PDA

View Full Version : Ammo Cans going the way of Dinosaurs?

AR-HICK
09-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Does anyone know of CHEAP Ammo Cans?
Pool’s Army Surplus in Greenbrier prices have went up 30 cal-$ 5.00, .50 cal.-$ 10.00 and they are telling me that it is just going to get worse, due to low supply. They don’t know how much longer that they will be able to get them. Not that I hide a lot of Ammo Cans, but I do like to keep some just in case I find the perfect spot to place one. They also make great tool boxes and I use them to carry stuff in.

I just want to know if anyone knows of better prices and where to get them?

smichaelmoore
09-02-2009, 10:07 PM
I got mine from Pool's as well, but I have seen them online for $4.50. However, the savings are probably eaten by shipping.

ShadowCachers
09-03-2009, 12:43 AM
Hick how many you want. I can put in an order with my source on base and get quiet a few. let me know how many you want.

Dentful1
09-03-2009, 10:42 AM
Order a railcar full of them and then Arkgeo can sell them at events for a small profit. If you buy them at $2 a can and sell them for $5 a can....hmmmmmmmmm. That would be a railcar full of money.

scoutfrog
09-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Just thought I'd through my .02 worth in the mix. I get mine from a local surplus dealer here in Tn, but also get some online when I catch a good deal.

If you are serious about having a "Ammo can fund raiser", then check out this site

http://www.govliquidation.com/index.html

And search for "ammo can" they have auctions all the time and the 2 closest ones right now are Ft leonarn wood MO (347 miles) and Ft Sill (387 miles) from Hot Springs. You can get them in bulk for about 1.50 - 4.00 ( not counting your gas to go get them )depending on the size and the size of the lot.

Dentful1
09-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Red River Army Depot is just outside of Texarkana.