PDA

View Full Version : New to caching

Tiger-rat
09-03-2010, 10:27 PM
I am new to geocaching and have actually found the "two" that I found quite by accident. My first cache was on to Mt. Nebo near Dardanelle. My Ratboy and I were doing a killer hike down one of the side trails in search of a natural spring. We decided to have a rest on a stone step and happened to see a hollowed out tree. We saw something inside and chose to investigate. We were surprised to find our first geocache. My RB didn't know what it was but fortunately for me a co-worker, who is a geo-cache nut, had told me about some of his adventures. We didn't take anything but left a dime instead. We just found our second geo-cache today in Russellville Ar. at Mothers of the Confederacy Park. We decided to take the cat out for a hike with us and were chasing her down a side trail when we happened to find another hollowed out tree. This one was too obvious because someone had stacked sticks inside of it which tipped us off, don't worry because I fixed it and made it a little bit harder to detect.. 8) Well that is our exciting tale tonight folks... this geocaching is fun and we really enjoyed it.... thank you to whomever's idea geocaching was... goodnight... Tiger-rat

idratherbehiking
09-04-2010, 06:28 AM
Welcome to the game and congratulations on your first two finds. My very first find was by accident also while I was hiking the Spy Rock Loop Trail. That was almost 7 years ago and I have been hunting them ever since. I live in Russellville so if you ever have any questions don't hesitate to ask or you can just post it here. There are plenty of knowledgeable folks that are always willing to help out on these forums.

By the way, what username are you using on the geocaching.com website?

edieo
09-20-2010, 04:54 AM
Welcome to the game .I believe the cache you found on Mt Nebo is mine ..lol :lol: