PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Travelbugs

RuffRidr
06-05-2004, 02:17 PM
Did anybody in the Arkansas area sign up to receive one of the Jeep travelbugs? I noticed that they are starting to hit caches around the country and was wondering if we could look forward to some around here soon. As a Jeep owner myself, I am looking forward to getting one of these.

--RuffRidr

LongDogs
06-05-2004, 07:29 PM
I did not, because I thought someone else on the yahoo list had said they had requested some for us.

If not, any volunteers?

GEO
06-05-2004, 08:48 PM
I put in for some but never recieved anything.????
I have looked around and have not seen any yet.

Gaddiel
06-05-2004, 09:18 PM
Did anybody in the Arkansas area sign up to receive one of the Jeep travelbugs?

I requested some, but not specifically for the group. Hope we didn't get overlooked here...

southdeltan
06-05-2004, 09:35 PM
If you didn't hear anything back, you're probably not on the list :(

That sucks. I know a few other groups sent in for some and didn't get any - but they're from states that have like 3 or 4 groups (I have YET to figure that out) and none of them got anything back.

I put in for MS and I got an email response immediately, then a followup a few days later - and then 2 days ago I got an email saying they had shipped some. I know that Alabama is getting a shipment and Louisian is getting one (altho smaller) also.

I haven't a clue how they divided these out - supposedly in this order:

formal organizations
informal organizations
event coordinators
prominent geocachers
all others

(That's what the email said). I can only conjecture that if you didn't say you represented a group, they slid you down the list.

Don't worry if you don't get any - it's not like they can't cross state lines. I'll see if I can get one in my cache at Lake Chicot. I bet that if a few of you did some cross-state raids you could bring some into the state.

Oh yea - I also know that there is another 1000 TB's in reserve for after the initial shipment. I bet you could get some of those.

sd

Rusty_da_dog
06-05-2004, 09:55 PM
I sent my name in to get a few for Western Arkansas here, but as of yet haven't heard anything or seen anything, so I am assuming also that my name got overlooked, but who knows, maybe they will still send a few this way.

arkansas_stickerdude
06-06-2004, 12:03 PM
When I saw them come out I ask for some under the ARgeocaching.com . and I got the same email that southdeltan got. I never received anything else about the bugs. I guess arkansas is not that important to the people at GC.com WE WILL FIND SOME. I was at the TAG meeting yesterday and they said they have not reiceived anything about getting any either.

GEO
06-06-2004, 02:30 PM
We will get some one way or another.
Sorry Gunnar I just could not get to Tulsa.Maybe you can update us at the Picnic
GCJCRR
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... ae2e194f51 (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=0e7eb213-2d6d-4d48-9e17-1dae2e194f51)

Hope everyone can make it.

GEO
06-06-2004, 03:00 PM
http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index. ... ntry935404 (http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=72685&st=0&#entry935404)

A little research here found this link.
http://www.geocaching.com/track/log.asp ... LogType=20 (http://www.geocaching.com/track/log.aspx?WID=74e49f65-03c1-4d41-a001-d438ee79feed&LogType=20)

Enter Again
http://jeep.geocaching.com/

Gaddiel
06-10-2004, 07:27 PM
WOO-HOO!!! We got some Jeep Travelbugs in the mail today from Groundspeak. They sent us 20 of them, so look for them coming soon to cache near you!

RuffRidr
06-11-2004, 07:28 AM
WOO-HOO!!! We got some Jeep Travelbugs in the mail today from Groundspeak. They sent us 20 of them, so look for them coming soon to cache near you!

Sweet! Do you think you could get one or two of them up here to the Northwest corner of the state? There's a lot of cachers here that are looking to get their hands on one, me included!

--RuffRidr

Gaddiel
06-11-2004, 08:10 AM

Sweet! Do you think you could get one or two of them up here to the Northwest corner of the state? There's a lot of cachers here that are looking to get their hands on one, me included!

We are planning a vacation the week of the 21st to the 25th. I'm trying to talk OrangeDanish into a little caching trip to NWArk. If so, we'll probably drop off a few there.

arkansas_stickerdude
06-12-2004, 09:26 PM
Well,Well,Well guess what I got in the mail today YJTB YES that YELLOW JEEP TRAVEL BUGS. I'll be hidding then real soon.

cachecrazies
06-14-2004, 06:17 PM
YEA! Glad you guys got some! Now they'll be in the area anyway - and hopefully we'll run across one of them!

RuffRidr
06-15-2004, 08:40 AM
Yep, they are getting closer. I noticed Twooldcrows picked one up in Oklahoma recently, hopefully we'll see that one up here. Also, I noticed that there is one in Little Rock right now. So they are making the rounds.

