PDA

View Full Version : Cacher in Ft. Smith Area

istakebroad
03-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Hey everyone, istakebroad is my handle, but most people call me Stake. A friend of mine recently got me into Geocaching and I'm already getting the fever! Found my first two caches this past week and can't wait to get out again when the weather permits. :D

OldRiverRunner
03-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Welcome to the game and to our website! :D There are a lot of great caches in the Ft. Smith area. And there are great cachers in that area who will be more than willing to help you along as you get started. Look for events in your area or not too far away (like the May 1 event in Russellville or the ArkGeo events at Petit Jean SP on June 5 and 6) to give you an opportunity to meet fellow geocachers and discuss the fine points of the game.

Ashallond
03-20-2010, 06:54 PM
Gotta watch for the Fort Smith cachers....if you read their logs, you'll see they're just a bit crazy. ;)

welcome from a fellow Fort Smithian.

Jffok
03-20-2010, 08:21 PM
Hey Stake welcome to the geocaching madness. Here in Ft.Smith and the surrounding area you will find lots of geocaches. Like Ashallond said it can get rather crazy in a battle for FTFs. But you will catch on as you meet people and read the logs on the caches that you do find.
Need anything just send me an email and I will try my best to help you out. I am in Ft. Smith everyday.
Judy

astrodav
03-20-2010, 08:37 PM
Gotta watch for the Fort Smith cachers....if you read their logs, you'll see they're just a bit crazy. ;)

Yeah, but those of us south of Fort Smith are really normal. 8) :twisted:

wilddav
03-21-2010, 08:05 AM
Welc0me 8)

edieo
03-21-2010, 10:43 AM
Welcome to game

istakebroad
03-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone... and I appreciate those willing to help with questions I have.

farmnurse
03-27-2010, 06:01 PM
I too am in Fort Smith and I am new and have not been at this long enough to be crazy yet. My husband and I really enjoy getting into this

edieo
03-27-2010, 07:00 PM
Welcome to the game farmnurse :)

arkfiremedic
03-27-2010, 07:00 PM
I too am in Fort Smith and I am new and have not been at this long enough to be crazy yet. My husband and I really enjoy getting into thisSo are you a nurse on a farm? Or like a veterinary nurse? Just curious about your cachin' handle. Any way welcome. Look forward to meeting you and your husband at the ArkGeo Event in June.

farmnurse
03-28-2010, 04:29 PM
The name comes from a time in a past life when I was a surgery nurse and lived out in the country. Now I am a science teacher that lives in town. I have had the name for as long as I have been online which is about 13 years and just never change it since it has been my identity for so long. I cant wait for June

wilddav
03-29-2010, 05:39 AM
its so fun to look for these little treasure hinding from us going into the woods getting thorns all on you ,and getting stuck on a back road////wait thats what happen to me over the weekend batesville,ar has a few good one and i am still picking thorns out of me :D

Welcome

mike-ski
03-30-2010, 06:33 PM
All kidding aside...I'm really new also. AND WELCOME! I have cached in five other states and it's really easy to say that in your neck of the woods you have some of the nicest and coolest cachers I have experienced.

Have fun!

Mike

farmnurse
03-31-2010, 09:18 PM
its so fun to look for these little treasure hinding from us going into the woods getting thorns all on you ,and getting stuck on a back road////wait thats what happen to me over the weekend batesville,ar has a few good one and i am still picking thorns out of me :D

Welcome
What no ticks yet?

wilddav
04-01-2010, 09:22 AM

Welcome
What no ticks yet?
000oohh yea ther is ticks now to add to my whining any one got cheese