PDA

View Full Version : GSAK w/ counties?

TinmanJones
03-11-2010, 07:40 PM
I was talking to arkfiremedic a couple days ago about my County Challenge! He mentioned that I could sort through my caches, in GSAK, to list the counties!
Anyone know how to do this, if its possible?

Thanks!
Tinman Jones

arkfiremedic
03-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Open GSAK

Click View

Add/Delete Columns...

Click Display

Click County

Click OK

Should be good to go

TinmanJones
03-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Thanks!
Did all that!
No counties listed under the county list!
Grr!
:lol:

Woodwalker9
03-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Tinman, I had forgotten where to find this, but mathseeeker remembered. Now that you have the county column in your database, when you go to load your PQ into GSAK, make sure that there is a Y in the County box of the GPX load window. Then when you hit OK, it should load your counties for you. Hope that this helps.

TinmanJones
03-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Ok!
Thanks Woodwalker and Mathseeker!
And you too AFM!
I appreciate all yall do for me!

arkfiremedic
03-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Sorry I forgot the part about the "Y" in the county box :oops: :oops: :oops: Please forgive me. Thanks for setting him straight WW9 and Mathseeker.

TinmanJones
03-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Tinman, I had forgotten where to find this, but mathseeeker remembered. Now that you have the county column in your database, when you go to load your PQ into GSAK, make sure that there is a Y in the County box of the GPX load window. Then when you hit OK, it should load your counties for you. Hope that this helps.

hmmmm
i guess im confused as to where this "Y" goes?
you say in the county box of the GPX load window, but im not sure where this window is!

Woodwalker9
03-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Tinman, when you go to File and click on Load GPX/LOC/ZIP a window will pop up. Near the bottom in the center is the County box. This is where you place the Y

TinmanJones
03-12-2010, 09:48 PM
got it! man you guys and gals are great! im glad to have you all this close to help a brother out! i appreciate yall!

TnT
03-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Tinman, when you go to File and click on Load GPX/LOC/ZIP a window will pop up. Near the bottom in the center is the County box. This is where you place the Y

Actually, you'd be better off to put in "YB", as then only the blank counties will update. With a "Y", all counties update every time.

TinmanJones
03-15-2010, 05:47 PM
blank counties?

arkfiremedic
03-15-2010, 06:05 PM
blank counties?Lost me too...

TinmanJones
03-15-2010, 07:08 PM
blank counties?Lost me too...

according to our mutual friend, thats not hard to do! (just sayin) LOL

arkfiremedic
03-15-2010, 07:09 PM
The blank look I now have has nothing to with counties... 8O

TnT
03-16-2010, 05:15 AM

Actually, you'd be better off to put in "YB", as then only the blank counties will update. With a "Y", all counties update every time.

by "blank counties", I meant those records for which the county field is blank. It's much quicker to update the field for twenty records rather than 200 or 2000. Of course, I'm assuming the cache doesn't move from county to county