PDA

View Full Version : Lake Maumelle Series anyone? (Geobuddy wanted :-) )

Savoy
07-02-2011, 09:11 AM
I'd like to run the OT Series http://coord.info/GC2Y3CX over the
4th ((EDIT: Looking like the 30th now - see below)) weekend. Would anyone else be interested in doing this trail. We'd park one rig at one end, and then drive to the other, trying to get as many of the series as we can. Of course, if there is a 'OT Guide' out there, I wouldn't mind hearing from you either :-)

Min-Background: When I started caching, there were just a handful of caches in Arkansas. I was able to place a few of those oldest ones (http://coord.info/GC1776)... my most recent is the Upsized Little Rock (http://coord.info/GC2AZ5H)Cache. I spend the last 10 years overseas in China and Brazil mostly, where geocaching is very challenging. Don't let me lower cache count fool you - caching outside the US can be very challenging - and rewarding. Some of you might have met me at SWAGVILLE event, and my GeoLab Mezzo (http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1652124).

It a bit said, but all my Geokids are grown up (nearly) so if anyone is on a 'run' and needs a geopal... hit me up.

- Savoy

Jffok
07-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Wish I had know sooner and would have tried to plan this. If you don't make it over the weekend let me know and maybe we can plan a different date. I like the ideal of having two vehicles.

Savoy
07-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Cool... I sure will!
- Savoy

Savoy
07-03-2011, 07:19 AM
I'll definitely go with you, but we're at GWS this weekend... But if you want to shoot for anytime starting July 16th weekend or after, let me know.

GWS - would have loved to go to one of those sometime! I hope you're having a blast!
Its looking like thats the case... I'll give another "shout out" if I make a run at it around that time.

Have fun at GWS!!

- Savoy

DaTexanBoy
07-03-2011, 07:28 AM
Yeah, if I would have known sooner I'd have gone. I would love to go do this as well. Think it would be a lot of fun. The OT series isn't to far from me either since I'm in Conway. Just let me know a date. 16th or the 30th are the two weekends this month I could go.

Savoy
07-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Well, looks like this isn't going to happen this weekend, so how about the Saturday 16th then?
If we get a couple of more interest posts, then perhaps we'll call it an 'event' :-)

- Savoy

dexterjg
07-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Sounds like a fun day in the planning. I can't be in on those dates, maybe next time.

dexterjg
James

Savoy
07-04-2011, 01:55 PM
Looking like the 16th then... I'm think about doing the most 'eastern' section, working it from the middle section, and coming out on the Pinnacle Park 'side'.
I'll work up a 'travel plan of sorts to be sure we're happy with it!

Do you think there would be a few people in ArkGeo that might want to make an small event out of it. If we have a couple of folks, we could work it leap frog style as a team and power-cache it :-)

It going to be a cool walk!

- Sav

Jffok
07-04-2011, 03:10 PM
If we do it on the 16 th we can't get it posted as an event within the 2 week deadline. But if we do it on the 30th that wouldnt be a problem. I will keep watching this thread to see what developes. I'd sure like to go.
So for the typo on the date .

Savoy
07-04-2011, 05:24 PM
This is the section I'm thinking about... we'd park a set of cars on the east side (near Fun n Games), and then drive up to near OT1. We'd then work our way back toward Pinnacle Park.

I'll try and set this up on GC.com as an event to 'get it out there'. (Actually, I forgot - we'd need a 'cook out' or something else to go with it before it would be allowed as a 'real' GC>com event) Even if a handful (or even less) show, at least the invite it out there! :-)

If we meet about 8:30 at the Pinnacle park, it should take us the rest of the morning and a bit of the afternoon to walk/work it out!

Sounds like a blast to me.

Savoy
07-04-2011, 05:36 PM
OK, so far we have...

Meet a 8:30 am at the West Pinnacle Park parking lot (N 34' 50.359 W 092' 29.624). Form groups and park shuttle cars near "Fun n Games" cache, and then car pool to parking for OT1. We will spend the rest of the morning and afternoon working out way back east to finish this series of caches. This is a WONDERFUL area and beautiful lake. Come and enjoy a time of Geocaching as a group!

The final hiking plan for the day will be set by the group in the morning based on the weather (heat, humidity, and precipitation will be taken into consideration). Though the terrain is well maintained as part of the Ouachita Trail, this is long hike so please come prepared with water and appropriate hiking attire. In the case of bad (rain) weather, a post to this will be made if there is a cancellation by the host. If in doubt, please check recent posts (here) the morning of the event.

