS97
05-30-2014, 09:39 PM
Way to soon to know if I am going for sure. But I have been to DC and toured many of the memorials but they have added some new ones. Tomb of the Unknowns is a must see, just stand there and watch for awhile and I am sure there will be a tear in your eye. I hope to make it.

SJClimber
05-31-2014, 08:32 PM
Way too far for me to drive, so flying is my only option. (Trains, though fun, aren't cheap and don't follow their schedules anymore). Will wait a bit before making any plans..

cfd29
06-14-2014, 01:32 PM
We are driving, already have our route planned and reservations made, we have been to DC before, the virtuals are awesome and some of them take you to little hidden historical places along the Mall that you would miss if not for the virtuals, but I could spend a week in the Air and Space Museum alone!!!

Clark~Griswold
02-20-2015, 11:50 AM
Digging this old thread up to see who still plans on going. I'm thinking of flying up and catching some Oriole games before and after.

MathSeeker
02-20-2015, 09:26 PM
We registered for GeoWoodstock XIII. We are planning on driving.