PDA

View Full Version : GC2XZFZ "Above the North Fork" Anyone interested?

captaincooder
06-16-2011, 12:00 AM
Still unclaimed. Looks like CET is trying to share a special place. Who's in?

DaTexanBoy
06-16-2011, 04:16 AM
I am. Just let me know when you plan to go. My nephew has a ballgame Saturday morning but I am always interested in going on a little hike.

kcackler
06-16-2011, 06:26 AM
CC - I'd be interested. Not sure why I didn't get notified about a new cache in the area. I've got my limit set pretty far out. Let me know what your plans are and I'll (try) to clear it with Anna.

captaincooder
06-16-2011, 08:03 AM
Today if pushed, or tomorrow otherwise, assuming the FTF is still available. I've got to work Saturday and Sunday. Otherwise I'll wait for HR's return so I can make a full day out of it. Forecast calls for isolated T-storms today, but no rain tomorrow. No relief from the heat however, with head index over 100. That means arriving at the TH at shooting light; means leaving Russellville at 04:30.

Kevin--not sure why you didn't get the notification, but wondering if the date of publication has anything to do with it. CET submitted the cache with 6/9 as the formal date, but CW published it on 6/12. I had to scroll through several pages of recently published caches to find it.

Ashallond
06-16-2011, 08:05 AM
Check your alerts...I have mine set to notify when they are PUBLISHED....that should take care of the date issue.

ChuckWalla
06-16-2011, 09:40 AM
CET submitted the cache with 6/9 as the formal date, but CW published it on 6/12. I had to scroll through several pages of recently published caches to find it.

The "placed" date is not the same as the "submit" date. One can place (or hide) a cache and then not "submit" the page for several days. The cache is not reviewed until it is submitted. That is done by making the cache "active", which is a check box on the online cache submission form. Caches submitted for review are almost always reviewed within 24 hours, unless I am away from a computer and/or the internet for longer than that. I am required to review a cache within 72 hours of submission. Also, if there are problems with a cache that need to be resolved before it is published, there can be quite a difference between the date the cache was hidden, submitted, and published.

As Ashallond has recommended, if you want to know when a new cache is published within your area of interest, the best thing to do is set up an alert to notify when new caches are published. You also need to make sure your radius is set appropriately.

kcackler
06-16-2011, 09:41 AM
I'm guessing my radius must be off, as I do get published notifications. Just didn't receive that one.

kcackler
06-16-2011, 12:29 PM
CC and I have a trip planned for tomorrow early AM, departing from Russellville at around 4:45 AM.

Jeremy - You should take off work and meet us here tomorrow.

Mickey McGillicutty
06-16-2011, 02:53 PM
What's it say, that I'm actually trying to figure out if leaving at 2:30am to meet you in Russellville at 4:45am makes enough sense for my 100th FTF?

kcackler
06-16-2011, 03:04 PM
Look who you're talking to. It makes perfect sense.

captaincooder
06-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Mike, if you are serious, we'll wait on you. There's no rush.

idratherbehiking
06-17-2011, 12:04 AM
I am actually off on Friday's but seeing as how you guys are planning on leaving in 3 1/2 hours and I just got home from work I think I will have to pass on it this time around. Yall have fun.

kcackler
06-17-2011, 08:24 PM
We did go, and there is a tale, though not much of one. I'll have to elaborate when I'm done dealing with "OMG my server died" emergencies....again...

idratherbehiking
06-17-2011, 09:04 PM
I am planning on going tomorrow morning. My muggle wife is telling me she wants to go with me but I am not sure she can handle the hike very well. But I guess I can just go extra slow so she can make it. Should be a really great day for a hike.

kcackler
06-17-2011, 09:06 PM
Richard - It was a relatively easy hike. The creek crossing was slick and the leaf cover made some spots a bit treacherous, but overall nothing to be scared of.

Seriously, take a picnic lunch. You'll want to stop and enjoy the water.

Have fun!