PDA

View Full Version : Streaking! 9 months down, 3 to go!

dcwalker30
04-25-2012, 08:52 AM
Today made day #274 in a row of finding at least one geocache. That is significant because it's the qualifier for the 2nd to last badge on BadgeGen (http://www.badgegen.com/badges.html) (see sig) awarded for daily caching. It was fun to run the macro today and update the new badge in my GC profile! :) The streak has not been easy at all, but it has been extremely rewarding so far. There's a few other cachers out there putting together streaks that I know of. If you see them out at GZ, be sure to give them some encouraging words!

goff-family (http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=818d9fa5-9388-4170-bdd6-d812fd56bae0) : Today will be #273.
thefab5willisclan (http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=b4c99b8c-9b47-424c-95d8-befe73f3b04b) : Today will be #256.
codeyrex (http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=d54f7ffb-ebf0-45b8-831b-d0b5d20444e3) : Today will be #80.

I'm sure there's some other people out there with long term goals they're working on. If you're working on some yourself, or if you know someone who is, let's hear about it so we can encourage you/them to keep up the good work!

Happy Hunting!

thefab5willisclan
04-25-2012, 08:12 PM
Congrats! Yes, I'm only 18 behind you. I hope to get to 365 days then go all the way through the end of this year. Now if I can just get some more people to hide Caches in the towns I'm in most that I have cleaned out. Like Harrison and Monticello.

drmo913
04-26-2012, 06:26 AM
Impressive!

dcwalker30
04-26-2012, 08:41 AM
Mike, I keep like 100 caches in my car, ready to go at all times. If I'm ever in Harrison or Monticello, I'll be sure to help you out!!

kcackler
04-26-2012, 09:12 AM
Your guys' streaks are impressive. I'm lucky to find a few a month (Though I'd love to find more)

jclaudii
04-26-2012, 11:12 AM
We tried for a bit and we had a good streak of 27 days and that was pushing it for us.

pshelto
04-26-2012, 08:45 PM
I made 68 days when I moved to Texas and once I got outside my immediate circle it got too time consuming and I just couldn't keep it up.

Maybe I'll start a hide-a-day streak next.

idratherbehiking
04-26-2012, 10:35 PM
I have tried several times to keep a streak going but work and family commitments have always prevented it.
What is sad is that my longest streak ever was only 15 days.
Hat's off to you guys that can somehow pull this off. I only wish I could find the time.

the-snowlight
04-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Congrats. Impressive. Keep it up. Anybody know what the longest streak is?

idratherbehiking
04-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Check out this thread (http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=287426)on the GC.com forums.
Those are some really long streaks.

geofinder24
04-26-2012, 10:55 PM
Wow! My best streak is 3 days!!! On a separate note, I also have a 3 day FTF streak!!! The first of the streak was also my first FTF ever!

dcwalker30
05-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Check out this thread (http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=287426)on the GC.com forums.
Those are some really long streaks.

Kablooey is insane. I've traded a few emails with him about tips for keeping the streak alive. That guy is a machine. In 438 days, he will be celebrating 10 years of geocaching every single day.

I only wish I could find the time.

None of us have the time, lol. Its about making time where you don't have any. I know from talking to Goff Fam and Willis Clan that we've all had several evenings of frantic searching after sundown. I've got two little ones (2 years and 3 months) so I don't have much free time at all. You just have to force yourself to take that 10 minute detour, or spend your lunch hour (or 2, or 3) out caching with a sandwich in hand instead of sitting down to eat somewhere. After 100 days or so, your family gets used to it and you get some new found support from them. Overall, you're looking at about a 30 min/day investment of your time. I've learned to eat really fast and use my lunch time to snag caches. I'd encourage you to give it a shot! Even if it's just to beat your current streak! You've got 15, can you do 30? Go for it!

idratherbehiking
06-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Well I told myself that I would start on June 1st and find a cache every day. I have not found a single one yet. Working 60 to 70 hours a week just leaves me with no energy for anything. I promise I will start a new streak this weekend.

thefab5willisclan
06-05-2012, 07:35 PM
I work a minimum of 60 hours a week, but I have the advantage of working out of town all week. That just means I cache before I go to the motel. Like today for instance I am in el dorado, tomorrow warren. Today was easy, lots of caches here in El Dorado. But tomorrow I will have to get a cache before I leave here in the morning, because I've got all the caches in the Monticello area, and I placed the only Cache in Warren. But today was day 298! It helps to have friends like Dcwalker & Goffamily. We keep each other motivated.

arkfiremedic
06-06-2012, 09:49 AM
Would like to do something like this but when you've basically cleared all the caches out in a 30-35 mile radius not counting the few published recently from my daughter, there is no possible way to even attempt something like this where I live. I'll leave these streaks all to y'all.

