PDA

View Full Version : Munzees

Woodwalker9
01-22-2012, 03:02 PM
104 Mathseeker and I just got new smartphones and have started doing some munzees. Anyone else doing these and if so, what do you think?

Cpdenton
01-22-2012, 03:07 PM
I have found some fun in capturing some around here. It IS quick and easy. I enjoy grabbing them while out looking for other caches.

I have not deployed any yet. Might need someone to show me how.

Chris

cfd29
01-22-2012, 03:20 PM
We have a few in Clarksville and have deployed a couple in Fayetteville, plan on doing more, it is fun and quick, especially the ones that are in caches, we have deployed some that are on their own, and have found some that are on their own, it is catching on..

TnT
01-22-2012, 04:53 PM
Clark has it exactly right. The ones in caches are a nice bonus. However, the great thing about them is they can be placed practically anywhere. After all, they're just a sheet of paper. We have about a dozen up here in NWA. Waiting on the rest of the state to catch up!! Heck, waiting for the rest of the cachers up here to catch up!!

Can't resist: Did you get smartphones? or iPhones?

arkfiremedic
01-22-2012, 08:17 PM
We have about a dozen up here in NWA. Waiting on the rest of the state to catch up!!Catch up? We've got 85 in and immediately around El Dorado. Sounds like y'all may need to catch up with us down here! ;)

TnT
01-22-2012, 08:23 PM
Catch up? We've got 85 in and immediately around El Dorado. Sounds like y'all may need to catch up with us down here! ;)

Yeah, I've noticed. Little out of my caching area though. You can come up here and deploy some!!

cfd29
01-23-2012, 06:06 PM
going to LA next month, hope we can capture more down there..

arkfiremedic
01-23-2012, 09:11 PM
Come on down Clark! Always love seeing our Upper Arkansas neighbors down here in Lower Arkansas!

drmo913
01-24-2012, 07:33 AM
I know my buddy JasonDDickerson thinks there awesome! My 3gs doesn't enjoy capturing them. It always locks up.
...I'm not too keen on them at the moment as the result of that.

cfd29
01-24-2012, 08:03 PM
They are fun, and best thing about them is, once you "capture" one, you're done, it is then on to the next one.. you can type in a little note but the app does the rest

captaincooder
01-30-2012, 08:53 PM
I have a love/hate relationship with the munzee game. I want to like it, but it was released prematurely and still reeks of beta. Its backbreakers are (1) that it depends totally upon a quirky electronic gadget and (2) it is anti-rural. Lots of bugs.

searcykid
07-26-2012, 06:26 AM
This is an old thread and I'm a little behind the times. I have to say that yesterday 7/25/12 was the first time I had heard the term Munzee. It sounds like fun like Geocaching but it seems to be "all about the numbers". Which I guess Geocaching is but no one wants to admit it. I don't have the energy to play all the games that are available and I don't have the money to buy all the new gadgets necessary to play them. I have a cell phone but not a Smart Phone so I can't play this game. It's not that I'm an old foggy, its just that I 'm a poor old foggy. My cell phone is already an antique. Just can't keep up with you younguns.

ums

Steal Your Cache
07-26-2012, 08:54 AM
i have been capturing some and while i was in Disney i was out of virtual caches in the parks but when i opened up munzee they were all over the place. i wish the virtual cache would come back.

gingerose
07-26-2012, 06:00 PM
There seems to have been a Munzee explosion in Hot Springs....Hehehe!

specialteacher
07-27-2012, 09:16 PM
There are to many in Russellville to get in one day.

idratherbehiking
07-27-2012, 09:17 PM
There are to many in Russellville to get in one day.
I am going to see how many I can find tomorrow morning in a couple of hours.

Buckshot/MamaLlama
07-30-2012, 12:24 PM
Now that I am back home I can sit down and go through posts and even respond to a few. ;) I spent two weeks in Russellville at Tech for band camp and was grabbing munzees left and right, hand over fist, like shooting fish in a barrel, etc. I went from level 1 to level 23 in no time at all. Thanks to specialteacher, turtle, coon, cooder and all the rest for placing so many! I will be returning the favor in the north central area of the state as soon as I possibly can. So, keep an eye open on the map in the near future.

Yazz
08-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Has anyone else noticed Geocaching.com is coming out with it's own Munzee challenges? Called QR challenges.

http://www.geocaching.com/challenges/types.aspx (http://www.geocaching.com/challenges/types.aspx)

captaincooder
08-08-2012, 07:41 PM
I find it a fairly fun geolocation game when I can't get away for geocaching, but it doesn't beat caching by a long shot. Lots of bugs and over-dependence on often-fallible electronics. Navigation is awkward, and too wide open without boundaries, which I'm hoping will and must change. But geocaching went through some of the same growing pains.

Coon&Bud created a "Munzee Arkansas" Facebook group if you are interested in joining the conversation there.

dexterjg
08-12-2012, 06:05 PM
I am finding that here lately to look for more Munzees than caches. Munzees are a lot easier to "log". And you know exactly what you are looking for. There is no Unknown catigory in Munzeeing. I think for a while, I will be focussing on Munzees instead of caches. I may hide a cache here or there over the next year, but may not look for many. Y'all have fun out there!!!!!!!!!

thefab5willisclan
08-12-2012, 11:31 PM
I am finding that here lately to look for more Munzees than caches. Munzees are a lot easier to "log". And you know exactly what you are looking for. There is no Unknown catigory in Munzeeing. I think for a while, I will be focussing on Munzees instead of caches. I may hide a cache here or there over the next year, but may not look for many. Y'all have fun out there!!!!!!!!!

But I LIKE the not knowing exactly what I'm looking for, I like a challenge, and I like to make good logs for the Cache owners to read!

TnT
08-17-2012, 03:57 PM
I find it a fairly fun geolocation game when I can't get away for geocaching, but it doesn't beat caching by a long shot. Lots of bugs and over-dependence on often-fallible electronics. Navigation is awkward, and too wide open without boundaries, which I'm hoping will and must change. But geocaching went through some of the same growing pains.

Coon&Bud created a "Munzee Arkansas" Facebook group if you are interested in joining the conversation there.

"Wide open without boundaries" is what makes Munzee great in my opinion. Groundspeak's "guidelines" and the interpretation thereof have taken much of the fun out of geocaching.

dexterjg
08-18-2012, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by dexterjghttp://arkgeocaching.org/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://arkgeocaching.org/showthread.php?p=27071#post27071)I am finding that here lately to look for more Munzees than caches. Munzees are a lot easier to "log". And you know exactly what you are looking for. There is no Unknown catigory in Munzeeing. I think for a while, I will be focussing on Munzees instead of caches. I may hide a cache here or there over the next year, but may not look for many. Y'all have fun out there!!!!!!!!!

But I LIKE the not knowing exactly what I'm looking for, I like a challenge, and I like to make good logs for the Cache owners to read!

thefab5+willisclan, I like the challenge of finding the geocaches and I like the challenge of solving puzzle. I used to solve them weekly and have a very thick notebook of ones that I've solved but haven't had the chance to go and find. But the truth of the geocaching matter is that there is to much politics in caching now. It used to be fun, but it's way to big now. If you're not in the right group of cachers, it can be pure hell trying to understand the rules. They change monthly and if you question them to the wrong person you will get warned by groundspeak. I can speak first hand on that this year. Until that changes, I will be focusing on Munzeeing!!!!!!!

Thanks
James
Dexterjg
Conway, AR