PDA

View Full Version : My 1st Goodies !!!

Hopalong2k
02-06-2014, 02:35 PM
I feel like a little kid, todays mail brought me my 1st package of goodies !!!
Nothing special I guess but my 1st, 2 plastic cache containers, one magnetic receptical cover, one of those hollowed out bolts, a handfull of little tube log only holders, some differant size ziplock baggies and a sticker or two to mark something as an offical GEOcache container ! YaHoo !!! LOL :D
I've had so much fun since the week b4 Christmas I can hardly contain myself, cold weather, wet weather, rain and snow.
Is it normal to get a little grouchy if I can't go out every day? :p

ronwhite
02-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Welcome to the world of geocaching. It is a great sport!! BTW, where are you from - cause you may kill me with all those new containers! Ha! Again, Welcome!!!
I feel like a little kid, todays mail brought me my 1st package of goodies !!!
Nothing special I guess but my 1st, 2 plastic cache containers, one magnetic receptical cover, one of those hollowed out bolts, a handfull of little tube log only holders, some differant size ziplock baggies and a sticker or two to mark something as an offical GEOcache container ! YaHoo !!! LOL :D
I've had so much fun since the week b4 Christmas I can hardly contain myself, cold weather, wet weather, rain and snow.
Is it normal to get a little grouchy if I can't go out every day? :p

Hopalong2k
02-06-2014, 03:53 PM
I'm here in Russellville (Arkansas)
Not to worry about me, I do have several planed out though :cool:
Since my 1st M-n-G 1/1/2014, I've been going through all my boxes of STUFF and digging out SWAG ! ( didn't even know what that was a month and a half ago :) )
Been keeping an eye out for containers and picking out possible locations as I'm caching. ( too bad I have to keep distance between caches :( )
I went out yesterday in the cold and dug thru some left over ice from a small snow earlier this week, it'll be a wonder if I don't catch cold :D
Can't wait till some slightly warmer weather but not warm enuf for the bugs and stuff.

kcackler
02-06-2014, 04:52 PM
There are some great caches here in Russellville. Night Gallery, the Starlight series, Ghosts of Spanish Conquistadors, It's All About the Numbers, another night cache out at Delaware park (I don't recall the name of it right now). You're in a great place for caching :)

Hopalong2k
02-06-2014, 09:23 PM
I've got a good start, a 152 in 42 days, found a cache te other at what I've called Ouita Park that's way up in a tree, I'll need to take a ladder to get to the 1st limb, can't climb trees like I use to since a stroke 8 years ago.
Some of the puzzle games I've tried are warping my brain trying to solve them. "Transmission Intercepted" is one I'm fixing to put aside for a little while LOL.

floaten
02-08-2014, 07:25 AM
Solving puzzles can be addicting. I've beat my head against the wall a lot lately. After you figure them out (sometimes with help) its a great feeling.

likestocanoe
02-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Welcome to our addiction.... If it is not too late - run and run FAST!!!! LOL

thefab5willisclan
02-09-2014, 08:26 AM
Welcome! You should attend a meeting. It is a great way to meet new Cachers. (And maybe get a few phone numbers, they can come in handy!)

Hopalong2k
02-09-2014, 10:16 PM
I went to the MNG on 1/1/14. You guys have more ? How do I find about them, would like to come !

kcackler
02-10-2014, 09:03 AM
The events are listed on http://www.geocaching.com/calendar/ though the interface is pretty poor for finding local events.

arkfiremedic
02-10-2014, 11:47 AM
I usually go here for all Arkansas Events:

www.geocaching.com

Play Tab to Hide and Seek a Cache

Find a geocache by State/Province

Click Arkansas

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?state_id=4

kcackler
02-10-2014, 11:33 PM
Wow. Soooo much better than my method. Glad you posted this!

OldRiverRunner
02-11-2014, 12:55 PM
My approach is to go to the "Your Profile" page (which is my default page when I log in; perhaps yours, too). On that page, on the right side, under Search Options is a link for List Newest in Arkansas. Clicking on that takes one to a list of all active caches in Arkansas, in order of the newest "Placed Dates" to the oldest (Gorilla Stash). The "newest" will always be events/CITOs within the state which have not yet occurred. Basically, a different way of getting to the same list that AFM's approach gets you to. I would say choose whichever way is easier for you.