PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't there caches...

pshelto
01-15-2010, 03:28 PM
I don't know if other people have experienced this or not but I was out and about caching and noticed no caches in certain places so I thought I would see why not.

MacArthur park in Little Rock by the arts center.
The Arkansas rest stop outside of Texarkana.

Are these parks and need special permission?

TheRascals
01-15-2010, 10:11 PM
I have stopped at the rest area not long ago scoping out a place for a cache. I guess I had better get past the planning stage and get on to the doing it stage.

pshelto
01-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Cool, I will look forward to it. The place is big enough for two or three so I might add one too. I was just concerned there was some rule or something.

sayitagain
01-17-2010, 10:50 PM
MacArthur Park has had a couple of caches over the years but the park is a pretty muggle filled area so they have dissapeared. In fact Spanky The Wizard had one there appropriatly named "How long will it last". After replacing it several times he finally gave up. I'd love to see some more over there but they would need to be camouflaged pretty good. Sayitagain

jclaudii
01-18-2010, 09:12 AM
I think it's all about obvious camouflage that goes with the environment. I think the difficulty may have to be bumped to a 5 just so the darn thing can stick around.

pshelto
01-18-2010, 11:29 PM
I think they would need some serious camo indeed. I was just thinking it would have been cool to have a cache dedicated to the mummies at the pharaoh exhibit. I was in there looking at the mummies thinking "is there a place I can take a picture for the virtual cache hidden here?" Then I used a nearby bystander's iphone to search for nearby caches and found none. Sad day; I found a nice cutout to place my face in to make myself an Egyptian king.

at123
02-16-2010, 10:47 PM
I have somthing that would probably work for an area like that. It was designed by a buddy of mine. With his permission I could help you out with this. If anyone would like to place a cache there that could possibly not be muggled P.M. me or look me up on the geocaching website and email me.