PDA

View Full Version : LOR series to come

LOR
04-26-2013, 12:41 AM
LOR 000 Prologue

It all began with the forging of the Great Rings in a nearby Ozark Mountain. Three were given to the Elves; immortal, wisest and fairest of all beings. Seven, to the Dwarf Lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls. And nine, nine rings were gifted to the race of Men, who above all else desire power. Eleven were given to the Razorback football team, greatest sportsmen of all times. For within these rings was bound the strength and the will to govern over each race and sport.

But they were all of them deceived, for another ring was made. In the land of Mordor, in the fires of Mount Doom, the Dark Lord Sauron forged in secret, a master ring, to control all others. And into this ring he poured all his cruelty, his malice and his will to dominate all life. One ring to rule them all. One by one, the free peoples of Middle Earth fell to the power of the Ring. But there were some who resisted. A last alliance of men and elves marched against the armies of Mordor, and on the very slopes of Mount Doom, they fought for the freedom of Middle-Earth. Victory was near, but the power of the ring could not be undone. It was in this moment, when all hope had faded, that Isildur, son of the king, took up his father's sword. And Sauron, enemy of the free peoples of Middle-Earth, was defeated. The Ring passed to Isildur, who had this one chance to destroy evil forever, but the hearts of men are easily corrupted. And the ring of power has a will of its own. It betrayed Isildur, to his death. And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge. Until, when chance came, the ring ensnared a new bearer. The ring came to the creature Gollum, who took it deep into the tunnels under the Ozark Mountains, and there it consumed him. The ring gave to Gollum unnatural long life. For five hundred years it poisoned his mind; and in the gloom of Gollum's cave, it waited. Darkness crept back into the forests of the world. Rumor grew of a shadow in the East, whispers of a nameless fear, and the Ring of Power perceived. Its time had now come. It abandoned Gollum. But then something happened that the Ring did not intend. It was picked up by the most unlikely creature imaginable. An Arkansan Geocacher. It was look for hidden treasure under each rock all over the area. Happy to find a smiley it pick it up and set in motion what should have stayed at rest. For the time will soon come when Geocachers all over Arkansas will shape the fortunes of all...
There will be riddles!
There will be challenges!
There will be treasures!
There will be villains!
There will be evil!
Some will walk over graveyards.

Be aware …………….. ………….. 

thefab5willisclan
04-27-2013, 06:20 PM
Sounds very interesting!!! I can't wait. :twisted:

KSDS97
05-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Hummm, I think Mark George Jones Willis has found that ring and is hording it.

Steal Your Cache
05-02-2013, 08:21 AM
so what area are the caches going to be? have they been posted? my new cache range is limited.

LOR
05-02-2013, 08:50 AM
Hummm, I think Mark George Jones Willis has found that ring and is hording it.
We do not known yet what role of Mark George Jones and Willis will have to play.
Only the future will tell.

LOR
05-02-2013, 08:52 AM
"... From the highest mountain peak to the deepest dungeon .... "

Night_Hiker
05-04-2013, 08:03 PM
One Ring to the RULE them ALL. Sounds like theres a lot more thought put into this one than my LOR trilogy caches (no archived). Cant wait!

LOR
05-05-2013, 08:04 PM
One Ring to the RULE them ALL. Sounds like theres a lot more thought put into this one than my LOR trilogy caches (no archived). Cant wait!

If you know of the ring or it powers, we like to hear it, because we do not yet know what the future will bring.

the-snowlight
05-14-2013, 11:02 AM
LOR,
Congratulation to your first chances. I very much like puzzles I can solve(mostly with help of my kids) and even learn more about the LOTR!!

Savoy
06-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Go two of these today and yesterday (FTFs at that)... keep them coming!
I was actually watching FOTR when #29 and 30 came online. SO i took it as a sign to go get them :)

Razz007
06-16-2013, 05:28 PM
I've been solving the riddles one-by-one so that when they're all published, I can make one trip to the black land, and then head back to the Shire for a drink at the Green Dragon. (Ok, so I'm a bit of a LOTRs nerd)

The area appears to be bike friendly. If that's the case, I think I'll be making the trip on two wheels instead of frying my handsome little hobbit feet.

knkincabot
06-17-2013, 07:17 AM
This is a very cool series! While the puzzles may not be as challenging as getting the ring to Mordor, there was one or two that made you think (or like 19, guess on one answer). The hides are good and kid friendly. There are about 3 that were pretty sneaky which was a good change up. All in all, I am looking forwards to more posting to fill in the gaps in the number sequence!

I guess my biggest disappointment (if you want to call it a disappointment) is that..... I have journeyed so far alone! Outside of about 5 caches, the only name on the log sheets is Hobbit KnK! This is a fun series and as stated before, no real challenge on the puzzles/riddles outside of about 3 of them, but if I can solve them, then you all can too.

There has been a few bumps in the road on the riddles/puzzles but they have been quickly corrected, credit to LOR-AR. I have enjoyed the challenge and yes, I have journeyed over before work or after work or... a special run on the weekend to find the ring and ... wait, did I say ring.... I mean to find the cache, to attempt to be the first to find the ring, I mean cache. :)

Come on LOR-AR, what is next on this journey!