Savoy
07-04-2011, 07:26 PM
If we do it on the 14 the we can't get it posted as an event within the 12 week deadline. But if we do it on the 30th that wouldnt be a problem. I will keep watching this thread to see what developes. I'd sure like to go.

Its not going to qualify as an 'event' anyway :-)
But that's OK... if a few of us can make it, it will still be a good time!

DaTexanBoy
07-05-2011, 05:56 PM
Do you think we should meet earlier than 0830? If we meet earlier, then we can have at least a somewhat cooler beginning.

Savoy
07-05-2011, 08:26 PM
I'm sure up for earlier... when are you thinking 7:30?
More than likely its going to be a warm day anyway, but the earlier we can start to less time in higher temps! :-)

DaTexanBoy
07-05-2011, 09:01 PM
I'm prior military, I was thinking more around 0600 or 0630. I agree with you, the earlier the less time in higher temps.

Also, are we doing this the 16th or the 30th? I havent seen a set date, although I know these two dates have been discussed.

Savoy
07-06-2011, 08:38 AM
:-) Now that's early!
Just in case someone else wants to run this with us, lets say a good start 0700 hrs (on 16-JUL)... so arrive a bit before 7 am. That sound OK?

Here is what I have so far...

"Meet at 7:00 am on 16-JUL (Saturday) at the West Pinnacle Park parking lot (N 34' 50.359 W 092' 29.624). Form groups and park shuttle cars near "Fun n Games" cache, and then car pool to parking for OT1. We will spend the rest of the morning and afternoon working out way back east to finish this series of caches. This is a WONDERFUL area and beautiful lake. Come and enjoy a time of Geocaching as a group!

The final hiking plan for the day will be set by the group in the morning based on the weather (heat, humidity, and precipitation will be taken into consideration). Though the terrain is well maintained as part of the Ouachita Trail, this is long hike so please come prepared with water and appropriate hiking attire. In the case of bad (rain) weather, a post to this will be made if there is a cancellation by the host. If in doubt, please check recent posts (here) the morning of the event."

Razz007
07-07-2011, 07:32 PM
I actually attempted part of the trail last weekend. OT 28-21 (I hit it backwards I think) It is not a straight trail and not man-made rock pebbles and railroad ties trails like you would expect from a state park. It is up, down and all around. Certainly a great challenge and well totally well worth the experience for a hard-core cacher. I can attest that correct parking is extremely essential, so the idea of parking at either end of the trail is a good one. I would be game for another visit for sure. I don't think that the 16th will work for me, but the 30th should be clear.

edieo
07-08-2011, 03:10 AM
Now I could make the 30th but the 16th is not good for me ..You guys have a blast..

Savoy
07-08-2011, 09:04 AM
It looks like we would have 4-5 on the 30th, and just two of on the 16th... I'm OK with pushing it back to the 30th if its OK with DaTexanBoy. If that is the case, then I'll probably work the 'other end' on the 16th.
Jffok, Edieo, and Razz007 look like they are good for the 30th
I and Datexanboy look good for the 16th and 30th....

so lets just push this run back to the 30th!

So this is where we are:

"Meet at 7:00 am on 30-JUL (Saturday) at the West Pinnacle Park parking lot (N 34' 50.359 W 092' 29.624). Form groups and park shuttle cars near "Fun n Games" cache, and then car pool to parking for OT1. We will spend the rest of the morning and afternoon working out way back east to finish this series of caches. This is a WONDERFUL area and beautiful lake. Come and enjoy a time of Geocaching as a group!

The final hiking plan for the day will be set by the group in the morning based on the weather (heat, humidity, and precipitation will be taken into consideration). Though the terrain is well maintained as part of the Ouachita Trail, this is long hike so please come prepared with water and appropriate hiking attire. In the case of bad (rain) weather, a post to this will be made if there is a cancellation by the host. If in doubt, please check recent posts (here) the morning of the event."

DaTexanBoy
07-08-2011, 05:09 PM
30th is good for me.

Savoy
07-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Great... I edited post#1 to reflect we'll do this on the 30th.

I'm going to make a run at the west side of the lake on the 16th - parking at the west lake trailhead and working toward OT1 (I'll probably only get half way there before I have to turn back :-) )... if anyone is in the area and wants to join me for that one, just PM me and I'll meet you there!

