PDA

View Full Version : Extra-extra cheap GPS?

Gaddiel
06-11-2004, 07:13 AM
My wife was hitting the yard sales this morning and called me on the cell phone. She found a Magellan SportTrack Pro and the price was marked $2.00 !!! She couldn't figure out how to get the battery compartment open to see if it had batteries or not, and didn't know how to turn it on to even see if it would get power. Now, here's the kicker...she got the owner to come down to $1.50 !!!

I'm anxious to see if it works, but if not, would this be worth sending off for a refurb?

RuffRidr
06-11-2004, 07:35 AM
My wife was hitting the yard sales this morning and called me on the cell phone. She found a Magellan SportTrack Pro and the price was marked $2.00 !!! She couldn't figure out how to get the battery compartment open to see if it had batteries or not, and didn't know how to turn it on to even see if it would get power. Now, here's the kicker...she got the owner to come down to $1.50 !!!

I'm anxious to see if it works, but if not, would this be worth sending off for a refurb?

That is amazing! Hope it works for ya. If it doesn't, maybe you could take the insides out and make a cache out of it. Why doesn't my wife find anything like this at garage sales. :(

--RuffRidr

Gaddiel
06-11-2004, 02:00 PM
Cool!!! 8) It looks and works (as far as I can tell) like a brand new unit! I was able to download a manual from Magellan's web site. Now, all I need is a data cable and some maps. This has gotta be the biggest bargain we ever got! :D

rock_hound
06-11-2004, 09:11 PM
I guess you are excluding the digital camera you won a few months back. Does this mean you are going to switch sides to Magellan?

Rusty_da_dog
06-12-2004, 08:25 AM

You know the bad thing about that is my wife and I are down in Conway today visiting the in-laws, and her and my mother in law are yardsaleing today. Man that is a SWEET deal. Congrats!!! I'd buy any GPS I could find for 2 bucks I could do something with it :D

cachecrazies
06-12-2004, 08:33 PM
Hey - we'll give you $5.00 for it! Think of your profit!

What a lucky break! Color us green with envy!

arkansas_stickerdude
06-12-2004, 09:20 PM
I'll go $10 look we got an auction going.

Gaddiel
06-12-2004, 09:54 PM

You know the bad thing about that is my wife and I are down in Conway today visiting the in-laws, and her and my mother in law are yardsaleing today. Man that is a SWEET deal. Congrats!!! I'd buy any GPS I could find for 2 bucks I could do something with it :D

LOL! You guys are crackin' me up!

Rusty, we talked with your wife today at one of those yard sales. She was telling me about the new cache idea you've been working on. Sounds interesting... No more GPS finds today, but don't think we're not looking for more (cuz we ARE!) :wink: