PDA

View Full Version : ANNOUNCEMENT - New Monthly Contest - Starting Feb. 1st, 2010

ArkGeo_Board
01-25-2010, 04:00 PM
The Arkansas Geocachers Association is proud and excited to announce a new monthly contest that will launch on February 1st, 2010.

The contest is called “The Caching To Do List”.

On the 1st of each month “The Caching To Do List” will be published in a thread under the Arkansas Geocachers Association Section of the forum. “The Caching To Do List” will be a list requirements that are fulfilled by either finding and/or hiding caches. The list will be compiled by the ArkGeo Community Relations Committee along with suggestions from the membership.

Here is a short example of some requirements that might be on the list:

1. Find five caches that have a difficulty rating of 2 and a terrain rating of 1 ½.
2. Find a “Virtual Cache”
3. Find a cache that has not been found and/or logged in the last 30 days.

Again, this is only an example. The list will have a variety of requirements that along with your suggestions will change every month.

The winner of the contest will be the first cacher to post either a list of or a bookmark list of the finds/hides in the same thread as the announced list for the month that are reviewed and verified by the Judges.

And there will be a prize for the winner too!!!

A complete list of the rules will be published in the forum also, so stay tuned.

Good luck and Happy caching!

QuartzCachers
01-25-2010, 05:39 PM
This is awesome! I can't wait to try it! Good job guys and gals! :D :D :D

edieo
01-25-2010, 05:53 PM
Sounds like alot of fun ,,Count me in.. :lol:

bluesybreeze
01-25-2010, 09:05 PM
Sounds like fun! I will NEVER be able to win, but it does sound interesting and the challenge would be fun to do whether you are in the contest or not. Good work!

pshelto
01-25-2010, 10:43 PM
Well I am not really into these competitions and such. FTF rushes and numbers aren't really my thing; I just like nice casual caching without all the extra hoopla and such. It just cramps my easy going style really. So with all that being said...

BRING IT ON!!!

I look forward to trying these things out (even though I don't expect to win, I like the challenge).

Ashallond
01-25-2010, 11:55 PM
Yeah, not too fond of the 'first to get the list done wins that month rule' as if the 1st falls on a M-F, then I'm pretty much out because a lot of people have a lot more free time than I do as a teacher/coach.

But hey, if it works where it's a weekend, then I'll definitely try to play.

arkfiremedic
01-26-2010, 02:40 AM
Get the Arkansas Geocaching 'Hall of the Fame' ready... I may not can keep up with ya'll on numbers, but I can sho nuff complete some challenges!

00shark
02-19-2010, 10:52 PM
Does anyone know where the thread went for the challenge for this month? Pat encouraged me (gingerose) to post for 00shark, since she had also completed the list. I just got her list together and can not find where to post it. The whole thread as seemed to disappear.

Ashallond
02-19-2010, 11:50 PM
It's way down in the bottom forum (well, the bottom forum I can see)

http://www.arkgeocaching.org/modules.ph ... 0910fb3e38 (http://www.arkgeocaching.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2521&sid=e66490e52085b13b7169350910fb3e38)

00shark
02-20-2010, 06:32 AM
Could not find it in the botom forum and when following link it says, "The topic or post you requested does not exist."

I also attempted to view post from gingerose and the post with the finds is not there.

???? not sure what to do????

Anyone have any ideas or know something?

OldRiverRunner
02-20-2010, 08:13 AM
Gingerose -

I'm not sure if this is the reason for your problem, but it may be. The forum posting in question is in a Members Only section of the website. If you are not a registered voting member of ArkGeo, you can't see this forum section and you don't have access to it in any way. I suspect that while you (Gingerose) are a registered voting member, 00shark may not be. So, when you log in under her website user account, you cannot see the Members Only features.

Just my guess as to what's going on, because I just clicked on the link posted above and it worked fine.

ORR

00shark
02-20-2010, 06:25 PM
I just check and it looks like 00shark is a voting member so that should not be the problem. Beside I would think it would tell me that it is a restricted area not that it does not exist.

Although I will log out of her account and try it in the ginerose account and see what happens.