Us6keys
06-06-2012, 09:32 PM
We started geocaching in March and then 40 days ago we decided to try to get a 365 streak and so far so good. Some days it gets almost stressful to make sure we get out and grab at least one and it may even be at 11 at night but we get the smiley. I hope we can continue on our streak and get some good milestones along the way. 227 since March 27 and are running out of them locally so I am having to get creative in my travels around to find them lol!

dexterjg
06-09-2012, 10:03 PM
I think that my longest streak it 14 days. As much as I drive, you would think that I could get one in a different rest area out here on the road. I may have to start looking at that when I get caught up logging.

Steal Your Cache
06-30-2012, 08:58 PM
29 more days David. keep it up my friend! 30 for me! :grin:

thefab5willisclan
07-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Woot Woot chugging along. Today was day 225 for me!

Steal Your Cache
07-03-2012, 06:47 AM
you got this mike! it is getting hard. i have very few caches close to go out and grab now. thanks to codyrex there are some not to far. and thanks to going on vacation for two weeks i can hit new ground that i haven't picked clean.

24 days to go...... now i am thinking of going with finds for as long as my longest slump! 467 days? hummmm

thefab5willisclan
07-08-2012, 11:32 AM
August 11 will be 365 days. My next goal will be to complete this year, so that I can say I Cached every day in 2012!

Steal Your Cache
07-09-2012, 08:01 AM
today is 348!!!!
:cool:

18 days to go!

im thinking of geeting a cache a day for as long as my longest slump which is 467 days...... hmmm

idratherbehiking
07-09-2012, 12:50 PM
I will grab a cache on the way home today and that will make 1 month straight for me. That is twice as long as my previous streak of 15 days. I'll keep going as long as I can. Hopefully everyone around here will keep hiding enough caches so I won't have to drive too far.

dcwalker30
07-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Great job to one and all! Whether your streak is 3 days or 300 days, they're all impressive. A few of us are rapidly approaching our goals, which is really exciting. I'm going out of town for business next week and I'm really hoping I can get out of the hotel and keep the streak alive. KEEP UP THE HARD WORK!!!!

KSDS97
10-15-2012, 09:46 PM
Caching is a lifestyle choice. To drive a streak takes thought and planning. It takes effort. Tips I have learned is don't get grabby limit your self within 10 miles of your home and use the caches along the way to and from work each day to get one and only one. I got all happy and grabbed most of the one close in caches in Cabot when I started.. Oh how I wished I would have saved em for those hot rainy time crunched days. I have a 7 year old which I get up and off to school each day and then go to work in Little Rock. I plan my cache hunting to get those close to the interstate that I can grab quick one per day. I then leave work at 5 and head home so my wife can go to work. Now on the days I can go out and hunt I try and get away from home 15 plus miles in places I don't go often. I started caching Dec 31 2011. My first streak started back on Feb 25 12 got to 71 days and fell apart. I got excited again at the cache bash in Aug 2012 and since Aug 9th I am up to 58 day currently. I have gotten my 1st 100 cache day during this streak. I try and get one in the morning and if not I get out and try to get one at lunch but some days I do go out after I get home. Hey you can get a cache every day if you want to.

thefab5willisclan
10-16-2012, 08:40 PM
If I can do a Cache a day for as long as I have (about 430 days right now) anybody can!

T'nH
10-17-2012, 09:59 AM
If I can do a Cache a day for as long as I have (about 430 days right now) anybody can!

LOL -- With two pukin' kids at home (and me recovering), the motivation to grab a cache, even literally down the street, is pretty low. (Not that I have a streak in mind as we do this as a family but thought your post was funny looking at the scene in my living room right now) ;)

We have decided on our next outing to head out of Searcy in order to use Searcy for when we just want to try to grab a couple or if I want to just take the boys out for a bit.

thefab5willisclan
10-17-2012, 09:23 PM
LOL -- With two pukin' kids at home (and me recovering), the motivation to grab a cache, even literally down the street, is pretty low. (Not that I have a streak in mind as we do this as a family but thought your post was funny looking at the scene in my living room right now) ;)

We have decided on our next outing to head out of Searcy in order to use Searcy for when we just want to try to grab a couple or if I want to just take the boys out for a bit.

You just gotta get your priorities straight. Them kids can puke all by themselves, but that Cache won't find itself! HA HA just kidding!.... no really :-D

thefab5willisclan
12-24-2012, 09:30 AM
Today is my 500th day in a row!!!

SJClimber
12-24-2012, 08:44 PM
That is absolutely amazing. Keep her going!!

MathSeeker
12-25-2012, 09:11 PM
Today is my 500th day in a row!!!

Way to go!