Take care out there!
Savoy / Les

edieo
07-11-2011, 03:23 AM
The 30th sounds great!

Jffok
07-11-2011, 08:46 AM
I am up for the 30th. Does anyone know how long this trail is in distance. Think I read about 8 miles.

OldRiverRunner
07-14-2011, 10:37 PM
Does anyone know how long this trail is in distance. Think I read about 8 miles.

Tim Ernst's "Ouachita Trail Guide" shows the section of trail you are planning to hike (Lunsford Corner, on Hwy 300, to the Lake Maumelle spillway) to be exactly 7 miles. The parking area near the spillway is a few hundred yards beyond the spillway. The hike is not too bad - several up and down sections, but nothing very steep or very long. There are also some long stretches of relatively level hiking. If you take it easy and take lots of water with you, you should be fine. And due to the number of caches along that stretch, you WILL be taking your time! I recommend a very early start, to get ahead of the heat as much as possible.

The parking area near the spillway is pretty small, just a pull-off place on the side of the road actually. Enough room for maybe 3 cars. You might be able to squeeze in 4, but I would try to limit the number of vehicles you park there. The parking area at Lunsford Corner is a little larger, but you should still keep the number of vehicles to a minimum.

Savoy
07-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Great tips! Thought about showing up as a guide?! :-)
I'm definitely looking forward to this.

OldRiverRunner
07-17-2011, 09:41 AM
Thought about showing up as a guide?! :-)
I would have considered it if I did not already have plans to be about 900 miles away that day!

Savoy
07-17-2011, 02:17 PM
Well, yesterday DeTexanBoy and I hiked the west side of the OT trail. WOW, with the large number of caches, the high temps and humidity, I wasn't sure at some points if I was going to make it! I'll need to double my estimates for water next time :-)

According to the 'map' it was 8.1 miles on the trail. (I really need something better to analyze routes!!! Suggestions anyone?)

ORR had been on the trail ahead of us but three days :-)

I've attached the trail (with a picture of our route)... its was a GREAT day!

I'm looking forward to seeing some of you on the 30th for the east side caches!

DaTexanBoy
07-17-2011, 08:00 PM
Yes, a great time indeed. I second Savoy on the didn't know if I was going to make it. :) I had doubled my water (4 liters) and it was still a tough little hike due to humidity and heat. Terrain wise it wasnt to bad though. Great little trip though. Definitely a place you want to go with a hiking buddy if you go this time of year though.

A huge thanks to Savoy, for keeping an eye on me and helping me out. Thank goodness for great caching buddies. I will forever be in debt. Thank you very much Savoy.

OldRiverRunner
07-18-2011, 07:05 AM
According to the 'map' it was 8.1 miles on the trail. (I really need something better to analyze routes!!! Suggestions anyone?)

I use Tim Ernst's book, "Ouachita Trail Guide", to help me figure out mileages between major points, and Google Earth to figure out straight line distances for points in between (like between geocaches). Your trail distance depends on what you actually hiked. Did you do a one-way hike from Lunsford Corner to Hwy 113? Or did you turn around after finding OT 73 and hike back to Lunsford Corner? Since you didn't log any caches found (or not found) west of OT 73, it appears that this is what you did.

Ernst's book shows Lunsford Corner to be at OT Mile 212.2 and the Hwy 113 crossing to be at OT Mile 204.1 (distances are measured west to east), for a total trail distance of 8.1 miles. So, if you did the one-way hike, you covered 8.1 miles on the trail. This is what I did on July 13, but heading west to east.

But if you backtracked, then the location of OT 73 on the trail needs to be determined. Rhone's cache "205" is essentially at mile marker 205. Measuring the distance between caches from that cache until OT 73 is reached, I come up with about 0.5 mile. Therefore, OT 73 is at approximately mile 205.5 on the OT, or 6.7 miles from Lunsford Corner. So, if you hiked from Lunsford Corner to OT 73 and then turned around and hiked back to Lunsford Corner, your hiking distance was more like 13.4 miles (2 times 6.7 miles)!

The 8.1 miles I did on the 13th was bad enough due to the heat! I can't imagine doing 13.4 miles ... I think I would be dead now!

