PDA

View Full Version : GeoWoodstock XII

RGS
05-25-2013, 07:51 PM
Not sure if the news made it down there yet, But next year (2014), Woodstock will be held in St. Louis over Memorial Day weekend. Hope to see our Arkansas friends here. See http://coord.info/GC4BGXM for the details. RGS-St.Louis

arkfiremedic
05-25-2013, 09:01 PM
I'll be there along with my caching daughter!

thefab5willisclan
05-27-2013, 07:30 AM
Wow! Thats close. We might be able to make that one!

likestocanoe
05-28-2013, 11:12 AM
Already told L2C1 that we are going.....

rklmbl
05-30-2013, 04:32 AM
Made our reservations yesterday.

sayitagain
05-30-2013, 08:48 PM
My wife is from Jerseyville, Illinois which is only about 40 miles from St. Charles. Looks like we might be able to make this one.

arkfiremedic
05-30-2013, 09:45 PM
Anybody planning on camping other than likestocanoe? And likestocanoe where are you camping? Would love to have a group camping in the same park before they all fill up. I'm sure it won't be long...

ronwhite
05-31-2013, 07:18 PM
Yep, I'd like to know, too!! Mona and I are planning on pulling the camper up there - somewhere!

Cpdenton
06-01-2013, 03:00 PM
We're in on the camping. Lets find a place to all go together. That would be a lot of fun.

Cpdenton
06-01-2013, 03:38 PM
http://www.sundermeierrvpark.com/

This place looks closest, or we could stay a little farther away at west St. Louis koa.

arkfiremedic
06-01-2013, 07:13 PM
That looks like a good place. How far in advance do they do reservations?

ronwhite
06-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Looked at the sundermeier rv park's rates - they are kind of steep (53.00 per night). Wonder what the KOA is?? Or have y'all settled on Sundermeier? Anyone heard from Jim or Sandy?

likestocanoe
06-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Looks good. Veil show to Jimmy. What you think, guys?

Cpdenton
06-01-2013, 08:39 PM
I personally hav had better luck at koa campgrounds, BUT I do see that there are two in the area, and both are about 20-30 minutes away from the site...

that said. Sundermeier doesn't appear to have a tree in site...

Lets have a look at these..

http://koa.com/campgrounds/st-louis-west/

http://koa.com/campgrounds/st-louis-ne/

they both look to be around 45 a night. Tried to look for a state park, but nothing close had camping.

Cpdenton
06-02-2013, 06:34 AM
The more I look at it, sundermeier looks like the place. I can't get their reservation thing to work that far ahead though. I might call later.

ronwhite
06-03-2013, 08:05 AM
Here is another one at St. Peters which is about 7 or 8 miles from St. Charles. Let me know what y'all are wanting to do!
RV Camping at St. Peters' 370 Lakeside Park
Campground FeesCheck in 2 p.m. Check out time is noon.

Type
Apr-Oct
Nov-Mar2
Monthly
Nov-March3

RV Site1
Standard Pull Through
$40
$35
$810

RV Site1
Standard Back In

$35
$30
$690

RV Site1
Premium Pull Through

$45
$40
$930

RV Site1
Premium Back In

$40
$35
$810

Located on 140-acre lake near popular destinations 30 minutes west of St. Louis.
Guests of the RV park receive free boat launch and St. Peters resident rates for fishing.
50 gravel full-service RV sites.
RV Sites: rotomill (gravel) is 15' wide with a minimum of 15' of grass area next to the rotomill. Pull through drives are 65’ long.
Pull-through (35' X 71' minimum) and back-in (35' X 61' minimum) pads with up to 50 amp service.
Picnic tables on concrete pads, and fire rings.
Clean comfort station with restrooms, showers and laundry.

Primitive tent sites available. (http://arkgeocaching.org/#primitive)
Pets welcome. Must be leashed.
Paved roads.
Convenience store at RV/Ranger check-in station.
Stay 6 consecutive nights and the 7th night is FREE!

Free Wi-Fi.
Pets welcome.

Patrolled by park rangers year round.
4.5-mile pedestrian/bike trail around lake.
Sand Volleyball. Play area. Marina. Paved roadways.
Fishing and boating at the lake.* Learn more about 370 Lakeside Park (http://www.stpetersmo.net/lakeside-park.aspx).

RENTALS AVAILABLE: Bicycles, tandem bicycles, and watercraft (kayaks, canoes, paddle boats and sea cycles).