Be back in a minute,lol

gingerose
02-20-2010, 06:28 PM
Okay, I am not sure what is going on. It does show up at the bottom of my forum list in the gingerose account.

It says that it does not exist if I click the link above.

And both account are registered voting members.

Go figure.... :)

wilddav
03-09-2010, 09:46 AM
so had one been posted yet???

Spice
03-09-2010, 11:12 AM
The February and March editions have already been published in the "Arkansas Geocachers Association" section of the forums. A new list will be released on April 1st.

wilddav
03-10-2010, 09:09 AM
The February and March editions have already been published in the "Arkansas Geocachers Association" section of the forums. A new list will be released on April 1st.
Rats i did miss it didnt I ,and you say the next 0ne is 0n april 1st is it going to be a april f0ol joke : )//just kidding I have not found where it was posted ??

arkfiremedic
03-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Rats i did miss it didnt I ,and you say the next 0ne is 0n april 1st is it going to be a april f0ol joke : )//just kidding I have not found where it was posted ??Wilddav you may be having the same trouble that both 00Shark and TinmanJones are having. I am not sure what the trouble is though. At first I thought it might be because they were not voting members, but that is not the case either. I can imagine it being discouraging not being able to find what everyone else is talking about. I really think TinmanJones was starting to think (if he didn't already think) that I was crazy when I talked about this contest. It wasn't until yesterday until he came to my place of employment and looked on my computer that he even saw what I was talking about. He doesn't have the entire "Arkansas Geocachers Association" forum. To the powers that be smarter than me: Why can't these people see that forum?

Woodwalker9
03-10-2010, 10:50 AM
I contacted our Co-Webmaster about this problem and he has just assured me that he has corrected the problem on these two accounts. They now should have full access. If anyone else is having trouble please don't hesitate to contact one of your Board of Directors or me personally and we will try to get the problem solved ASAP.

arkfiremedic
03-10-2010, 11:27 AM
Thanks Woodwalker. As it stands though I count 3 people having difficulty including; wilddav, 00Shark, and TinmanJones. Thanks for your help.

wilddav
03-10-2010, 01:11 PM
its g0t to be those darn gremlins inside the computer :roll:

guwisti
03-14-2010, 04:40 PM
I'm new, but I think I'm a member and I'm unable to see the association forum as well. Would love to participate in the contests, but can't find them. Thanks for the help!

gingerose
03-15-2010, 05:50 AM
00shark can now see that thread!

Thank you, Woodwalker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wilddav
03-24-2010, 09:29 AM
Get the Arkansas Geocaching 'Hall of the Fame' ready... I may not can keep up with ya'll on numbers, but I can sho nuff complete some challenges!

N0 get the Arkansas Geocaching 'Hall of the Fame' ready... for ME 8) so
is this where its going to be this topic??

wilddav
03-30-2010, 05:44 AM
S0 the April 1st contest is it going to be in this topic?? cause im lo0king forward in beating who ever to get it done i would like to know cause when April gets here i know wher to turn to what topic to go to and not wonder where it is and all ??

wilddav
04-01-2010, 09:08 AM
0o its april fo0ls day april the 1st

wilddav
04-02-2010, 07:01 AM
I LIKE TO KNOW WHERE IS THE CONTEST ??????

AR-HICK
04-02-2010, 07:06 AM
Go to the Arkansas Geocachers Association section of the forums.
Try this link:

http://arkgeocaching.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2807&sid=0495607e984b69096c4507b48baafac2

wilddav
04-02-2010, 07:07 AM
It sh0ws/////
The topic or post you requested does not exist

photojunky
04-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Thanks, the link worked great :)

guwisti
04-05-2010, 06:28 AM
I'm still not able to see the contests. :(

gingerose
04-05-2010, 07:23 PM
guwisti, you will need to make sure that you are a voting member of the site. If not, then become a voting member and you should see a new section at the bottom of the forum list.

guwisti
04-05-2010, 07:59 PM
How do I do that? I'm registered as a member, but how do I get registered as a voting member?

gingerose
04-05-2010, 08:11 PM
I believe you click on the link called "Registered Voting" on the left side of your screen. Then click on the "Voter Registration" link at the bottom of the box.