Savoy
07-18-2011, 11:50 AM
Everyone kept saying the 30th, I didn't know you guys were doing part if it this weekend. :(

Sorry about that... but you might be glad you didn't come that day! Wow... it was a tad warm :-)
We are still doing the east part on the 30th... how much of it depends on the weather.

Hope to see you there!

Savoy
07-18-2011, 11:58 AM
... Did you do a one-way hike from Lunsford Corner to Hwy 113? Or did you turn around after finding OT 73 and hike back to Lunsford Corner? Since you didn't log any caches found (or not found) west of OT 73, it appears that this is what you did.
The 8.1 miles I did on the 13th was bad enough due to the heat! I can't imagine doing 13.4 miles ... I think I would be dead now!

Oh no, if we had turned around and gone back to Lunsford Corner I think we would have died - at least I would have.

What happened was, after we got the last OT cache I was literally spent due to the heat and humidity. I had only a liter and a quarter which I was splitting with my lab so I was running low - down to my last 250 mL. Did we mention how hot is was?! :-)

So we decided just to hike the last bit out, passing up the remaining caches and get back to my Jeep which we had staged at the "Head of the Trail" cache (actually on the side road just above the trail head) on 113 crossing. Truth be known, I was getting a little light headed - thank goodness for the Jeeps AC unit and the extra water stashed in the back!

Even so, it was a great day of caching! I'll have to go back this week and catch the ones I missed on the west side.

OldRiverRunner
07-18-2011, 05:39 PM
I had only a liter and a quarter which I was splitting with my lab so I was running low - down to my last 250 mL. Did we mention how hot is was?! :-)

WOW! 8O Only 1.25 liters? You have my sympathy. I started out with about 3.5 liters and I was the only one drinking it! I went through a little over half of it before I got to Lunsford Corner and then drank down about another liter while I waited on my daughter to arrive to give me a ride back to my van at Hwy 113. She brought me a liter bottle full of ice and water, and I drank almost all of it before we got back to my van!

Savoy
07-18-2011, 05:46 PM
I'm going to carry a lot more next time, but you have to remember that the last long walk I took caching was in the jungles of Brazil. I got a bit accustom to humidity and higher temps there :-)

BUT the Brazilian jungle has nothing on Arkansas summers! I'll be better prepared next time.

DaTexanBoy
07-18-2011, 05:53 PM
ORR- I took 4 liters myself and I can almost guarantee that had we turned around to go back, I would not have made it out on my own. I barel made it out going straight through without finding the other caches. I'm at the VA right now probably about to get an IV. Still feeling lightheaded and sick to stomach. Oh well, I'll have instant ice packs with me next time. I'll try to prepare myself for the 30th though a little better than I did this time.

topkitty98
07-18-2011, 06:50 PM
Oh my, let us know how you're doing! Bless your heart!

DaTexanBoy
07-18-2011, 10:59 PM
I feel a lot better now. Still a little wore down but better. They pushed a couple liters of fluids. Headache is gone. Doctor told me I just need to stay home and rest tomorrow and intake lots of fluids. Said I did good eating lots of raisins to up my potassium. So life is good and should be ready for the 30th.

Savoy
07-19-2011, 07:12 AM
Awesome - glad to hear it!!

OldRiverRunner
07-19-2011, 08:51 PM
Did you guys pick up any ticks that day? If not, you were LUCKY!

On my hike, I was wearing shorts and I would check myself for ticks every once in a while while stopping for a geocache. I managed to pick off several. Later, after getting home, I checked again and picked off several more. Then after showering, I asked my wife to take a look at my ankles because they still looked dirty. She took a look and said, "It's not dirt! It's ticks!" Sure enough, I had picked up lots of seed ticks, who had managed to work their way under my socks!

Well, my wife must surely love me, because she spent the next 90 + minutes picking them off me with tweezers. I later learned that using masking tape also works well. But we didn't know it at the time, as neither one of us have had the pleasure of dealing with seed ticks before! When she was done, my wife estimated that she had picked over 500 of them off of me, and I believe her! There were a lot of them, for sure! And I am still itching from them!

So, for those of you hiking on the 30th, or planning to do the other section between Lunsford Corner (Hwy 300) and Hwy 113, wear long pants and spray yourself with some kind of insect repellant to ward off the ticks! I may have cleared them all off the trail for you, but you never know!

