PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to geowoodstock?

Cpdenton
05-14-2014, 08:24 PM
Just curious who all is going and where you are staying if you care to share that.

we are at 370 lakeside park in St. Peter's from Tuesday through Monday.

looking forward to it. Our first GWS.

arkfiremedic
05-14-2014, 08:58 PM
Wednesday thru Sunday at 370 RV Park in the ArkGeo section tent camping. Going to Cardinals game Thursday night!

Flyfishingcachers
05-14-2014, 09:18 PM
Friday thru Sunday, Country Suites.

SJClimber
05-14-2014, 09:47 PM
At Lakeside with you, Ron White and L2C. Arriving Wednesday PM from Hannibal, MO, off to Springfield, MO Monday AM..

ronwhite
05-15-2014, 06:52 AM
Wednesday through Sunday, for us at 370 Lakeside Park

guwisti
05-15-2014, 07:49 AM
Chris and I are heading up Thursday morning super early and coming back on Route 66 Monday. Staying at Wingate in Maryland Heights. Plan on hitting the Brewery tour - Thursday, Zoo and World's Fair grounds - Friday, Cahokia Mounds ( a world heritage site), Arch, and Cardinals museum - Sunday.

Chris' (Pizzaboy2600) birthday is that Saturday, May 24th. So if you see him please wish him a very happy birthday. I'm a bit more addicted to this game than he is and I think it's super awesome of him to let us spend his birthday at Geowoodstock. :D

Flyfishingcachers
05-15-2014, 08:18 AM
Guess everyone knows there is a chance of getting 12 different icons Saturday.

guwisti
05-15-2014, 08:21 AM
Are you counting Labcaches in that? I had 11, but hadn't thought of Labcaches. :D I probably won't get all 12, but it is super cool!

Flyfishingcachers
05-15-2014, 08:25 AM
No, wasn't counting them.

Mega Event, Regular Event, Flash Mob, Traditional, Multi, Puzzle, Earth, Virtual, Letter, Web-cam (last I checked wasn't working, they are working on alternate), Whereigo, Cito

guwisti
05-15-2014, 08:29 AM
Flashmobs don't have their own icon. but at least we know that even though that brings the list to 11, Lab caches bump it back up to 12! :D

Flyfishingcachers
05-15-2014, 08:39 AM
I don't know then, didn't think about that. This is on their fb page:

"At Geowoodstock XII you'll have the chance to find 12 different types of caches in one day. That will look great on your stats page!"

I don't know anything about lab caches. Guess I better do some reading.

guwisti
05-15-2014, 08:41 AM
That's the 12th one then. They said they'll be some lab caches there, but I need to do some more research before we leave next week. I've only done the Valentine's lab cache, haven't done one at an event yet. :D

Buckshot/MamaLlama
05-15-2014, 11:41 AM
Half us are heading out Thursday early with plans to catch the Cards vs. Diamondbacks that night. The other half will come up with backcountrytrack on Friday. We will be hoteling it at Drury Plaza after the game and then the Red Roof Inn Friday and Saturday.

Savoy
05-18-2014, 03:05 PM
Well, I am planning on dashing out for this - thats as much planning as I can do, going to have to make it up on the fly... leaving in the jeep Friday as soon as I can get off work, and will be headed out right after - planning on being back in LR Sunday afternoonish.

I wasn't going to be able to make it, but my commitment for the weekend change... so now I'm free to go!! Nothing like last minute planning.

Hope to see you all there at some point!

Savoy
05-18-2014, 03:23 PM
Well, I am planning on dashing out for this - thats as much planning as I can do, going to have to make it up on the fly... leaving in the jeep Friday as soon as I can get off work, and will be headed out right after - planning on being back in LR Sunday afternoonish.

I wasn't going to be able to make it, but my commitment for the weekend change... so now I'm free to go!! Nothing like last minute planning.

Hope to see you all there at some point!

Looks like Mezzo and I will be at the Red Roof Inn Friday (late) and Saturday nights... we'll be headed back to the Rock Sunday early.

sayitagain
05-19-2014, 08:50 PM
My wife and I are coming up to Jerseyville, Ill. after she gets off work Friday. Her Mom is in a nursing home there so will be a quick Memorial Day weekend trip to see her Mom and some of her family. I will only be able to come on Saturday but at least I will be able to say I've been to GeoWoodstock. I'll be bringing my Brother In Law along with me. This area is where I first got into geocaching 10 years ago. Unfortunatly another Brother In Law The Dizzy Bee who first got us into this great game has previous coaching commitments for his kids sports teams and will not be able to join us.

KSDS97
05-19-2014, 09:43 PM
Kim and I are headed up Friday Morning and will be coming back early Sunday

MathSeeker
05-20-2014, 08:24 PM
Pat and I will be in the area on Friday.

The ArkGeo group could all get together to take a picture after the GeoWoodstock event group picture. The following is the schedule for that picture. Pat and I are scheduled to volunteer at donations from 9:00 - 11:00. If we can slip away for a picture, we will.

9:45 am – 9:55 am

Assemble for Group Picture

Bishop’s Landing

N 38 46.460
W 090 28.890

10:00 am

Group Picture

Bishop’s Landing

N 38 46.460
W 090 28.890

Flyfishingcachers
05-20-2014, 08:40 PM
Sounds good

Buckshot/MamaLlama
05-21-2014, 08:56 AM
We will try to be there for it.

Savoy
05-21-2014, 09:25 PM
Sounds like a GREAT idea... i'll be there. Turns out Mezzo has to stay home (do GeoPups allowed in this part), but I think Ms. Savoy is going to come along and check this out!
See u there!

arkfiremedic
05-26-2014, 03:17 PM
Hope everyone makes it home safely from GWSXII. I was really, really surprised at the turnout for Arkansas Cachers at the main event Saturday. Good Job Arkansas Geocachers! Hope to see you all in a couple weeks up at Fort Smith. P.S. I would love to go to Maryland next year for GWSXIII, anyone else?

T'nH
05-27-2014, 06:40 PM
Nice to meet some more of you Saturday! Just don't give a quiz if we see you again in a couple of weeks and I need a refresher! :)