PDA

View Full Version : Pray for Majii

Woodwalker9
09-07-2009, 06:44 PM
I have just heard that Michael Jenkins, aka majii, may have been diagnosed with cancer. I don't know any of the details. Does anyone know more?

I have added him to my prayer list and ask others to do the same..

cachemates
09-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Pat, I sure hate to hear this. Be sure he will be in our prayers. :(

GeoJeepers
09-07-2009, 08:55 PM
8O This is bad news to say the least....we will be thinking of Majii and keeping him in our prayers.

gingerose
09-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Prayers are going up as we speak.

Please keep us posted if you find out anything!!!

AR-HICK
09-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Michael, I am thinking of you and hoping for the best!

If you attack it like you cache, you won't need any help.

Prayers and Hope I will do. Good Luck

OldRiverRunner
09-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Michael will be in my thoughts and prayers. But he can beat this! He's a survivor! And geocaching has to be a great medicine.

Old River Runner

QuartzCachers
09-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Prayers are the best medicine, and most importantly, I know that Michael believes this. Count ours among the prayers that are being said for him. Mike is young and strong, and if anyone can beat this, my money is on him!

Dentful1
09-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Sure would like to have an update. How old is Majii?? 30 something?? What kind of cancer??

edieo
09-10-2009, 04:50 AM
He is on my prayer list also

majii
09-10-2009, 11:21 AM
For those who don't know, the doctors are pretty sure it's cancer. I have surgery scheduled for next Thursday (9/17) that is expected to take care of everything. I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers.

Oddly enough, this bad news comes right on top of some incredibly good news. This past Friday I proposed to smon25 (Monica), and she said yes. Needless to say, we were on all ends of the emotional spectrum over the span of just a few days. And, true to form, I've got a cache I need to get published that commemorates the engagement. I took her to the place where we went on our second date and first geocaching date and placed a cache nearby. The new cache will be called Memories and will mark the trailhead for another nearby cache.

arkfiremedic
09-10-2009, 11:28 AM
For those who don't know, the doctors are pretty sure it's cancer. I have surgery scheduled for next Thursday (9/17) that is expected to take care of everything. I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers.

Oddly enough, this bad news comes right on top of some incredibly good news. This past Friday I proposed to smon25 (Monica), and she said yes. Needless to say, we were on all ends of the emotional spectrum over the span of just a few days. And, true to form, I've got a cache I need to get published that commemorates the engagement. I took her to the place where we went on our second date and first geocaching date and placed a cache nearby. The new cache will be called Memories and will mark the trailhead for another nearby cache.

Thank you for the update. I hope all goes well with the surgery and please keep us posted. Prayers are heading your way from L.A. (Lower Arkansas).

Woodwalker9
09-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Michael thank you for letting us know. We are so glad that the prognosis is good and we will continue to pray for your quick and complete recovery.

MathSeeker
09-11-2009, 07:15 PM
You are in my prayers Michael. May God bless you through it all.
Congratulations on the engagement. You and Monica make a great couple.

rklmbl
09-12-2009, 03:35 AM
We are prayerful and hopeful for a speedy recovery and we send best wishes on hearing the news of your engagement.

GeoJeepers
09-12-2009, 07:17 AM
Thanks for updating us Majii. I saw on facebook where everyone went from very happy to very upset in a very short time span...hopefully the joy in the beginning helped to offset the bad news you received from the doctor! Great to hear the outlook is good! We'll be praying for you!

Geezer_Veazey
09-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Hang in there, Majii. I had a cancerous prostate removed just 3 days ago and came through it OK. I'm older than you and that probably had an effect on my thinking, but I never did get depressed. I figured if God was through with me on this earth, well, I've had a good life and I'll be better off. My future was placed in His hands and my life has been one of praising Him for many years.

I had a great number of people praying for me and God answered their prayers. From the messages on this board, there are many people praying for you and I will be also. I imagine you have non-geocaching family and friends praying for you also. If God can still use you everything will be fine. So trust in Him and don't worry, be happy.

Guy Veazey aka Geezer_Veazey

SJClimber
09-13-2009, 09:40 AM
Michael, we're thinking of you daily and keep you on our prayer list (it gets longer every day). If you need help in any way in the medical field, questions, etc.., let me know.

specialteacher
09-13-2009, 01:15 PM
My prayers are with you. You can beet this.

flannelman
09-15-2009, 03:08 PM
Prayers sent from here.

majii
09-21-2009, 08:04 AM
Once again, I'd like to thank everybody for the prayers. I'm completely overwhelmed at how many people I've found out were praying for me the past couple of weeks. The surgeryseems to have been successul this past Thursday, and I'm getting better every day. I'm getting a geocaching itch, but I'm probably going to have to stick to 1.0 and 1.5 terrain caches for a little while. I have a follow-up appointment this Thursday where they'll tell me the results of the biopsy and do some more tests to find out if the cancer was contained or not. Continued prayers are always appreciated.

On another note, I'll be getting married 6 months from yesterday, so that's something to look forward to. I expect to be fully back in the swing of my normal life by then, just in time to have everything rearranged again... 8) I don't mind though. :P

Woodwalker9
09-21-2009, 09:20 AM
Michael, thank you for the update. We are thrilled that the surgery went well and will continue to pray for your complete recovery.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. You are correct. Your life is about to change big time, but for the better. I wish you both the very best.

QuartzCachers
09-21-2009, 03:33 PM
Michael, thanks for letting us know. I was really wondering, but was not sure I should call at this time. I wish you a speedy recovery, and know that our prayers for you are still going strong.

09-21-2009, 07:50 PM
Majii, I have been out of the loop on this, but I will be praying for you as well as my family will too. I pray they caught it early enough that no further treatment will be necessary, and also that the doctors will be on top of their game and not miss anything.

On the other news, congratulations!

Hope to see you on the trail, or PnG, Soon!

edieo
09-23-2009, 05:22 AM
You are still on my prayer list and Congratulation on your upcoming event.. :)

topkitty98
10-04-2009, 08:39 PM
We've been praying for you, too. (Knew it from facebook!)
What was the news when you went back for the results?

And big congratulations!