DaTexanBoy
07-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Oh yeah, you left some for us. I picked off maybe about 10 big ticks and a bunch of seed ticks. I too am still itching from all the seed ticks. I have dotted ankles and feet. Once I found the first seed tick, I was getting ready to jump in the shower already, so I just scrubbed extra hard to make sure I knocked them all off.

Savoy
07-20-2011, 08:10 AM
I'm glad I had DTB with me... I think he got most of them.

I found 3 large ticks crawling around which I picked off. For a long walk through the woods in Arkansas, I felt lucky. I was wearing long pants and a T shirt, but had sprayed my pant legs and shoes really well. The rest of me got a good dose of Off as well. I didn't have any seed ticks... but when I got home I scrub down really well. I've been intimate with seed ticks before ;-)

My only aftereffect was a spot of Poison Ivy on my wrist which hasn't spread... it looks more a mosquito bite, but is the ol' PI. Thats another reason I suggest long pants, etc. There is a lot of it out there for sure.

Savoy
07-25-2011, 07:37 PM
I'm looking forward to this, this weekend!
Hope to see some of you there.

This is where we left it last:

CANCELLED UNTIL OCT

cateyetech
07-26-2011, 02:38 PM
Unfortunetly it's still to HOT for us (casual cachers) to make it this weekend. We are planning on doing this trail in October (for my birthday) when it's cooler. We are planning on doing the entire PT over two days and camping out on the trail (in a designated camping area) over night. I CAN'T WAIT!!! Ya'll be careful this weekend and stay hydrated! Good Luck !!!

DaTexanBoy
07-26-2011, 04:28 PM
I know I'm gonna have to pass on this weekend. I'm with cateyetech, I'm going to have to wait for it to cool down a bit before tackling the rest of the trail.

Jffok
07-26-2011, 04:33 PM
Unfortunetly it's still to HOT for us (casual cachers) to make it this weekend. We are planning on doing this trail in October (for my birthday) when it's cooler. We are planning on doing the entire PT over two days and camping out on the trail (in a designated camping area) over night. I CAN'T WAIT!!! Ya'll be careful this weekend and stay hydrated! Good Luck !!!

This is a great idea. I too am going to have to pass this weekend due to the extreme heat. Working in it everyday it is beginning to takes its toll. I am seeing lots of people with heat exhaustion and being off work. I can't afford to take a chance of that happening to me when the caches will be there later in the fall when this heat wave is gone. Weather said this morning that we could have 8 more weeks of it.

Savoy
07-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Sounds good... lets hold off. I just checked and it looks like we are in for a storm that day anyway - sandwiched in with hot days!

When it gets closers to time, we can set a day we all can make it - perhaps even with a picnic!?

edieo
07-27-2011, 03:08 AM
Sounds great to me ...lol

Jffok
07-27-2011, 06:41 AM
Sounds good... lets hold off. I just checked and it looks like we are in for a storm that day anyway - sandwiched in with hot days!

When it gets closers to time, we can set a day we all can make it - perhaps even with a picnic!?

This sounds like the best plan. Cooler weather and a better chance of everyone making the hike and enjoying.

Savoy
07-27-2011, 03:38 PM
I'm going to work the rest of the ones on the west side of the lake (and along the road to the south of the lake) between now and then. If anyone is intersest in short hikes and jeep/car caching during let me know. Could always use another pair of eyes! :-)

Once is start cooling down, we'll get a date for the longer hike (east OT series that we've been talking about) - heck, might as well add a picnic to it as well. I'm sure we'll have some stories to tell when its over!!

OldRiverRunner
07-27-2011, 04:57 PM
I may be interested in teaming with you to do some of the ones I have not yet found, which is all of the caches on the OT west of the Hwy 113 crossing near Hwy 10. I also have to pick up some near the spillway (not part of the OT series) that I did not try to find when I did that section. It is best for me to go in the middle of the week. Are you available anytime then? I'm thinking next week, Tuesday or later.

Savoy
07-27-2011, 06:10 PM
That good for me... I'm fine anytime next week until Thursday (then back to work for me!!)
Tues or Wed seems to be the best days next week between the two of us.

OldRiverRunner
07-28-2011, 07:16 AM
Sounds good! Let's plan on Tuesday, Aug. 2. Send me an email at oldriverrunner@hotmail.com and let's work out the details. Anyone else free to join?

Savoy
07-28-2011, 11:11 AM
Message sent! Looking forward to it. I'll be in my Jeep TB3VWK5 with my GeoLab Mezzo TB277Z8 - with bells on :-)
- Sav

Savoy
09-25-2011, 05:08 PM
Is it time to do now that its cooled off??

