PDA

View Full Version : Caches in National Forest

cfd29
10-06-2013, 07:05 PM
I have just temp disabled the caches I have in the National Forest, as stupid as it sounds they are closed because of the Gov shut down, was advised by one person they were turned around to told to get out by Forest service enforcement, don't want to get anyone in trouble trying to find these caches until this craziness comes to an end...

SJClimber
10-07-2013, 06:03 PM
Man, the enforcement folks were in the field?? This "shutdown" is truly crazy. Your actions are admirable given the feedback..

likestocanoe
10-08-2013, 05:21 AM
Thanks, Clark, but in our area you can still use the Forest Service land just not some of the camp grounds. Some of the day use areas are still open and you are free to hike, bike, and hunt on Forest Service property.

T'nH
10-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Thanks, Clark, but in our area you can still use the Forest Service land just not some of the camp grounds. Some of the day use areas are still open and you are free to hike, bike, and hunt on Forest Service property.

Glad your area is open. My husband went up to the National Wildlife Refuge in Bald Knob this weekend to look at birds. He wasn't surprised that the office was closed (once he remembered it was "federal land"), but the roads blocked further in-----uh, it's not like anyone is ever there staffing/patrolling the place? It's just roads that some use to watch birds (and I think there is some hunting allowed at certain times of year).

jclaudii
10-11-2013, 01:32 PM
LOL...that is just crazy!

I still love how they have money to enforce stuff :)

cfd29
10-21-2013, 07:45 AM
Back open for business, finally!!!!