PDA

View Full Version : HOW DO I DO THIS

okies
01-18-2011, 07:42 PM
I AM BRAND NEW TO THIS AND HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO GET STARTED I KNOW I NEED TO USE A GPS BUT HOW DO I FIND CACHES TO HUNT AND THEN USE THE GPS TO FIND THEAM CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE :D

flannelman
01-18-2011, 09:34 PM
There are a few websites that host geocaches. Garmin has one and there are a few other small sites. The main site is http://www.geocaching.com/. You can enter your zip code or city and search for caches near you. Read some cache descriptions and decide which one you want to go find. You can the download the waypoints to your gps by using a program like gsak. There may be other ways to do it but that is how I do it. Once you have the waypoints in your gps then select one and go find it.

Hope that helps.

topkitty98
01-19-2011, 01:23 PM
Where are you located? Maybe we could help you find someone local who could help.

Jffok
01-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Your caching name suggests Ok. Someone local to help you would be best. :D

edieo
01-20-2011, 04:01 AM
Welcome to the game :)

captaincooder
01-21-2011, 07:56 PM
And when you go for your first one, choose something relatively simple. Don't get discouraged if you can't find it. I DNF'd my first cache 2 or 3 times, and it was a regular-sized container right in the middle of the trail! I was literally stepping on it and didn't know it. It was so frustrating. Seriously, it would be really good for you to find someone locally who can spend a few hours with you and show you how it's done. If you tell us where you live, we can probably find someone in our organization that would be more than glad to help out.