PDA

View Full Version : Just Recently Moved To Cabot

floaten
10-28-2013, 02:29 PM
I moved from Illinois to the Little Rock area in January 2013. I'm not a full fledged Yankee so be nice. I'm originally from Seattle, Wash. LOL. Wife and kids (Boys 4 & 6yrs) moved down in May so the boys could finish out the school year. I worked from Caterpillar in Illinois and took a job at the Caterpillar plant here in North Little Rock. I've had several friends from Arkansas while serving 21 years in the army. They had nothing but good to say. I've always thought it would be a good place to live so we went ahead and made the move. We are happy we did. We chose Cabot as our home.

I have been Geocaching since 2005. My numbers wouldn't reflect that but I have been slowly plugging away over the years. Boys are just now getting old enough to get interested. I have never placed a cache due to my constant moving while being in the military although I have three ideas for caches I would like to place. Gathering materials and writing the description as we speak.

I have never joined an association in the past. My time schedule is pretty tight so I don't have many opportunities to do much outside the family, church and work. Having said that it would be nice to meet up with some of the local cachers.

I was informed about this association by Kent Uhrich. Thanks

thefab5willisclan
10-29-2013, 06:46 PM
Welcome to the area! Glad you are with us. And we hope you can make it to the November meet and greet.

Flyfishingcachers
10-30-2013, 07:28 AM
Welcome to Arkansas. There are plenty of caches around the state to keep you busy!!

arkfiremedic
10-30-2013, 05:02 PM
Welcome to the state and ArkGeo!

floaten
10-31-2013, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the welcome. Already trying to round them up.

likestocanoe
11-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Welcome to Arkansas and to ArkGeo. We are pleased to have you here and hope to meet you soon along the caching trail or at a geocaching event. Give us a shout if you need anything.

floaten
11-05-2013, 02:28 PM
Welcome to Arkansas and to ArkGeo. We are pleased to have you here and hope to meet you soon along the caching trail or at a geocaching event. Give us a shout if you need anything.

Thanks. I appreciate that.

sayitagain
11-06-2013, 05:37 AM
Welcome to Arkansas. Where in Illionois were you? My wife is from Jerseyville so I have found a lot of caches around Alton, St Louis and St. Charles. In fact thats where I first started geocaching. Hoping I will be able to make my first Geo Woodstock this year in St Charles.

floaten
11-06-2013, 11:16 AM
I worked for Caterpiller in Decatur,IL. My wife is actually from a small town about 20 miles South called Moweaqua, IL. She has family that lives around Troy and Collinsville. Alton is ringing a bell. I went to a week long bike camp in the Pere Marquette State Park. Awesome area. I wasn't able to do any geocaching because it was a church led event and there was not much free time.

Thanks for the welcome