PDA

View Full Version : We are thefab5willisclan

thefab5willisclan
08-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Hello, we are the fab5willisclan. We are a geocaching family consisting of My Little Buddy: Boy, age 3; The Angel: Girl, age 10; The Princess; Girl age 15, The Eagle Eye: Wife, age well we better not go there; and Me, age 38. We are from the Jacksonville/Cabot area. At the time of this posting we have found 154 caches. And I just hid our first cache (My Little Buddy: GC32RJM) It has not been published yet. We are excited about geocaching. It is something that we can all do together and actually enjoy. If your not taking your kids geocaching with you your missing out on a lot of family memories. The family that caches together has fun together. :D

Spice
08-22-2011, 07:23 PM
thefab5willisclan welcome to the sport/game/hobby of geocaching and ArkGeo! Geocaching is a great family activity and a great way to go places with the family. My family and I have seen places that we would never would have seen if it hadn't been for caching.

If you haven't already done it, I would encourage you to attend geocaching events too.

Here is a link to the Arkansas state page on Geocaching.com and it will lists the upcoming events:

http://www.geocaching.com/local/default.aspx?state_id=4 (http://www.geocaching.com/local/default.aspx?state_id=4)

We are having an event here in Paris on Saturday, October 15th and want to invite you and your family.

Here is the link for the event listing:
http://coord.info/GC30YBQ

Here is a link to the event web site:
http://www.cachemania2011.blogspot.com

Hope to see you at an event!

Flyfishingcachers
08-22-2011, 09:53 PM
Welcome to our game of geocaching. We have lots of caches down in the Hot Springs area waiting for you to come down and find!!!

MathSeeker
08-23-2011, 05:57 AM
Welcome to a fun game! It was nice to meet your family at the Choctaw Event. Hope we see you guys out on the caching trail again soon.

ronwhite
08-23-2011, 07:24 AM
Welcome to the geocaching family. I personally invite you to our first Central Arkansas Geocaching Enthusiasts (CAGE) meet/eat and chat event on September 20th. Will be a good time to meet local area cachers and also enjoy some good eats (don't have to eat) at the same time. Should have a pretty good crowd and anticipate more signing up! Welcome!!!

Jffok
08-23-2011, 07:31 AM
Welcome to this big geocaching family. Glad you are enjoying this as a family.

Cpdenton
08-24-2011, 07:26 PM
We were glad to meet you at the Choctaw event, and look forward to seeing you again soon. The Denton's almost always cache together and the memories are indeed priceless.

BTW, I along with Ar-Hick did go find the Bandit that day. You were right, that is a narrow trail!

Night_Hiker
08-24-2011, 08:15 PM
Ahh it wasn't so bad! haha. We are glad yall have joined the ranks, a fine addition indeed.

thefab5willisclan
08-24-2011, 10:33 PM
We were glad to meet you at the Choctaw event, and look forward to seeing you again soon. The Denton's almost always cache together and the memories are indeed priceless.

BTW, I along with Ar-Hick did go find the Bandit that day. You were right, that is a narrow trail!

I was surprised to see that you did go ahead and find that. You said twice that you were not going too. It was
Worth it though wasn't it?
And night_hiker if that's "not so bad" then you must have the feet of a mountain goat. Haha

thefab5willisclan
08-24-2011, 10:40 PM
Thanks everyone for your "welcomes" I am amazed at how nice everyone has been since we started geocaching. My general impression of the geocachers that I have met so far has been positive just to say the least. In this fast paced world that we live in it seems most people have time for themselves only. And it's been nice to meet some genuinely nice people for a change.

thefab5willisclan
08-24-2011, 10:42 PM
By the way my cache has posted. The 3 people that have found it gave nice reviews.

thefab5willisclan
08-25-2011, 09:54 PM
Welcome to our game of geocaching. We have lots of caches down in the Hot Springs area waiting for you to come down and find!!!

I found my first hot springs cache today!

hogwildfamilyof6
08-26-2011, 08:05 AM
Good afternoon from southwest Arkansas, in the great twin city of Texarkana. We are an up and coming area of geocachers and a cool little place to visit to not only do the GPS Maze Adventure at our Discovery Museum, but also to get 2 states in less than a minute, lol. We will be in Smackover tomorrow and can't wait to attempt the power trail and what appears to be a really cool earthcache. We are kind of like you, We are a family of 6: our geochild, DayLee (7), the little man, Dawson (11), the princess, DeLana (14) and the angel, Destiny (15), the Boss Hog and myself started in January of this year and really picked up the last couple of months with just over 350. We are having a big event October 21, 2011 and would love to see you there. The GC code is GC31ERB. Have fun and happy hunting!!!!

drmo913
08-31-2011, 06:47 PM
Welcome! Good to have ya! Hope you get to particpate in an event soon!

jclaudii
09-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Welcome to the Geocaching Community. Hope to meet you guys soon!

captaincooder
09-08-2011, 05:39 PM
You'll find a bunch of helpful folks in this organization. Welcome.