PDA

View Full Version : 4-G=H Camp - Garland County

likestocanoe
07-19-2011, 12:13 AM
I was contacted by the county agent for Garland County today about a geocaching activity at The Garland County 4-H Annual Camp. I told her I would do the best I could rounding up some geocachers to work with the local youth. It could be done either August 11 or in the morning on August 12. Anyone out there interesting in helping these young people learn about geocaching?

Mickey McGillicutty
07-19-2011, 12:38 AM
I'd be more than happy to, but I'll have to check to see if I can get off work first. Starting at what time & for how long?

likestocanoe
07-19-2011, 05:59 AM
Mike, I am thinking the morning of the 12th 9 till 10:30? It would be cooler and I could get it Wednesday and hide the temps before the kids get there.

HELP? Anybody else available?

Savoy
07-19-2011, 07:16 AM
Man, I would have loved to help with this - esp. being a teacher here. BUT, LRSD starts back on the 5th for teachers and the kids are back in on the 10th. IF this ends up on a weekend, I'd be happy to join in.

likestocanoe
07-19-2011, 09:27 AM
Man, wish you could make it, but I sure understand. Maybe some others can make it.

perm74
07-19-2011, 11:12 AM
I am available to help on the 11th but I can't on the 12th. Let me know what I can do to assist.

Flyfishingcachers
07-19-2011, 09:01 PM
I can help by hiding temps at night before the decided date. Not sure if I can take off to help out with the kidos or not, depends on when you set the date.

likestocanoe
07-20-2011, 06:09 AM
It will be held at Camp Clearfork which is about 5 miles West of Crystal Springs on Hwy 270 and across the highway from our Camp Charlton cache / GC1MC38. What they asked for is a very basic Geocaching 101 for the kids then some geocachers to go out with the kids and find some temporary caches. It would probably be 1 to 1.5 hours long. It would be a bit cooler if we did it Friday morning, plus the kids are going home at 11 am so that would end the workshop in a timely manner, but anytime after noon on Thursday is available - I just have to let them know what time we want to do the presentation.

So sorry that I gave so little info when I posted the note and sent the email. That is what I get for doing it in the middle of the night. Any help appreciated, and I would love to give up the presentation part to someone else. {:o)

likestocanoe
07-21-2011, 08:29 AM
All help appreciated. There will be a basic Geocaching 101 activity for the Garland County 4-H Annual Camp on August 12, 2011. The camp is held at Camp Clearfork, and the geocaching activity will begin at 9 am. We anticipate that it will last an hour to an hour an a half. After a general explanation of geocaching we hope to divide the kids into groups (how many groups depends on how many local geocachers can assist) and go find some temporary caches. The 4-H staff is very excited that we are going to do this for them, and have arranged to have the GPS units there for the kids to use.

Please post if you will be able to help these young people learn more about geocaching and the technology behind it.

Note: The entrance to Camp Clearfork is at GC1MC38.

Mickey McGillicutty
07-21-2011, 10:28 AM
There will be a basic Geocaching 101 activity for the Garland County 4-H Annual Camp on August 12, 2011... the geocaching activity will begin at 9 am. Please post if you will be able to help these young people learn more about geocaching and the technology behind it.

I just confirmed with my boss (my actual boss, not Mrs CF55, LOL) that I can have that morning off. I'm free until noon. :cool:
Let me know if I can bring any "props", cache/swag examples, etc. See you out there!:D

What they asked for is a very basic Geocaching 101 for the kids then some geocachers to go out with the kids and find some temporary caches. Any help appreciated, and I would love to give up the presentation part to someone else. {)

I don't mind being the MC, if that's what yer meaning.;)

likestocanoe
07-21-2011, 11:44 AM
Yep, that is just what I mean... THANKS!