PDA

View Full Version : Cache Ca$h Dash Bash - Sat. Jan. 9, 2010 - Paris, Arkansas

jclaudii
01-05-2010, 09:20 AM
Just wanted to make a thread for this event and ask the question...why the "double sign up" Paris? I mean we post a will attend on the cache page and I signed up for the ticket site so I can print a ticket. Just curious on how this makes your life easier?

I ask this not to be rude, but to see if your method may help in planning/organizing a bigger event we may have this spring.

Spice
01-05-2010, 10:57 AM
The registration with Eventbrite was really a test. Eventbrite will allow you to register people for all kinds of events and their services are free as long as you don't charge for attendance. If you do charge they charge a fee for their services.

The site will allow you to ask your own survey questions, like "Will you be donating a prize" and "What food item do you plan on bringing" or anything else you would like to ask attendees.

It will also allow you to print nametags for those who preregister and make a list of those who registered.

It also will create buttons, count downs applications to use on web sites and blogs. It has many other things that can be used that I have not even had the chance to look at.

There is no requirement to register at the site it was just "another tool" to help us plan our event.

I can't wait to see everyone this COLD Saturday!

Spice
01-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Oops, and I forgot it does say "Print a ticket", there is no need to print a ticket to show up.

OldRiverRunner
01-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Oops, and I forgot it does say "Print a ticket", there is no need to print a ticket to show up.
Darn! And I had so much fun printing mine out! I felt special!

jclaudii
01-06-2010, 08:53 AM
I know, it kinda feels like where going to some exclusive rock concert in the middle of some podunk town in AR that you can only find if you have a GPS. I hope it's an indoor concert cause it could be very cold!

BSA534
01-07-2010, 10:20 PM
David,
Any way you could just put the temporary caches inside the building somewhere... For that matter, could you just go around and pick up all the cahces in town and bring them to the meeting place so we can stay nice and toasty?!?! :lol:

Ashallond
01-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Why am I foreseeing a large caravan of cars, and one person goes out at each cache and signs for everyone else, and we rotate the sacrificial lamb for each cache?

;)

01-08-2010, 08:50 PM
hey! i like this idea of a sacrificial lamb. i have to work this weekend, and will not be able to make the trip. could i nominate bsa534 to sign my name to the logs when he signs everyone else's in the caravan?

ps

i'm also nominating bssa534 to be the all time sacrificial lamb so the rest of us can stay dry & warm...

BSA534
01-09-2010, 06:53 PM
I'm fine with that as long as Connor comes along to do all the work!

Ashallond
01-10-2010, 02:33 PM
I had fun yesterday! Thanks to paris1time and everyone else who helped to make it fun.

Nukeworker
01-10-2010, 09:00 PM
The entire day with 2 events was filled with wonderful fellowship, delicious food, delightful door prizes, along with fun games and caches. Thank you to everyone who worked very hard to make this a great success, Nukeworker and Racquetball girl