LOR
06-17-2013, 10:01 AM
I've been solving the riddles one-by-one so that when they're all published, I can make one trip to the black land, and then head back to the Shire for a drink at the Green Dragon. (Ok, so I'm a bit of a LOTRs nerd)

The area appears to be bike friendly. If that's the case, I think I'll be making the trip on two wheels instead of frying my handsome little hobbit feet.

Razz007 if you are looking for an ale at The Green Dragon your wish might comes true soon and with a bitter sweet taste.

LOR
06-17-2013, 10:01 AM
This is a very cool series! While the puzzles may not be as challenging as getting the ring to Mordor, there was one or two that made you think (or like 19, guess on one answer). The hides are good and kid friendly. There are about 3 that were pretty sneaky which was a good change up. All in all, I am looking forwards to more posting to fill in the gaps in the number sequence!

I guess my biggest disappointment (if you want to call it a disappointment) is that..... I have journeyed so far alone! Outside of about 5 caches, the only name on the log sheets is Hobbit KnK! This is a fun series and as stated before, no real challenge on the puzzles/riddles outside of about 3 of them, but if I can solve them, then you all can too.

There has been a few bumps in the road on the riddles/puzzles but they have been quickly corrected, credit to LOR-AR. I have enjoyed the challenge and yes, I have journeyed over before work or after work or... a special run on the weekend to find the ring and ... wait, did I say ring.... I mean to find the cache, to attempt to be the first to find the ring, I mean cache. :)

Come on LOR-AR, what is next on this journey!

KnK we do share your disappointment in regard of finds thus far and attribute this to the summer heat and vacation time. We were very surprised that night cache too so long to be found !! We worked hard to place that in time for the annual meeting and camp-out.
There will be a harder puzzles coming soon.

knkincabot
06-17-2013, 05:53 PM
KnK we do share your disappointment in regard of finds thus far and attribute this to the summer heat and vacation time. We were very surprised that night cache too so long to be found !! We worked hard to place that in time for the annual meeting and camp-out.
There will be a harder puzzles coming soon.

Hum, LOR-AR, was that a threat or challenge! :) Either way, I'm excited about about the extra smileys.

KnK

LOR
06-24-2013, 09:43 AM
We have to go west, to Valinor, to rejuvenate.
Hopefully the series will keep Arkansas Geocachers busy for awhile.
We will continue to tell the story (place caches) when we return.
In the meantime be careful!
Be observant!
Be brave!

the-snowlight
07-02-2013, 01:11 PM
We really enjoyed the puzzle series and caches that are quite easy find. I just wounder where Frodo and Bilbo are?

LOR
07-27-2013, 06:37 PM
Oh well. We are back long ago and ready to continue telling the story.
The most recent and next few caches will be different and it take us some time.
Also weather has not been cooperating. So stay tuned.

knkincabot
08-02-2013, 09:43 AM
This has been a very cool series. Most of the puzzles have been very easy to solve (again I say most, I think about 3 so far have really caused me grief :D) and I am no expert of LOTRs or the Hobbit stories.

There has been a lot work, hard work, that has gone into the planning, from telling the story of the characters and the Shire, then expanding that out to the dark forest, East road and..., to the actual placement of the caches, hiding and maintenance of the caches and even the cool GeoArt! Most of the caches are within feet of trails so no bushwhacking, a couple of exceptions of course, but overall a great series and numbers builder, oh.. and fun.

I recently discovered that LOTR-000 has been found the most, then it gets to where most of the others have only one, to four signatures on them. So this has peeked my curiosity which is what caused me to post on this thread.

What is holding you back from finding these caches? Again, not looking for or expecting any bashing, just wondering why. Your answer might help in expanding other series in the area, or deter them if there is no interest in puzzle solving caches.

KnK

thefab5willisclan
08-03-2013, 09:06 AM
I have been very busy at work and haven't been Caching as much as I want. This series intrigues me just on the mystery of the owner as much as anything. I haven't even looked at a single LOTR Cache and for that I apologize. But I will. My Daughter, The Princess, loves the Lord of the Rings. She will be helping me in the solving of the puzzles.

the-snowlight
08-04-2013, 08:59 AM
We have been out of town most of July and are back to hunt the ring and the caches. We will find them and we will ... all that are in our way. With the ring ,we will rule them all. It it my precious.

LOR
08-28-2013, 11:30 AM
We have seen great activity on many of our puzzle caches and are thankful to all that look at, solve, and find them.
We have been hiding 2-3 caches each week since April and thus fare there are 3 traditional, 3 multi and 42 puzzles caches.
Usually we do not publish caches on holiday weekend so that everybody can focus on the Most Important - Family.
However there are a few in the works that might get published on the labor day weekend.

Congrats to all that will complete the 31 days in August challenge.

LOR
01-04-2014, 01:50 PM
We started to add Certitude to all our puzzle caches. Don't be afraid of puzzles most puzzles published in 2013 are quite easy, albeit not all.

In 2014 we will explore the land of Elves and Men and place some what harder puzzles since there are many easy one already.

Happy new year to all of you.

floaten
01-14-2014, 06:35 AM
I have not started your series yet but I will be soon. I've only lived here (officially) since May and I'm clearing everything out in Cabot. Then I've move towards Jacksonville. Looks like a lot of your LOR puzzles are closer to Little Rock proper. I'm making my way there.