"Meet at the West Pinnacle Park parking lot (N 34' 50.359 W 092' 29.624). Form groups and park shuttle cars near "Fun n Games" cache, and then car pool to parking for OT1. We will spend the rest of the morning and afternoon working out way back east to finish this series of caches."

Anyone interested in taking this on with me?

- Savoy

SJClimber
09-25-2011, 07:43 PM
I'm interested once we return from CO the first week of October. Yet, haven't followed the thread closely, so will look back to see what you have done so far. Did you do any with ORR in July or early August??

Savoy
09-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Yep... we did the west-side together (ORR), and DaTexan and I did the from OT1, west.
I have yet to pick up anything east of OT1

This is the section I'd love to work out:
So, your back the weekend of the 10?

Jffok
09-26-2011, 06:38 AM
I would still be interested in joining a group and trying to do these. Parking a vehicle on both ends would should make it possible to do in one day.

SJClimber
09-26-2011, 04:16 PM
Could go on this adventure the first full weekend of October. I've done and placed a few w/ Rhone on the eastern end near the dam. Some Rhone and I hit in the middle-west end (those that he didn't place).

Savoy
09-26-2011, 06:42 PM
That is the 8th or 9th (Oct)...

Saturday the 8th sound good?

SJClimber
09-26-2011, 09:02 PM
At this time, okay. Once in AR will confirm..

Savoy
09-27-2011, 03:39 PM
Excellent... any other takers? Wouldn't want SJClimer and me to hog up all the fun :-)

kcackler
09-27-2011, 05:37 PM
I would LOVE to come, but won't be able to do anything through the month of October due to a new Cackler coming along. Maybe in the future we'll get another group together to do it.

Savoy
09-27-2011, 05:50 PM
Congrats on the new Cackler! I'm sure Rhone will have more of these in those area by then... I am barely keeping up as it is! (bless him :-) )

Jffok
09-28-2011, 06:46 AM
I am hoping to be able to join in on this run.

cateyetech
09-30-2011, 04:51 AM
We will be there on the 8th & 9th (if the weather permits) We are starting around 8:00am at the spillway(219mi) and heading west to Hy 10 picnic/parking area (201mi) with a overnight stop at Penney camp area (208mi) We will be walking at a nice slow pace getting as many caches as we can on this (approximately 22 mile) hike, so if your interested in hiking along let us know. If not, hope to see ya on the trail!

Savoy
10-02-2011, 08:40 PM
I was thinking of starting off early Saturday (8ish) and starting at OT1 and working our way east (OT1 - OT36). I've done all the ones to the west all the way to the Hyw 113. (though I am missing the last 5 on that run). As long as we have two cars to shuttle, I guess is doesn't matter which way we walk it. East to west or west to east.

Lets see who else is interested in this one and which way to walk it out. Regardless... it looks like we are going to have geocachers all over this trail next weekend!!

How fun is that?!

Savoy
10-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Looks like its SJClimber and me for this weekend. If anyone else is interested, here is what we're looking at:

"Meet at 8:00 am on 8-OCT (Saturday) at the West Pinnacle Park parking lot (N 34' 50.359 W 092' 29.624). Form groups and park shuttle cars near "Fun n Games" cache, and then car pool to parking for OT1. We will spend the rest of the morning and afternoon working out way back east to finish this series of caches. This is a WONDERFUL area and beautiful lake. Come and enjoy a time of Geocaching as a group!

The final hiking plan for the day will be set by the group in the morning based on the weather (heat, humidity, and precipitation will be taken into consideration). Though the terrain is maintained as part of the Ouachita Trail, this is long hike so please come prepared with water and appropriate hiking attire. In the case of bad (rain) weather, a post to this thread will be made if there is a cancellation by Savoy . If in doubt, please check recent posts (here) the day/morning of the event."

SJClimber
10-03-2011, 05:12 PM
If nothing comes up, I'll be there a bit before 8:00.

Savoy
10-08-2011, 06:26 PM
I had a GREAT day with SJC, Chino, and Mezzo - awesome team!

Thanks helping me finish out the north shore :-)

- Savoy

SJClimber
10-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Well, I have to agree. The day was pleasant along with the company. Missed one along the route, but it is likely history. Maybe a new addition to a squirrel nest??