By the way, any other Jeep owners here? I've got a red 91 YJ. Replaced the 6-cylinder with a Chevy 400 about a year and a half ago. Motivates real well, but gets horrible gas mileage!

--RuffRidr

GEO
06-15-2004, 03:38 PM
2 Stayed the Night in Springfield but it looks like they are headed to Utah.

There has been 1 placesed in OMG 101

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... ae2e194f51 (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=0e7eb213-2d6d-4d48-9e17-1dae2e194f51)

Holding at 199
Gonna make OMG 101 200
Thanks golfnutz for the hint and making it 201

http://www.geocaching.com/stats/img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=cfdc3327-0adb-446f-9d20-03bc0ac8e4d3

topkitty98
06-15-2004, 04:34 PM
:mrgreen: Hey - I picked up a Jeep TB that Gaddiel and Danish and Team Rock Hound had put in the Attorney at Law Cache in Little Rock today! I'm thinking I will be placing it in Searcy. Woodwalker9 has an Around Town series of 6 caches in Searcy that ends with a mystery cache called It Happens Every Spring. I think I will be putting it up there soon in the mystery. To get it, you have to use the clues from the other 6 for the coordinates. They are all micros and he is sneaky. When you get one, you can also enter a monthly contest for essays or pictures and then folks can read/look at them and vote for winners. The winner each month gets some kind of Jeep goodies. You can only enter once a month. So . . . I'll let you guys know when I put him back out. (You might wanna start finding the Around Town series!)
Oh yeah -- we have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee and a 1991 Cherokee.
I sure would like a new one!
topkitty98 >^..^<[/b]

cachecrazies
06-15-2004, 05:04 PM
We've been checking out his Around Town series for an upcoming weekend. Now we'll have to check it out even closer! :lol:

GEO
06-15-2004, 06:46 PM
I will have to make that visit I been promising.

arkansas_stickerdude
06-18-2004, 12:05 AM
I've got some YJTB's that are going to be showing up as FTF prizes, So watch for new caches. You won't know which ones the are in.

NiteWolf1138
06-19-2004, 07:35 AM
I just missed one of the YJTB's in Little Rock,,,, :evil: Oh well I'm keeping my eyes open for any others that pop into the area.

FYI, I have a '90 Jeep XJ, runs good but I'm thinking of getting a new engine and some other "fun" stuff.

Bio-x
06-20-2004, 06:53 PM
I found 2 this weekend. One in Tulsa, the other was an unexpected find in the "Get well soon cache".

cachecrazies
06-21-2004, 05:02 AM
We picked up 3 of them at the OMG meeting in Missouri - so have brought them to Arkansas to set out.

chili36
06-22-2004, 12:50 PM
I picked one up in North Mississippi today and will start looking for a spot in Eastern Arkansas to place it.

cachecrazies
06-26-2004, 07:24 PM
We put one out today in one of our new caches. He was #0019.

Broke my heart to let go of him - but knew I had to.

If I had #19 out of 4000 of a limited print edition you'd have to "murder" me to get it out of my hands! Can't believe that I willingly parted with it! But that's what cachers do. :cry:

topkitty98
06-28-2004, 12:57 PM
:lol:
Okay folks, get ready for a Searcy road trip!!! :mrgreen:
Jeep TB coming soon to a cache near you!
:wink:

topkitty98
>^..^<

topkitty98
06-28-2004, 01:47 PM
Hey, hey, hey
It's up there today

It's called "It Happens Every Spring"
But there is just one thing . . .

It's a mystery cache
So it'll take a bit more than a flash

He had tricks up his sleeve
As you'll soon perceive

When he hid things "Around Town"
Don't let it get you down!

It's not easy but it's fun
So get there quick, run run run!

Okay, so maybe I'm not a poet but you get the idea. The Jeep TB is in It Happens Every Spring, a mystery cache in Searcy, AR put out by woodwalker9. There's lots of good stuff in this cache for kids and adults..

Take off and have fun! ENJOY! :lol:
topkitty98 & markrocks
>^..^<
[/u]

DaisyButton
07-17-2004, 11:11 PM
We had a jeep travel bug visit our family cache at Pinnacle Mountain-- Fun with Fido Did'nt hang around long for sure! LongDogs didn't get a chance to touch it even! :D

Bio-x
07-26-2004, 07:10 PM
So....where are all these TB's? Didn't some of our locals geta bunch of these to distribute? I've found 2 so far and one of those two I had to drag over from Tulsa.

GEO
07-26-2004, 08:49 PM
We got rid of all 4 that we won and haven't heard from them since.

Traded 2 with arkstickerdude I know where those are,if the FTF's did not get them yet.

