PDA

View Full Version : Virtual cache etiquette

thefab5willisclan
10-05-2011, 10:55 PM
I recently found a virtual cache at the buffalo national river. I sent the cache owner an email with the required information, but it's been a week and I still have not received a confirmation from them. I posted my log as a note not a find. How long do I wait? Can I log it as a find? I would like to have a virtual cache on my profile. But I'm not sure how to proceed. Help?

MathSeeker
10-06-2011, 06:05 AM
Log it as a find. If the cache owner doesn't like your answers they will contact you or delete your log. Many times they don't respond. Some cache pages even say to go ahead and log them and if there is a problem the CO will contact you.

thefab5willisclan
10-06-2011, 06:53 AM
Thank you!

captaincooder
10-10-2011, 09:35 AM
I will e-mail two, maybe three times. Then I will post a find. Never had any CO complain. Some folks just post a find and send the CO an e-mail at the same time to the effect of "if you have a problem, contact me."

arkfiremedic
10-10-2011, 10:12 AM
Some folks just post a find and send the CO an e-mail at the same time to the effect of "if you have a problem, contact me."This is what I do. I ALWAYS retain a copy of the original email in a "geocaching" file in case the CO says they didn't get the answers/ pictures/ etc. I love virtuals. I always make an attempt to find them if they are close. Once they are gone... they are gone forever...

OldRiverRunner
10-10-2011, 07:34 PM
I do pretty much the same as AFM. I send out an email just before logging the "find", and I save a copy of the email. It is rare that I hear back from the owner. Back in August, I spent a day walking around the Mall in DC. Lots of virtuals there, and I picked up 20. I only heard back on maybe 5 or 6 of them.

thefab5willisclan
10-10-2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks you guys. I went ahead and changed my note to a find. I just wasn't sure. And didn't want it to get deleted or something.

thefab5willisclan
10-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Oh, and I allways keep a copy of every email I ever send for any reason. Just in case.