PDA

View Full Version : Back Grounds on Geocaching.com Pages

LadyEngineer
11-28-2004, 04:41 PM
Can anyone tell me how to put backgrounds on my cache pages when I post a new one to GC.com? I haven't been able to figure that out.

Thanks
LE

Geezer_Veazey
11-28-2004, 07:38 PM
LE, When you create or edit a cache page there is a check box that says "descriptions below are in HTML".

Sssoooooooo...

I would suspect that you have to create and upload the image you want to use as a background, check the "HTML" check box and write HTML code to reference the image for a background.

While you are at it (coding HTML), you might as well use different fonts, font sizes and colors to make it look really classy.

With HTML you can also make a picture display on the cache page without having to click a link. Take a look at my cache GCH991.

Several of Gaddiel's cache pages have backgrounds. Perhaps he will share with us more definite information.

motexoutlaw
11-28-2004, 11:20 PM
LE try this tutorial about dressing up your cache page that is on the Texas Geocaching Association web page.

http://home.austin.rr.com/lowracer/dress-up.html

It shows you how to insert pictures and backgrounds.

MoTexOutlaw
Rosenberg, TX

LadyEngineer
11-29-2004, 02:01 PM
That was a great link. I managed to add a background to my NRCS bug hotel. Thank you so much.!!! I appreciate the help.

This community rocks.

LE

Geezer_Veazey
11-29-2004, 03:28 PM
Good going, LE. That was a great choice of image for the background. Is that, by any chance, a boll weevil?

Gaddiel
11-29-2004, 04:52 PM
DOH! I was too late! And I KNEW that one, too, for a change! :D

arkansas_stickerdude
11-29-2004, 09:50 PM
LE finnaly figured out something on her own.

LadyEngineer
11-30-2004, 05:22 AM
No I didn't. motexoutlaw's link was great. It is written for us html dummies.

Geezer_Veazey - I don't know if it is or not but I will find out now that you have asked me.

GV - if you get a chance to go do my new cache At the Brink, it has been pointed out to me that there is a natural honeybee tree about 30 feet past the cache. Woodwalker9 took some pictures but they are kind of dark. I was wondering if you might take your camera and get some pictures? Thanks in advanced.

LE

Geezer_Veazey
12-01-2004, 12:59 AM
I will certainly make pictures when I go, but I can't promise when that will be. Brinkley is a little far to just jump up and run out there. I will probably be going to Jonesboro sometime in January so maybe I can go to Brinkley and then up Hwy. 49. It's a little out of the way, but not as much as just going to Brinkley and back.

Thanks for thinking of me. I love to take pictures. I've got one of an early, early sunrise over lake Overcup taken from my deck which also happens to be near my "Say Hello..." cache. There are ducks swimming in the water, just barely visible in sillouette, but they are all in a row. I've been holding it back thinking I may send it to the Game and Fish commission for one of their publications, but I may just go ahead and upload it.

When I go to "At the Brink" I will email you some pictures to use however you want to.

Guy

arkansas_stickerdude
12-01-2004, 09:37 PM
That is a very good webpage.

motexoutlaw
12-04-2004, 10:25 PM
LadyEngineer, It looks like you have been busy beautifing your cache pages since learning the background posting trick. Good job!!. I will be travelling from St. Louis back to my home in Rosenberg, TX (Houston area) a few days after Christmas. We will likely stop in Wynne a couple of days and visit with my wife's sister. Hope to do your two Wynne caches and your Brinkley cache on that return trip. I enjoyed your Lonoke caches on our trip from from St. Louis to Houston on September 4.