PDA

View Full Version : Interesting find at local cache

demonicangel
03-10-2005, 08:40 PM
Angel and I were hunting around for a cache (I won't give away the name of the cache we were at though for safty reasons) and stumbled upon something we never imagined we would find. The cache was a multi and for the first stage we were looking for a container with the coords to the second stage. We ended up finding a marker and thought that might be the cache. Upon further inspection we found out it wasn't but continued on, found what we were looking for and went on to stage 2. My youngest son thought the marker was neat (as he likes to draw all over everything) so he took it with him. While we were at stage 2 we met up with another cacher and we were talking. Tanner was playing around with the marker and the other cacher noticed that it looked funny. After we got to inspecting it we found that it was a "pipe". You know the kind... those that they hide so the police don't realize what you have. I have a feeling that someone was in the area and was afraid that they were about to get caught with it and decided to discard it. Now I have a "pot pipe" and have no idea what to do with it. I don't want to throw it away cause if someone finds it they will think it's mine. LOL!!!
Anyone else found things they never expected when looking for a cache?

rock_hound
03-11-2005, 08:27 PM
I recently found a pill bottle of "weed" in the Flatside Pinnacle cache (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=860e7723-39f9-43e7-ab0a-efab6cafc884&log=y&decrypt=). See my log of Dec. 11, 2004. Maybe you can drop off the pipe there :wink:

demonicangel
03-11-2005, 08:50 PM
ROFL!!!
Now that's funny. Maybe I should... at least that would help me get rid of it before I get into trouble with it.
Or... maybe it was the same person who left the herbs that lost his pipe? Ever thought of that?

walkingshadow
03-12-2005, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the laugh. :lol:

walkingshadow and red

cachecrazies
03-12-2005, 05:25 PM
We found a couple of joints in Culp Cache. The guys that left them also left a log that was hilarious. They were spaced and drunk and found this area to hang out in. Found the cache while they were there and decided it was a great idea to "share"! We brought the joints home to dispose of - then decided how dumb that was! :roll: What if we'd been stopped on the way home? Next time we'll just destroy them at the scene!

demonicangel
03-12-2005, 07:15 PM
We found a couple of joints in Culp Cache. The guys that left them also left a log that was hilarious. They were spaced and drunk and found this area to hang out in. Found the cache while they were there and decided it was a great idea to "share"! We brought the joints home to dispose of - then decided how dumb that was! :roll: What if we'd been stopped on the way home? Next time we'll just destroy them at the scene!

LOL!!! Can you imagine the conversation you would have with the police trying to explain to them exactly how you found them and what you were doing with them.
I got to thinking the same thing when I was going home after my find. Now what will I do if the police stop us and find this. How on earth am I going to explain this to them?

BACKPACKNJACK
03-13-2005, 01:09 PM
"As best I recall" there were some leopard panties floating from cache to cache. There are lots of stories about odd things and odd post left by muggles and of course there are things like snakes being on/over the caches also but I can't remember finding anything in/on/near a cache that wasn't supposed to be there, not even the 'dreaded' 8O "Multi-Tool" :(

arkansas_stickerdude
03-13-2005, 09:13 PM
I'm with cachecrazies I found what was left of a joint in a cache I picked up because it was left for dead.

demonicangel
03-14-2005, 09:46 PM
I try to remove anything like that I find in or around caches. I know most of the time my kids cache alongt with us and stuff like that is just not something I want them to come across.

Team_LiquidCache
03-15-2005, 08:08 AM
Back in January we found a note in a cache from the Little Rock Bomb Squad!!! That was pretty interesting. They really liked the idea of caching, but were really worried about the location of the cache. We left the cache kind of out in the open, like the bomb squad left it, and emailed the cache owner right away.
That's really about it so far. Haven't cached in awhile due to work issues, but I'm sure the warmer weather will bring out some interesting stuff!!

mountainborn
06-01-2005, 11:53 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/mountainborn0/DSC00290.jpg[/img]

walkingshadow
06-01-2005, 06:32 PM
:) wow.... that is a really cool find!!!

walkingshadow

nonnipoppy
06-01-2005, 08:46 PM
What a neat find.

We have similar stories about the joints etc in a cache. Early in our caching career while seeking GCG8D7 in Colorado we found the cache had a joint and a pipe. We took both and never mentioned them in the log.

The cache log had an entry that said (made up names here cause I forgot the real ones) "Me and Sue climbed up here to get mellow. We found your stash. Thought you might like a smoke when you are up here."

It's been said that it takes all kinds but my father was fond of saying "It doesn't reaaly take all kinds we just have got all kinds."

poppy