PDA

View Full Version : How Many Caches Will You Find in 2013?

Mickey McGillicutty
01-21-2013, 09:46 PM
What are your personal goals for 2013? I got my sights set on the ET Highway & Route 66 to help get me to 8K!

likestocanoe
01-22-2013, 06:39 AM
Wow, out count all depends on what life if giving at that time. We would hope to get a 100, cardsfan; but will have to wait until 2014 to see for sure... Hope you reach your goal!

T'nH
01-22-2013, 11:45 AM
Maybe some realism in cache totals for options? ;) In our first 3 months we found 100. It would be fun to reach 500 by the end of the year, but we shall see. 8-)

arkfiremedic
01-22-2013, 02:35 PM
When is the ET Highway trip? That would be an awesome road trip to an area I've never been. From what I've heard it takes at least three cachers to be effective at that one ;)

idratherbehiking
01-23-2013, 10:38 PM
My last couple of years have been below my expectations as far as numbers go but I plan to rectify that this year if I can find the time away from work and family obligations. I plan on getting at least 1000. But I also have a few other goals I wish to accomplish too that might hinder me from finding large numbers of caches. We will just see what comes.

Mickey McGillicutty
01-23-2013, 11:11 PM
When is the ET Highway trip? That would be an awesome road trip to an area I've never been. From what I've heard it takes at least three cachers to be effective at that one ;)

Anytime when the stars (and vacation days) can align. ;)

cfd29
01-24-2013, 08:29 PM
I for one would really like to get out there and do the ET trail, would be hard work, but would really be neat to do it!!

SJClimber
01-25-2013, 09:02 AM
Having lived in Las Vegas, I'm game for the ET and those around St. George, with spring and fall being the best times to make that adventure. Let's keep in touch on an ET trip??

cfd29
01-26-2013, 08:53 PM
I would also like to just head west to Barstow, CA, then work back this way on the route 66 caches, there are 800 of them on the old route 66, and the route 66 design just north of that, I think another 200 some odd caches, should be an easy do.. ahh if we only had the time

Mickey McGillicutty
01-26-2013, 11:10 PM
I would also like to just head west to Barstow, CA, then work back this way on the route 66 caches, there are 800 of them on the old route 66, and the route 66 design just north of that, I think another 200 some odd caches, should be an easy do.. ahh if we only had the time

We actually drove right past those caches a couple weeks ago on our way to Victorville CA to visit friends for New Years.
I tried talking the wife & kids into doing that series the day we left to come back home, but they talked me out of it. :(

Oh well, it WOULD make a good road trip though!! :cool: :D :p

KSDS97
01-31-2013, 10:50 PM
Wow everyone seems to be missing the answer to the question. How many caches will I find in 2013? All of them, cause no one else will find them for me

arkfiremedic
02-01-2013, 02:44 AM
Wow everyone seems to be missing the answer to the question. How many caches will I find in 2013? All of them, cause no one else will find them for meHmmm... You must have never been caching with me. Rarely do I find all of them I'm searching for. In fact I've had trips where I've had more DNFs than cache finds. Yep, thats the way I roll sometimes...

Mickey McGillicutty
02-01-2013, 10:05 AM
Wow everyone seems to be missing the answer to the question.
How many caches will I find in 2013? All of them, cause no one else will find them for me

But, my kids find 'em for me when I force them out of the cache-mobile & off their iPods.:D
F5WC finds 'em for me sometimes (after he drags me thru the El Dorado storm drains).:cool:
My WIFE finds 'em for me ALL the time, especially after I spend 15-20 looking. ;)

thefab5willisclan
02-04-2013, 10:54 PM
But, my kids find 'em for me when I force them out of the cache-mobile & off their iPods.:D
F5WC finds 'em for me sometimes (after he drags me thru the El Dorado storm drains).:cool:
My WIFE finds 'em for me ALL the time, especially after I spend 15-20 looking. ;)

I do believe you volunteered to go searching for that Cache. But you did threaten to turn back a few times!!!

Good Times, Good Times.:lol:

Mickey McGillicutty
02-04-2013, 11:06 PM
I do believe you volunteered to go searching for that Cache. But you did threaten to turn back a few times!!!

Good Times, Good Times.:lol:

I know, I was just referring to how you made it the last 100ft to GZ well before I did, while I was suckin' wind.
So technically "I" didn't "find" that cache so much as follow you to it, LOL! ;)