I have seen several jumping around and quite a few out west in some caches I am going to visit on our rush trip out.

bmwrider1
07-27-2004, 09:51 PM
We have droped 8 in In Arkansas. Most of them in the SW part and a couple in the central part of the state. One in southern MO. We even ran into a full sized one in yellow yesteryday on our way to put one in a cache. Just wondred how to get them to grow up like that :lol:

RuffRidr
08-01-2004, 07:26 PM
I just placed one in NW Arkansas this weekend. It is in kind of a remote cache, so it may be there for a little while. The cache is Deer Swim 1. It is a cache that is on an island in the middle of Beaver Lake.

--RuffRidr

LadyEngineer
08-02-2004, 07:16 AM
:(
I was noticing that there are a couple of cachers that have a jeep and they just keep logging it into different caches and logging it back out. They say they are doing this to get the miles on the jeep log. I was under the impression that the jeep is trying to change cachers hands as well as change caches. Is it right to hang on to a jeep and just move it from cache to cache? Shouldn't we be encouraging everyone to give others an opportunity to get their hands on the jeeps too? Just wondering what is the correct way. I got one about three weeks ago and didn't really want to give it up but thought that I was doing the right thing by giving others a chance a catching one. Kind of wish I had keep the little guy now.

:cry:

Geezer_Veazey
08-02-2004, 08:07 AM
L.E. You did the right thing. All the Jeep TBs have the same goal which I have copied and am pasteing here:

Current GOAL: Move me to another cache so I can meet another geocacher.

However, people are keeping multiple Jeep TBs, keeping them and logging them as you said, and just keeping them. It amazes me that people can use a GPSr and locate caches, but can't read a goal.

I'd say, don't fight it. Just keep the next one you find.

LadyEngineer
08-02-2004, 08:34 AM
Well if someone would let go of them long enough for me to get my hands on one I just might. :twisted: :oops: But I'm sure my inner self won't let me, because it believes in playing by the rules. :x D*** &*. I really hate my conscience sometimes. :) :(

Phantom_491
08-02-2004, 08:48 AM
Well if someone would let go of them long enough for me to get my hands on one I just might. :twisted: :oops: But I'm sure my inner self won't let me, because it believes in playing by the rules. :x D*** &*. I really hate my conscience sometimes. :) :(

I place a jeep on your Bug Motel yesterday afternoon, but before I could get home and log it into the hotel, someone grabbed it.

cachecrazies
08-02-2004, 07:07 PM
I sympathize with you, LadyEngineer,

I got one about three weeks ago and didn't really want to give it up but thought that I was doing the right thing by giving others a chance a catching one. Kind of wish I had keep the little guy now.

I REALLY wanted to keep yjtb #19 (such a low number!) but, sigh, I gave him up - as I was supposed to do. At least he's in Stickerdude's hands so I know he'll be passed on. But, hey, wait a minute!

Geezer_Veezey just said -
I'd say, don't fight it. Just keep the next one you find.

Hey Dude - send that little guy back to me! He's gonna get lost! :lol:

arkansas_stickerdude
08-02-2004, 10:12 PM
Are you Crazy In sending him loose UP here along with 10 more I sent one out in the world today as a FTF prize. I did not log it into the cache until the FTF was made. I have a few to give out at the CITO in Sallisaw this weekend.

LadyEngineer
08-03-2004, 05:24 AM
StickerDude, you've got ten! 8O Come on man your holding out on us. :lol: Why not bring them to the meet and greet and share the wealth? 8O :twisted: :D So did the FTF grab it? Which cache did you put it in? :?: What numbers are you holding so I can watch them?

:D

arkansas_stickerdude
08-03-2004, 08:39 AM
I got 10 of them from Groundspeak for the TriState Geocachers. We have a meeting up here this weekend and I plan on giving some of them out then if you are here we will see about getting you one. If there are any left I'll bring them with me next weekend to Little Rock. Hows that? And ofcourse the FTF got it it was in the Mosquito cache of mine.

topkitty98
08-03-2004, 08:46 PM
:oops:
Sorry, one of the offenders who logged in and out with a Jeep was my sister who was here from Missouri. She is a new cacher and it was the first Jeep she'd seen. The Jeep did go with her everywhere and she wanted to take it to release in central Missouri- she hadn't seen any on their pages so far. I am sorry if this caused any problems for anyone. I guess she should have just logged it "found" and then dropped it when she got back. I promise she won't keep it forever. I have one in my possession right now, looked for a spot in Clarksville last week to drop it, found lots of micros, so it's still with me. I swear I will drop it soon - in ARKANSAS! Promise!

topkitty98

topkitty98
08-08-2004, 07:00 PM
Alrighty folks, :wink:
the aforementioned Jeep TB is now in the brand new "Southern Cross" cache! I figured the new one could use it. I hope this means we will end up with more caches close by!

>^..^<

Gaddiel
08-09-2004, 08:56 AM
I believe we put three out this weekend. Two in Branson and one in Harrison.