PDA

View Full Version : Help in finding new contest rules

Jffok
02-02-2010, 07:37 AM
I have just signed up on this site to find the informatin on the new contest that was started on Feb 1, 2010. So far the only thing I have found is the announcment of it starting and to look under Ark.geocachers Association section of the forum.
Can anyone direct me to the contest guidelines, etc.
Thanks.

OldRiverRunner
02-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Are you a "registered member" or did you just sign up as a website user? If you are not a "registered member" (which means a voting member), then you are not be able to find the rules because they are posted under the "Arkansas Geocachers Association" section in the Forums, which is a "Members Only" forums section and not even visible to all website users.

Jffok
02-02-2010, 12:02 PM
At I just signed up to view the website. Now I have gone back and signed up as a registered member but it is still not giving me that one forum that I need.

OldRiverRunner
02-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Sorry, but you have successfully exhausted my knowledge of how this website works! :? Try this LINK (http://www.arkgeocaching.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2505&sid=e0c8180698cfeaac1afd395cc3daad1e) and hopefully it will take you there!

Jffok
02-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Your source of knowledge lasted longer than mine would have. Thanks.

Gaddiel
02-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Jffok,

I think I found the problem. Try it again now.

Wayne

Ashallond
02-02-2010, 10:50 PM
I have to admit, when I joined up, it took me a while to figure out everything.

Perhaps a *NEW PEOPLE COME HERE* thread/heading on the left list with clear instructions on everything might be a good idea?

Jffok
02-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Got it. Thanks for all the help from everyone one.

captaincooder
02-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Hmmm....I didn't know I wasn't registered either. I had been told it was free to be a member, so I thought I did what was necessary, but I guess not. I just went to "Registered Members" and got a "You are not authorized to view this page" warning, so I took it that I was, in fact, not registered. Then I clicked on the "Registered Voting" section and entered my information. Now I can click on the "Registered Members" section, but it just shows me the information that I had just entered under the voting section. I was expecting to be taken to another secret section of the website. So did I do it correctly? Now what happens? I can't find any "Arkansas Geocachers Association" section in the Forums, so I guess I either didn't do it correctly, or else my membership is pending.

edieo
02-08-2010, 02:31 AM
You should recieved a email and it will tell what to do next .. :)

Jffok
02-08-2010, 04:35 AM
Apparently there is a secret maze you must travel through :) :) :) but if they can get me there, they can get anyone to the right section.
Woke up to more snow this morning. Yuck Yuck.

edieo
02-08-2010, 04:37 AM
Yep snowing here too.. :lol:

captaincooder
02-08-2010, 10:13 AM
Okie dokie, Edieo. Waiting on an e-mail...

Good thing it's snowing, because I've got stuff to do that I've been putting off...just one more cache....just one more cache...just one more cache...

wilddav
02-24-2010, 07:05 AM
how is it that we all think alike just one more cach,just 0ne more cach :D

captaincooder
02-24-2010, 10:08 PM
Like the George Jones song..."One cache, just one more, and then another." Eureka! 8O I smell the name of a new cache!