Guests of the RV Park receive St. Peters resident rates at the St. Peters Rec-Plex (http://arkgeocaching.org/rec-plex-facilities.aspx) recreation center with indoor pool, cardio/weight room and ice skating (http://arkgeocaching.org/rec-plex-facilities.aspx) as well as resident rates at St. Peters Golf Course (http://arkgeocaching.org/st-peters-golf-course.aspx).
Call for more information at 636.387.LAKE (5253).
PLANNED FUTURE ADDITIONS: Horseshoe pits, corporate pavilion, archery range, dog park and more.

arkfiremedic
06-03-2013, 08:50 PM
I'm just doing primative tent site and I see these listed here. I would be good to stay here and would like to meet up and stay with others. I have a friend from Louisiana who is also monitoring this thread and she wants to camp as well. Just let me know if everyone would be good and we can start making reservations.

Steal Your Cache
06-04-2013, 06:06 PM
i will want to drag the camper as well, will follow the thread and do some research as well.

ronwhite
06-06-2013, 06:56 PM
I talked to the folks at St. Peters 370 RV Park and the lady told me if we could get 4 RV campers then we could get a group discount that would put the rate at about $30.00 and some change. Also, the RV sites are allowed 1 tent at the RV site at no charge. Justin, you;re welcome to tent camp at my spot if this thing works out. We'll just have to figure out something for your Louisiana friend.

arkfiremedic
06-06-2013, 08:56 PM
I'm in Ron! I'll gladly split the cost with you as I was prepared to pay full price for the tent. Did they advise how far out they did reservations? I'll be willing to sign up now and pay to get the group discounts. I'll let my friend know. She has a camper, but I'm not sure if she is bringing it or not. Thanks guys! I'll be monitoring this thread until I hear back from you.

P.S. I had a blast in Louisville going up several days early. Would anyone be interested in going up early and hitting the caching trail?

idratherbehiking
06-06-2013, 08:59 PM
I'll be tent camping too if anyone wouldn't mind another neighbor.

cfd29
06-09-2013, 11:25 AM
We already have the date reserved on the calendar, reservations already made, ready to go, that will be a close one, 2015 is liable to be way off, never know!!

Cpdenton
06-09-2013, 07:33 PM
I am going to call tomorrow and see if we can get some sort of group thing going hre at 370 lakeside park. This looks nice Ron. Close and it seems nice. Camper and tent camping. They have an area with a bonfire ring, also. Maybe a cookout hot dog roast? I am already ready to go. I am thinking we will go up on Wednesday and stay until Monday.

I will let everyone know what they say.

Steal Your Cache
06-10-2013, 08:32 AM
let me know where everyone starts booking as OWC and i will be pulling a camper as well.

ronwhite
06-14-2013, 06:36 PM
Will Start the process of seeing what needs to be done to book the group rate at St. Peter's 713 RV Park for the 2014 Geowoodstock. We've got 4 for sures and another maybe. Will let everyone know more info next week. If anyone else wants in on the RV group rate, you can post it here!

arkfiremedic
06-16-2013, 03:29 PM
I am going to call tomorrow ... I will let everyone know what they say.Did you have a chance to contact them? Just curious.

ronwhite
06-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Finally not traveling this week. Called 370 Lakeside RV Park in St. Peters, Mo, this morning. Evidently the lady I need to speak to is Jeanette Turnbow (she is in charge of the Park and Recreation Dept. in St. Peters). She was not in so I left a pretty detailed message for a return call. Will try again in the morning. Her # in case someone else wants to make the first move is 636-477-6600, Ext. 1402. So for the definates for an RV space are Chris Denton, Sandy and Jim Fryar, Michael Goff, and myself. Zeke and George out of Hot Springs are a maybe. Once we nail down the details I'll post them here 1st. I know several of us have different lengths of time that we'll be there, but believe that can be taken care of at registration time. Once we have more info, we probably need to put this out on the facebook page. Thoughts????

Spice
06-18-2013, 02:57 PM
Just made our room reservations at Country Inn and Suites located near GeoWoodStock XII!

Flyfishingcachers
06-19-2013, 12:13 PM
Just made our room reservations at Country Inn and Suites located near GeoWoodStock XII!

What hotel is everyone else staying in for those of us who are not camping?

ronwhite
06-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Finally got a call back from Jeanette Turnbow about the 370 Lakeside RV Park. The reason we're having trouble contacting them is that they are cleaning up the Park after they were flooded by the Mississippi River. So at this point reservations can wait a week or two, but she stated she really wants us there. I think the discount is 14% for a group rate. What I'm going to do is reserve spots 216, 218, 220, 222, 224, 225, and 226, if I can. That would put us all in the same line backing up to the tent camping area. From the message she left we could do that for right now and not have to make a down payment at the current time. Hoping to get a little more info tomorrow!

arkfiremedic
06-19-2013, 03:56 PM
Sounds great Ron! Looking forward to it for sure! Just let us know when we need to pay.

