PDA

View Full Version : HikerRon departs Arkansas

HikerRon
06-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Well folks, it's time for HikerRon to lace up his boots and hit the trail again.
Heading to Tennessee this time. Due to health issues and financial issues,
I'm moving to Memphis area and will stay with my sister temporarily til
i find a place to live and a place to work.
I've only been in AR for 3 yrs but feel like i've made some lifelong friends, mainly thru the fine geocaching community here.
I will miss you all.
Happy Caching!
-Ron

arkfiremedic
06-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Good luck on your endeavors HikerRon!

searcykid
06-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Sorry to hear you are leaving Arkansas Ron, but Memphis is just a river width away and Searcy is not too much further so we hope to see you around here soon.
Remember the Searcy Event will be the last Saturday of September and we usually get visitors from Tennessee so we will be expecting to at least see you then.
Sorry about the issues you have that cause you to leave. Hope everything straightens out soon.

Jffok
06-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Good luck Hiker Ron. Hope everything goes well with the move and getting a new job. Keep geocaching.

OldRiverRunner
06-26-2010, 09:41 PM
Awwwwhhhh Ron, say it ain't so! We are going to miss you! You have been a real asset to Arkansas geocaching. But, as someone has already said, Memphis is just over the Big Muddy, so I'm sure you will be back to visit us on occasion. Take care and best of luck to you!

edieo
06-27-2010, 08:10 AM
I hate to see you go and I hope every thing works out alright for you.

rklmbl
06-27-2010, 08:32 AM
Like every one else, we hate for you to move...even across the state line. We wish you the best. Still want to keep up with your number of finds and when you hit 5000, we will have the HikerRon event. Stay cool.

BSA534
06-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Sure hate to see you go Ron. You've been a great asset to the caching community here. Please keep in touch and come to visit when you can. Lots of caches in the Memphis area without your signature, so good luck!

grzz51
06-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Ron, Helena is only 1 hour away so I hope to see you down this way from time to time :D

Gaddiel
06-27-2010, 05:08 PM
We're gonna miss you. Please stay in touch and I hope you continue to visit us here at web site often! Keep that TomTom loaded with caches!

Wayne

SJClimber
06-27-2010, 08:25 PM
Wow, Ron, you are moving farther away from Colorado. Will miss your face at events in Arkansas, but as has been said, Memphis is not so far away. And it's not a bad place to cache. God speed and good luck.

Cpdenton
06-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Ok Ron, I will start working on Mtnbirders to see if we can get them down toward Memphis for a trip to cache. Sure going to miss finding your caches....when I could get over toward Cabot to look. Thanks, and I am wishing you all the best in the future! If you ever need anything from someone over this way, don't hesitate to call!

Chris, Christi, and Hailey Denton

cachemates
06-28-2010, 09:01 PM
Hate to see you go Ron and hope the best for you. You never know when you least expect it someone in a Wendy's restaurant in Memphis just might shout "Hiker Ron". This will only make sense to Ron.

grzz51
06-29-2010, 01:12 PM
The only man who knows EVERY road in Arkansas :wink: