PDA

View Full Version : New in Van Buren

guwisti
02-28-2010, 04:37 PM
Hi all! My fiancee and I are 3 days into this from Van Buren. :) Totally hooked right now. Met a fellow cacher on a FTF hunt this morning, so that was great! Look forward to attending events. Most fun hobby by far! :)

gingerose
02-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Welcome, we are glad you found us. It is a very addictive. there are many cachers in your area so hopefully you will run into a few more soon.

Gingerose

Ashallond
02-28-2010, 10:44 PM
Yay, more River Valley cachers. VB/FS has a ton of caches, so definitely try the different types to get a feel for all of the ways things can be hidden.

edieo
03-01-2010, 04:18 AM
Welcome to the Game!! :)

QuartzCachers
03-01-2010, 07:11 AM
Welcome guwisti! You are in an active caching area, and there are some great cachers in that vicinity. Please don't hesitate to ask questions on here. We were all new once. Sometimes, I still am, it seems! :lol:

guwisti
03-01-2010, 07:19 AM
Thanks all! I think with the event going on in Mt. Ida, the area was depleted of cachers when we found our first FTF yesterday morning. Beat CA Knowles to it and after reading his logs, felt like we were meeting a famous person. lol! We're hooked, had pizzaboy2600 not been sick I'm sure we would've gotten more this weekend. Can't wait to attend an event and meet everyone.

TheRascals
03-01-2010, 08:44 AM
Welcome to the fun. There are lots of great people and this is a place to meet most of them. Look forward to you in SW Arkansas

wilddav
03-01-2010, 09:23 AM
your welcome always here iwas ho0ked the moment thta i found my first after 3-5 no finds i thought that this was all a joke but than i didnt give up now i am finding more than my share have a bless day †

jclaudii
03-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Again welcome to the fun hobby! We made a post on facebook over the weekend about getting out and geocaching and someone asked if there were really that many geocaches in Russellville. I pulled a quick query that morning and I recall aver 700 in a 30 mile radius of my house in Russellville.

I think there are more caches in our little state than there are active geocachers!

gingerose
03-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Hey, it looks as if we have another fox.......Yeah!!!!!

FOXES RULE!!!!!!!!

guwisti
03-01-2010, 11:02 PM
If anyone's on facebook, feel free to "friend" me. It should be on my profile. Only have one friend that I know of who geocaches and she's in Colorado.

Jffok
03-02-2010, 07:29 PM
I want to add my welcome to the ones above. The Ft.Smith/Van Buren area is rich with caches. And you met one of our leading geocachers already. He is a great story teller and photographer as well as geocacher.
Hope to meet up with you at an event or on the trails one of these days.
Good luck in your quest for caches, be safe and have lots of fun.

GOOD TO HAVE ANOTHER FOX IN OUR AREA. :D :D :D :D

guwisti
03-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Can't wait to meet everyone, either on the trail or at an event! Pizzaboy2600 should be getting on this here Arkansas site at some point. CAKnowles is a great storyteller! To hear him tell it, we got our first FTF because we had jet skis! lol Got my first travel bug today! Yay! And I think there is another new cacher in the area, either that or someone just decided to find their first cache here in VB. Finally got the full app for iPhone today! PB had someone greet him from a bicycle downtown while he was making a grab, guy had a "knowing look" and a garmin hanging from his pocket...sound like anyone you all know?

Ashallond
03-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Wasn't me. I was up above I-40 in VB/ Figure Five doing Jaygill's ccccp series in my car.

And also, just wait until yazzman gets to telling the stories. Half the fun around here is the tall tales that everyone spins to talk about the fight for the FTF's.

I think I may have to arrange for a meet and greet breakfast one of these weekends.....hmmm.....The stories would be awesome.

farmnurse
03-03-2010, 11:18 PM
I am new here myself, we are neighbors I am in Fort Smith

astrodav
03-03-2010, 11:45 PM
Ft. Smith? Well, I tell you a perfect cache-route you can start setting up when you want to hide some caches. Travel down Hwy71 to Needmore, then turn East on Hwy28.....then just start hiding all the way down that valley.

That's not very far from Ft. Smith really, it'll give you something really fun to do on weekends, & the lone cacher between Needmore & Ola will REALLY like FTF'ing all of your new caches. 8) :lol:

guwisti
03-04-2010, 07:34 AM
Nice to "meet" you farmnurse! I think we definitely need a meet and greet in the area in the near future! Would be great to meet other cachers! :)

SunnyArkfam
04-24-2010, 06:45 AM
Hi all. We are newbies, started geocaching at spring break this year, and are having a blast.

I wonder if someone could do a tutorial--online or at an event sometime on solving JayGill's puzzle caches. They look interesting but I do not have a clue.

We are hoping to make the Russellville event next Sat, btw.

Cache on.
Sunny Arkfam

edieo
04-24-2010, 06:58 AM
Welcome to the game ,,I'm sure there's some one out there that can help you with the puzzles I haven't done them yet ..lol :)

arkfiremedic
04-24-2010, 07:23 AM
Sorry I'm not 'smart' enough to do most puzzles. So I really can't help you either.

edieo
04-24-2010, 07:26 AM
Oh now I find that hard to believe !!!! 8O :twisted: :evil:

astrodav
04-24-2010, 12:51 PM
I wonder if someone could do a tutorial--online or at an event sometime on solving JayGill's puzzle caches. They look interesting but I do not have a clue.

The only person who should do that is JayGill himself, unless he gives someone else permission to show others how to work his caches. Might try e-mail'ing him for small hints. Some cachers, including myself, will happily help others out on their own caches if they are stuck. Some won't however. Just have to ask.

Most of those caches of his look more like a Letterbox than a Puzzle. He's just making you find some certain location, then proceed a certain distance in a certain direction, repeating the process until you should be at the cache location.

Others seem to be some type of "Projection Cache", which has recently become something of a fad in caching. It's basically the same thing. Star out at "A" & proceed "B" feet at a heading of "C" degrees.

farmnurse
04-24-2010, 07:48 PM
Welcome to the game ,,I'm sure there's some one out there that can help you with the puzzles I haven't done them yet ..lol :)

I have done one of his puzzle caches and did not find it that difficult. GC19XBH
In fact this one was pretty easy

Ashallond
04-24-2010, 08:41 PM
I'd be glad to help you with techniques (as in how do I do a projection, or etc.) but I'd do it not using jaygills' numbers.

I actually need to make a few more puzzle caches, just to play with a few people around here.

Jffok
04-25-2010, 06:37 AM
Hi all. We are newbies, started geocaching at spring break this year, and are having a blast.

We are hoping to make the Russellville event next Sat, btw.

Cache on.
Sunny Arkfam

Hello and welcome to geocaching. I live near Ft.Smith and it is always good to see new cachers out there. Eventually means more people hiding as well.
I have done most of Jay's puzzle caches. Some are relative easy and some were really hair pulling , nail biting ones.
But I think you should contact him for help with them
Good luck and happy caching.

clk103197
12-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Hello all. I am new to all this and just learning the jargon but I can't wait to get out there and do this!
I look forward to meeting everyone!

edieo
12-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Welcome to the game ..Its alot of fun!!!! :)

Nukeworker
12-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Welcome to the Arkansas geocaching community. We're all here to help answer your questions and provide fellowship when we meet you.

fishigfool60
12-02-2010, 04:40 AM
Like to extend a welcome to clk103197, glad to have some new blood in the area. If I can ever help with anything drop a line. Looking forward to meeting up with you on the trails sometime.