PDA

View Full Version : Path Tags

DaTexanBoy
12-18-2010, 07:01 PM
Does anyone know much about these? I found my first one at Historic Washington State ParkCache today and was just trying to find out some details on these little things. Are they fairly popular among the caching circles? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

DaTexanBoy

pshelto
12-18-2010, 11:10 PM
They are similar to travel bugs and geocoins except that they typically stay in one place (in your hands). I think at least. I have a nice collection going with all the ones I have found.

I think they are cheaper than most other trackables, so that is the appeal of them.

BSA534
12-18-2010, 11:43 PM
What do you want to know about them? After I went to GeoWoodstock last year I built up a pretty good collection. Now I grab them whenever I find them. ArkGeo has even produced a couple of our own. Several members have designed their own as well. They are great signature items and they fit perfectly in a 35mm container too.

DaTexanBoy
12-19-2010, 05:44 PM
GeoWoodstock?!?

So I take it these path tags are fairly popular then. Is there a way to buy one of ArkGeos path tags that way I can have it for my collection since I am a member?

These would be something that can be fairly easily left in a micro, since they are so small. I guess I'm going to have to keep my eye out for these more often. I did notice myself checking the Daisy State ParkCache a little closer to see if there were anymore in there from other folks.

BSA534
12-19-2010, 08:57 PM
We have a few of our regular pathtags in our store. You can purchase them at many ArkGeo events. I bought about 60 of them and have dropped many of them in caches, but which caches nobody knows (especially me). I'll have to check my caching box, I might have some in there still too.

You can also go to pathtags.com and check and see if there any for sale there.

DaTexanBoy
12-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Sweet, I'll have to make sure I come prepared when I come to a ArkGeo event. Ok, I'll have to get on there and look and see what I can find.

MathSeeker
12-20-2010, 08:14 AM
Woodwalker and I have a small personal coin that is not trackable. It is the size of a pathtag. Instead of an avatar posted on ArkGeo, we have each have our side of the coin posted. We had them made at http://atmatags.homestead.com/.

You might check out their website.
The next time we run across you out caching or at an event remind me and I will give you one of our coins.

DaTexanBoy
12-20-2010, 08:35 AM
Sweet, Thank you ma'am. I wanted to come to the one this weekend, but I had to go do Christmas with the in-laws this weekend. Of course, I did some geocaching with my girls while I was down in Murfreesboro. My girls and I were actually able to find three State ParkCache's while we were down in that area. I figured might as well. :D

I will have to check out that link. Thanks again.