Cpdenton
06-19-2013, 09:57 PM
Thanks for looking in to this Ron. My mom has been in and out of hospitals the last week, so it has been a crazy week. We are in for sure.

rklmbl
06-20-2013, 04:39 AM
We made our reservations at the Embassy Suites near the event site. They said on the cache page that it would be the HQ hotel for the event.

Steal Your Cache
06-20-2013, 10:23 AM
Ron, LMK what i need to do to have a camper spot.

ronwhite
06-20-2013, 02:20 PM
OK, here is the latest scoop after talking to Jeanette Turnbaugh at the 370 Lakeside RV Park today. She let me reserve spots 216, 218, 220, 222, 224, 225, and 226 and we have them to fill until March 31, 2014. At that time all spots will have to have a deposit made on them or loose them. I really think she wants a deposit at the time of making the reservation. The discount is 14% for a group rate, which consists of having at least 4 campers staying a minimum of 3 nights. Just for information I reserved RV spot 225 for myself. You can go to this website to see a map of the campground: http://www.stpetersmo.net/Parks/370LakesideRVSite%20Map-FINAL-color.pdf
When making a reservation give them the name Arkansas Geocachers Association or Ron White. I'll put this out on the facebook account sometime next week after the 4 folks (including me) has a chance to make their reservations that were interested in doing this in the first place (Likestocanoe, Steal Your Cache, CpDenton). That's all for right now - holler at me if you have any questions.

arkfiremedic
06-20-2013, 11:23 PM
Just for information I reserved RV spot 225 for myself. Ron is your offer to split this site still agreeable to you? What days exactly are you planning on staying? I'll gladly spit the cost with you if you will just let me know what that is. Thank you for checking on this and taking care of it. 2ter is really excited about going and she hasn't been excited about caching in a couple years so I'm excited too!

ronwhite
06-21-2013, 06:46 AM
I forgot to post the phone number for Jeanette at 370 Lakeside RV Park, in the original message. Her number is (636) 477-6600, Ext. 1402. Hope this helps! Ron

ronwhite
06-21-2013, 06:51 AM
Justin: The offer is still there, but I don't expect you to pay anything! Right now, we're planning on pulling up on Wednesday, May 21st. Not sure yet, but will probably pull out on Sunday, May 25th. However, may stay over until Monday - just don't know right now. That extra day (Memorial Day) to relax when getting home would be pretty nice!

arkfiremedic
06-21-2013, 02:22 PM
Justin: The offer is still there, but I don't expect you to pay anything! Right now, we're planning on pulling up on Wednesday, May 21st. Not sure yet, but will probably pull out on Sunday, May 25th. However, may stay over until Monday - just don't know right now. That extra day (Memorial Day) to relax when getting home would be pretty nice!
Ron I appreciate the courtesy but I wouldn't feel right not paying my half. I will plan for those same days then as that sounds about what we had in mind. I'll get with you on further details later. Thanks for handling the arrangements.

likestocanoe
06-21-2013, 05:08 PM
FYI - the local Geocaching group is planning an event for that Sunday...

ronwhite
06-21-2013, 07:31 PM
Well then, Sandy, I guess we'll pull out on Monday. Don't wanna miss anything, especially an event within an event! :)

SJClimber
06-25-2013, 11:33 AM
Ron, still trying to workout logistics, but may make it to the venue with the AR "delegation." Many things to organize right now. Won't hurt to make the reservation and hold a site though.

Cpdenton
06-27-2013, 06:47 PM
I have some friends from Colorado that may make the trip. Anyone have a problem with them camping across from us, or joining in our sites?

ronwhite
06-28-2013, 07:13 AM
Not at all, bring'um on!!!

arkfiremedic
06-28-2013, 09:41 AM
More the merrier!

apache_scout
06-28-2013, 10:55 AM
We are "camping" at the Comfort Suites which I think is near the park. I would rather be in a tent, but Susan likes hotel camping better. We are however, looking forward to getting together with the other Arkansas folks.

ronwhite
07-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Just checking, I called 370 Lakeside RV Park in St. Peters, Mo a few minutes ago and it appears I'm the only one that has made reservations for the GeoWoodstock XII event. Has anyone else made them or just haven't got around to it yet. As I said I was just checking, I thought we would have had several make reservations!! Anyway, just wondering!

SJClimber
07-01-2013, 03:51 PM
"B" - Just haven't gotten around to it. Maybe by the end of the week?? Much to do...