PDA

View Full Version : Numbers Novemeber

drmo913
10-15-2009, 09:36 AM
As I sit here browsing the forums while I drink my morning coffee, I've had a thought. Cachers are all about numbers. Why not dedicate November to that cause? ...as in HIDING a vast number of cachers for other cachers to seek? Instead of having a goal of finding a cache a day, make the goal of hiding a cache a day?

Thoughts?

Dentful1
10-15-2009, 12:09 PM
Congratulations.......You will not be receiving anything for Christmas from "Chuckwalla" this year with that idea.

Just ask QC and L2C about being on Chucks "chit list." :lol:

drmo913
10-15-2009, 11:17 PM
My momma once told me that "ideas are cheap!" I think a "Numbers November" is a great idea. However, I didn't give consideration to our beloved reviewer with the thought of one a day. How about the goal of everyone place at least 1 cache memorable cache, i.e. "Tool Time", "How you measure up as a cacher?"... & 1 park n' go?

Thoughts?

pshelto
10-16-2009, 03:51 PM
Be careful pushing caches in South Arkansas; we have some cheap-cache haters.

I want to see some more not in cities, but rather on the roads to cities.

Savoy
11-01-2009, 06:32 AM
My momma once told me that "ideas are cheap!" I think a "Numbers November" is a great idea. ...
Thoughts?

I like the idea... a number of quality caches in "underserved" areas could be cool. My zip is in a SORE need of caches.... I plan on working on that once I get back to the states. (Though Search is only 30 min. away, so that makes up for the total lack of caches in my little hometown :-) )

I'm going to post a thread for asking for updates on changes to Arkansas rules on placing caches since I've been out since 2001! I'm sure there have been a few new 'procedures' since I left AR for China.

- Les / Savoy

Lexmano
01-18-2010, 08:48 PM
However, I didn't give consideration to our beloved reviewer with the thought of one a day.

Man, I am glad I live in Maine! In my caching career, we have been fairly and graciously served by GPSfun and MainePublisher.

I am pleased that in placing caches I have never had to have second thoughts about the reviewer's willingness to accommodate my creativity.

Ed Daggett

Lexmano

jclaudii
01-19-2010, 03:54 PM
I don't think our review is that limiting and since we only have one we respect him and his time. So far he has not told me that he won't be approving a cache for some crazy reason. The few times he has told me "no" is because it was too close to another cache, to close to a bridge/railroad, or that I did not have permissions.

I have posted 3 at once for review and have never had a problem. Welcome to our board and hope you have fun on your trip through Arkansas