PDA

View Full Version : New cacher in Ft. Smith Area

jebrooks
03-29-2011, 09:28 AM
Well I assume this is as good a place to start off as any. Hey all!! From Greenwood. Started about a year ago. Found one then kind of trickled off. Got to thinking about it and started back a couple of months ago. Great way to spend time with the kids. Did not know about this site till I found some of the little ID cards in a couple of cache's we had found. As of right now I'm still trying to work with the cell phone app. It has worked so far. And until I have a little extra money it will just have to do. Anyway just wanted to drop in and say hello. Some names I recognize some are friends I haven't met just yet. Either way, Hello..

fishigfool60
03-29-2011, 12:14 PM
Well welcome to the area jebrooks. Always look forward to running into new friends on the trails. Check out the notice for the meet and greet coming up in Fort Smith soon.

Jffok
03-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Hello and welcome jebrooks. Looking forward to meeting you on the trails or at one of the area geocaching events. I agree with you that is is a great hobby to do with family and friends. Also a good way to meet new people. Happy Trails to you.

edieo
03-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Welcome to the game .

DaTexanBoy
03-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Welcome to the adventure, and it is definitely an adventure with kids (have three of my own).

idratherbehiking
03-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Welcome to the game. If you have any questions just ask there are plenty of knowledgeable folks around here who just love to give advice.
Don't forget we are having an Eat and Greet Event (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=a468ed9a-d382-45ee-89b2-938832abe015)at Furr's in Ft Smith next tuesday night at 6pm. If you can come on out and join us.

Ashallond
03-29-2011, 08:55 PM
woohoo, more cachers in the Fort.

Just watch out for CA and yazzman. They're quite interesting at times...especially if you read their logs.

jebrooks
03-30-2011, 08:53 AM
It's funny following behind people and looking on the logs. "Hey I saw this one at this place" Or "I wonder why so and so hasn't gottent to this one yet?" It's a blast.

katrinals
04-05-2011, 01:49 PM
My husband and I have gotten into it over the past year as well but we are both allergic to poison ivy so there are several we have to pass over or wait until winter to get which takes some of the fun out of it.

farmnurse
04-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Welcome to the area Jebrooks, my husband and I cache. We also started about a year ago and then we let life get in the way and we got out of caching for awhile. Now we are back. We are from Fort Smith and love to cache. In the beginning I had my own account by the name of Farmnurse and my husband always went with me, I tried to get him to get his own account but he decided "nah" so we turned my account into a team account and now we are Team CaDo

Ashallond
04-12-2011, 08:58 PM
OH, that's were you went. I thought farmnurse had vanished and I had no idea who this Team CaDo was...but now I know.

jebrooks
11-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Wow alot has happened the past couple of months. Upgraded to the ETrex20 which I think is a step up from my Motorola BackFlip cell phone. Well I hope anyway. Just put a slew of Cache's on it and hope to try soon. Thanks for all the Introductions all. Hope to see some soon. Brooks Family.

Jffok
12-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Hope the gps takes you to lots of caches. Need any help with a cache or anything just post here and someone will be glad to help you.